Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Anybody going this weekend?

Originally posted by Sleeper:

I dunno, I may, what time are they ? I doubt my wife will run her car but it may be fun to go and watch. Tell me which car you're in and we'll stop and say hi, Ken

99 SE Silver Frost 2.0 Zetec ATX Tour
Check out http://www.portlandraceway.com for more info, basically, 8pm to 1am Fridays and Saturdays.

Aaron
Gates open at 7pm, racing to start by 8pm.
Usually around 7:30pm.
If you want to get some runs in on your car show up before 8:30pm.
Otherwise the best time to watch is after 9pm.
I'll be in a T-Red Contour.
Nothing special about my car to make it stand out except it is usually the only Contour at the races.
Gates open at 7pm, racing to start by 8pm.
Usually around 7:30pm.
If you want to get some runs in on your car show up before 8:30pm.
Otherwise the best time to watch is after 9pm.
I'll be in a T-Red Contour.
Nothing special about my car to make it stand out except it is usually the only Contour at the races.

Good luck! You are the racingest Zetecer around. Post your new time slips. I am excited to see if you can beat your old best times.
It is fun,
and $20 for a couple hours entertainment is a good price.
Also working on my launches and R/T.
My 60' is pretty good, but could be better.
I don't think I could improve on my 1/4 times.
Probably be the last time I get to the track for awhile though.
Hope to see some people there Saturday.
I'll be there to watch. My friend should be dragging his chipped S4.
hey sleeper..I saw you but you were pulling out...

how did you do?...

My friends S4 ran a 13.7..
I unfortunately did not make it to the races.
My Girlfriend baught a new computer & printer and I had to set it up for her.
As well as her internet connection.
Damn windows made the process take too long.
When I finished up around 9pm I didn't feel much like going.
Next weekend is the Roy jones Jr fight @ the Rose Garden, so I won't be going next Saturday either.
well...someone was there in a black contour...I wonder who is was
my contour is T-Red.
I've seen a black SVT there twice.
Nobody has claimed to be the driver.
I have been there in my black SVT a few times, but I broke my differential there about a month ago. My transmission is en route to Terry Haines...when it comes back it's on! Until then I'm just watching.
How much did it cost to drop and ship your tranny?

Thanks
Well, I'm hooked up. The friend who was with me has a shop here in Vancouver so removing the trans was pretty much a non-issue. As far as how much it cost to ship it to Terry, I'm not sure yet. UPS wouldn't take it because it was too heavy, likely because my crate was a little on the overkill side. Oak Harbor Freight took it and I will be getting a bill for it shortly. I'll keep you posted, but I expect it to be around $100.
Did anyone go to the drags at PIR this weekend? Just curious...I heard there was an incident out there on Friday.
I don't think there was any drags this past weekend. Some motorcycles were on track out there though.

Yo sleeper, when is the next time you're going to run your car @PIR ? I'd love to come out and see it. I need to do it like this weekend, or in 2 weekends cause I'm kid-less every other weekend and they're too young still for late night drags, Ken
I'll be out there this Saturday (the 21st) at 8pm till I run out of NAWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!! So till around 11pm maybe.
Haven't been out with my UDP yet.
I'm thinking about coming out this Saturday. I just filled up yesterday though . So I if I do come out I probably won't be making any stellar runs (like I ever have before).

I also might have my Autox tires on, if I do, I don't think I'll race, but I'll try and show up. I'll figure something out and post here later today or tomorrow.

Hey Shotwell, when is the debut of the LSD going to be?
I just talked to Terry this morning. He is in the process of building up my trans and says it should be shipped no later than Monday. My car should be back on the road in a couple of weeks. I won't be racing it right away though...I plan to let everything break in properly first. I've got a feeling that the Centerforce clutch is going to be a bear!
Yeah, breaking the whole system in would be good, 500-1000 miles should be good. Then just think, 4000rpm clutch dumps to make BOTH tires scream! MMMMM, Qaife .
my contour is T-Red.
I've seen a black SVT there twice.
Nobody has claimed to be the driver.

This could be Marty (I believe that is his name). He came out for the last track day at PIR, but he isn't on the board. I tried to pimp the board, but that is during the time that there wasn't a board available. If we see him again we'll be sure to get his butt on here.
Nice meeting you out at the races Qbert.
How did the Auto-X go?
Hope to see a few more Contours out at the races before the end of the races (end of October).
Well, I went last night and it was really dead. I guess everybody thought it was going to rain. There were some really sweet cars there but no Contours. An SVT Cobra made an appearance, as well as a Lightning. Very few imports there, mostly domestics. There was some Vega GT running 7.2 quarters...nice! It's cancelled due to weather tonight. Hope to see someone next week!
I'm out till I get my "ghetto ram air" setup installed.
© CEG Archives