Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Brett Youngstrom Repair - 10/22/05 02:58 PM
Any suggestions for repair shops in the Seattle area? I need to have a bearing replaced (hopefully that is all it is) and I have no clue as to where to take it.

I have a '98 SVT, btw.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Repair - 10/23/05 04:08 AM
I don't have any specific recommendations about Seattle area shops, but when I was down in Portland the local Firestone had no problems replacing Contour bearing sets. It's definitely more expensive to work with the Contour than many other cars because a machine shop generally has to get involved to get the old bearings removed and new ones installed. Good luck!
Posted By: bobmin Re: Repair - 10/24/05 08:45 PM
Front or rear? If you're lucky enought to have only lost a rear bearing it's a $50 part and 20 minutes to bolt it on.
Posted By: Brett Youngstrom Re: Repair - 10/25/05 06:36 AM
Unfortunately its the front!
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: Repair - 10/28/05 04:29 AM
really cuz i need a rear bumper for my 97' contour
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Repair - 10/29/05 12:08 AM
Originally posted by anthonys_ford:
really cuz i need a rear bumper for my 97' contour

??? I thought they were talking about wheel bearings ???

And the front one is pressed in the hub. PITA to take the old one out if it's stuck in... if they aren't using a bench press, they will more than likely end up with little pieces of metal lodged in their arms.

You can buy a hub with a bearing already installed, which then makes it a bolt in install.
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: Repair - 11/02/05 07:20 AM
haha my bad i thought the
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Repair - 11/03/05 05:24 PM
haha my bad i thought the

The first one I saw where you were going but um... What? May I finsh that for you

haha my bad i thought the car blow up and he had some parts to get rid of.

Hope I was right man J/K
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: Repair - 11/08/05 04:07 AM
actually i was gonna say that i thought that he might have other parts before my internet crashed... but yea does anyone know where i can get a rear bumper for cheap?
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Repair - 11/08/05 07:02 PM
actually i was gonna say that i thought that he might have other parts before my internet crashed... but yea does anyone know where i can get a rear bumper for cheap?

Just the cover
Pull A Part - $36.50, That�s 1,150% less then Fords price
I was there a week ago they had two 95's one red, one ??(Thanks to all them beers before and after I went) and one 97 blue
I called two other yards and both were about $125

Pull A Part Address and Phone
2416 S 112th St
Tacoma, WA 98499
(253) 588-1775
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: Repair - 11/10/05 06:39 AM
thanks man i'll give them a call
© CEG Archives