Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LuckySVT Meet. ASAP - 10/22/05 03:55 AM
Hey all, we need to meet up, plain and simple. GOt my new car and i want to ride! I wanna see some tours! And whatever else u got! SO whos up?
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/22/05 05:04 AM
i'm up for it, long as it works with my schedule... highly prefer a saturday...maybe sunday..

Aaron
Posted By: tropictour Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/22/05 05:32 AM
We dont fratinize with S2K owners. j/k
Yeah Im definitely up for it if Im off work.
-tropictour
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/23/05 03:27 AM
An S2000?! NICE!!!

Yeah, I'm up for a meet! Maybe next weekend?

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/25/05 04:39 AM
Sounds good to me Marty. how about Sat? Noonish? Ptown? Where should we meet? Heres a little sample of the S2K...Fratinize this...

Do you like...?
Posted By: tropictour Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/25/05 05:14 AM
Looks good. I like the hardtop.
-tropictour
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/25/05 05:45 AM
Friggin' awesome! Nice open road in that second picture too. Looks like eastern Oregon.

Do you wanna just meet at Clackamas Town Center again? In the SE parking lot where we did a couple of other times?

Anyone else coming? Scratch that -- WHO else is coming?

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Meet. ASAP - 10/25/05 07:23 AM
I might be down there this weekend...I'll let you guys know.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/25/05 02:41 PM
I'm less than 50-50 to make this one. But I changed the caption to help anyone who asks "why are there never any meets around here?".

Mike, I still have not replaced my IMRC, but plan to real soon, as I found a sho-shop 63mm TB that I want to try out. Then maybe a good chip package next spring... A buddy of mine just bought an S2000 and loves it. His brother is another local Intel guy who wanted something his wife and daughter could drive, so he traded in his manual Mini-Cooper for a new Mustang 6 automatic and is putting in an lsd, shift kit and supercharger. Yeah, it's a typical family car.
Posted By: SpoonDogSVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/26/05 12:15 AM
Saturday, Clackamas Town Center, noonish...

Should be there; just have no idea which is the SE side...

Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/26/05 05:24 AM
Yea...i kinda forget how to get to clackamas town center, remind me again please! lol. Yea i picked her up in Las Vegas, NV so that pic was on 95 all the way home most of the way.Noon works for me. Good time. I will bring the S2K. Also maybe we should meet and then find another spot to meet just in case of rain? Shelter?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/26/05 05:36 AM
Hey, we have some more takers!

The SE corner (or close to the SE corner anyway) is the first entrance off of Sunnyside when you get off of I-205. Head west on Sunnyside from the freeway, get in the right lane and turn right into the parking lot as soon as possible. It's gonna be the second signal after you cross the overpass over the freeway. Chevy's and Red Robin are across the street on the left just before you get to the entrance intersection. When you enter the parking lot, go to the first intersection, turn right, turn right as soon as possible again, and we'll be there. You should be able to see us as soon as you turn into the parking lot, if not from Sunnyside. If the weather's still lame then, there are a couple of multi-story parking structures nearby that we could move to.

Hopefully we'll get a break in the weather before then too, so I can wash the car.

Marty
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/26/05 05:41 AM
Vegas, eh? Nothin' like a thousand-some mile test drive!

Coming from the south, just take the Sunnyside exit from I-205. I'm not sure if it says "Clackamas Town Center" as well, but follow the signs to Sunnyside road. When you get off the freeway, I think the first intersection you come to is Sunnybrook -- Sunnyside is the next intersection where you'll turn left, cross the freeway, and pick up the directions in the previous post.

Marty
Posted By: GRN99SVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/26/05 06:42 PM
I'am in if I dont have to work
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/28/05 04:17 AM
ok now i remember where its at. Ill see whoever is going at noon! It looks like it should be alright for this weekend weather wise! Chat, lunch, chat,?? Sounds good to me.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/29/05 04:13 PM
I'm out for this one. I didn't end up coming down this weekend. Catch the next one hopefully!
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/29/05 05:53 PM
Hopefully see ya at the next one, Mike.

I'm leavin' for Clackamas TC in a few minutes. Anyone else?...

Marty
Posted By: SpoonDogSVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/30/05 03:45 AM
Sorry I couldn't make the meet guys; I had a server die on me at school, so that was my Saturday. How was it? Anybody get pics to share?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 10/31/05 01:59 AM
Well, it was pretty much a mini-meet. Just LuckySVT and myself showed up. I got there late, we waited a while longer and still nobody else came by, so we went to BK and got some food. There was a red pre-98 SE or something with factory alloy seven-spoke wheels parked in the same row we were in at Clackamas TC, but the owner never came back while we were there.

That's one sweet S2K, Toby! Hopefully we'll have at least a few more warm, sunny days this fall so you can drop the top before next spring. But if not, it's still a way-fun car!

Hopefully the next meet'll work out for everyone else! Oh, and sorry I didn't get any pictures, but here's my car and Toby's is pictured on the first page, so just pretend.

Marty
Posted By: SpoonDogSVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 11/01/05 03:55 AM
Awesome pic and car Marty! Again, sorry I missed out...
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 11/03/05 02:18 AM
hey its cool. We just need to get more people to come to the next one!
Posted By: auiotour Re: Meet. ASAP NW Oregon - 11/05/05 07:43 PM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:

Marty

lose the flowers and you could look like a fed car... Looks sick.
© CEG Archives