Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GRN99SVT Oregon meet? - 07/01/05 07:50 PM
Sorry I havent been on the board lately and missed the Washington meet.Thanks for inviting me.I bought my csvt a little over a year ago with 57,000 miles on it. It now has 70,000 miles and few months back I hit a big ass raccoon pushed in my fog light and last week my car poped out of gear and hit another car. So if us Oregon people don't have a meet soon I might not have a csvt thats in one piece.So I want to get the ball rolling. I am thinking of a bbq/potluck at large park Bush Park in Salem or Dallas City Park both very big. Please help get this going.
Chris
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? - 07/01/05 08:01 PM
I'll be in Portland this weekend...
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oregon meet? - 07/07/05 01:14 AM
Hey id be down. soon.
Posted By: oakuspocus Re: Oregon meet? - 07/07/05 02:39 AM
sorry to interrupt guys but i live in pa now but will be moving to oregon after i graduate next spring. i was wondering if you guys have emissions or anything. if so what kind of test do they do and how often? i need to decide on the turbo or supercharger, depending. thanks
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Oregon meet? - 07/07/05 04:12 AM
Originally posted by oakuspocus:
sorry to interrupt guys but i live in pa now but will be moving to oregon after i graduate next spring. i was wondering if you guys have emissions or anything. if so what kind of test do they do and how often? i need to decide on the turbo or supercharger, depending. thanks

It depends how much your mule farts.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? - 07/07/05 05:43 AM
Originally posted by oakuspocus:

Yes, there are emissions standards to adhere to. They're not as strict as Cali, but they're there.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Oregon meet? - 07/07/05 07:12 PM
oakuspocus, Oregon standards might not be a big deal generally, but you might research what testing and enforcement is in place depending on where you would specifically live. While there are exceptions, vehicles in the three counties around Portland OR are all generally subject to tailpipe and OBD tests/monitors, but I do not recall those being required a few years ago while I was living/working in Corvallis/Salem. DEQ runs the test stations close to Portland, and you should be able to find info on line. I expect to pass my next testing with a warmed up main cat. Where do you expect to be looking to live?

An Oregon Meet? Please not August 6-7, I'll be camping in the Sierras again.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Oregon meet? - 07/08/05 12:30 AM
Yamhill County doesnt have emissions.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oregon meet? - 07/08/05 05:18 AM
Eugene,OR. Emmissions aint a thing! Unless you get caught of course. Im runnin a straight exhuast out to the end on my GS-T.
Posted By: oakuspocus Re: Oregon meet? - 07/08/05 11:50 PM
thanks for your prompt feed back and info. so do you know anyone in the area with a turbo or know of anyone passing those tests with a turbo? i am thinking of dropping by arixona on the way out if you know what i mean.... by the way pdxsvt i will more than likely be living in the portland region. any recommendations.... not too city please ( i am a PA boy!)..... see my girl is a nurse so she will be getting a job at a hospital and me????? i am finally graduating though!!!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Oregon meet? - 07/09/05 12:32 AM
Anything really close to the Portland Metro area WILL be subject to testing by DEQ. Anything far enough outside Portland to avoid DEQ can turn into an unpleasant commute. And your car may pass with aftermarket forced induction anyway. Plenty of stock and modded WRXs pass, if that helps your peace of mind. If you have a main cat and no CELs, you're probably OK. But I know of NO turbo contiques in Portland.

At which hospital is she likely to be?

Mt. Hood Medical Center is pretty far in the eastern suburbs, while St. Vincent Hosp. is on the close edge of the western suburbs. Don't plan to live by one and have her drive to the other. Tuality is in Hillsboro and you could commute from a farm close to the coast range. If she goes to Meridian Park Hosp or Willamette Falls or Kaiser Sunnyside, that's far enough south or southeast that you can live past the S/SE suburbs to avoid DEQ that way. Meanwhile, if she's gonna be at Emanuel Hosp. or Providence Portland MC or Woodland Park, you may even look into living in Vancouver WA, I do NOT know if Washington State/Clark County does emissions testing like the Portland metro area does. OHSU and Good Samaritan are close to downtown street traffic. But realistically, anywhere you end up around here you'll be close to the coast, the gorge, the cascade range, windsurfing, downhill skiing, flyfishing, backpacking, mountain biking, etc. And yes, we get some non-stop light rain.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? - 07/09/05 07:56 AM
Vancouver WA / Clark County does in fact have emissions testing. Most of the time if your Check Engine light is off they don't even do a tailpipe emissions test. In Washington you cannot pass with your Check Engine light on, like most states.
Posted By: oakuspocus Re: Oregon meet? - 07/09/05 08:38 PM
thanks again for the info. i will pass the hospital stuff onto my girlfriend. i'm not sure about the turbo or not... although i have close to a year to figure it out.... this is something i want to plan well....

I don't mind the rain.. i like it! it is this darn humidity i can not stand!
Posted By: oakuspocus Re: Oregon meet? - 07/09/05 08:40 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:

At which hospital is she likely to be?

i will let you know when i know
Posted By: Ernie Re: Oregon meet? - 07/16/05 10:55 PM
Oregon meet? Name the time and place and I'll be there.

Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? - 07/17/05 05:15 AM
No kidding guys! How about July 30th? We could meet in Portland at that pizza place again.
Posted By: Ernie Re: Oregon meet? - 07/17/05 04:56 PM
I am out of town, in Virginia, until August 2nd.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? - 07/17/05 06:00 PM
Damn. I only said that because I'll be down in Portland that weekend. I'm busy on Sunday the 31st, but Saturday the 30th is completely open.

PDXSVT, Qbert, SleeperZ, GrooveNerd, LuckySVT...I'm calling you out! Lets get some Pizza and BEER on the 30th. Maybe even hit the late night drags at PIR. Everyone else is invited too!

Come on guys...it's the middle of the summer!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Oregon meet? - 07/17/05 11:17 PM
I should be around and available that weekend. So Mike, how would you and Chris like to hire on to yank/clean my UIMs then? Also have a CEL/misfire, and I'm not ready for Woodburn or PIR without getting these remedied.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Oregon meet? - 07/18/05 03:28 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
Damn. I only said that because I'll be down in Portland that weekend. I'm busy on Sunday the 31st, but Saturday the 30th is completely open.

PDXSVT, Qbert, SleeperZ, GrooveNerd, LuckySVT...I'm calling you out! Lets get some Pizza and BEER on the 30th. Maybe even hit the late night drags at PIR. Everyone else is invited too!

Come on guys...it's the middle of the summer!

See you there... This will be my first oregon meet. I will even clean my car this time around.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/18/05 07:24 PM
The American LeMans Series is in town at Portland Intern'tl Raceway that weekend also... but I don't know admission prices if anyone's interested.

But pizza and beer on 7/30/05 at BJ's at the I-5/Jantzen Beach/exit 306 (very close to PIR) STILL has my interest.

And Mike, I'm NOT kidding about my UIMs/CEL, I have to leave my car with my wife in 2 weeks while I go camping and I'd like it to behave well while I'm gone.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/18/05 07:29 PM
Hey all! I'm using a computer at a library in Minnesota right now, but that meet sounds good to me -- and I'll be back by then. I should be able to make it. I may not be able to check back here for a few days, as internet access has been hard to come by lately. Internet withdrawal sucks...

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/20/05 05:22 AM
Damn. If its gunna be the 30th of July i cant make it. I will actually be up north camping near Kent,WA and attending Hot Import Nights that sat. Man, i wanna meet up, havent been to a decent sized meet for a while. Post if you all are gunna meet someother time.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/20/05 06:08 AM
haha, i live up the hill from kent. less then a 2 minute drive.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/21/05 01:48 AM
Excellent. We'll call that a meet then.

PDX, get all the parts from Ford (don't forget the injector seals) and the FAQ together and I'll talk to Chris about doing that after the meet or something. I'll call him right now and get back to you when we actually talk. We can probably do it.

I imagine anyone that wants to watch will be welcome to come on by. That'll be up to Chris though...again, I'll get back.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/21/05 07:18 PM
So what's a good time for pizza at BJ's on 7/30/05? Is 11:30 am TOO early? Noon? I figure we want to meet early if there are wrench turning matters to tend to after that.

Does anyone need help finding that place?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Oregon meet? 7/30/05? - 07/22/05 06:31 PM
Noon sounds great. I'll be there.

The BJ's we are talking about is at Jantzen Beach next to the mall. Jantzen Beach Mall is on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, just over the I-5 bridge. There is an exit for it, clearly marked. If anyone is confused about it I'm sure we can come up with an adress.

Who else is coming?
Posted By: PDXSVT Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/22/05 08:08 PM
Mike, I will be there.

I want my CELs and UIMs cleaned up so we can try for another meet soon at Woodburn or PIR drags. I wanna see what the MSDS/quaife will do for a grocery-getter.

There were recent gripes on the nwceg yahoo group e-mails asking if the nwceg is dead. We've also had postings on this board about "let's have a meet down here" several times.

How about a few of the "why don't we ever have meets" people show up for this one????
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/22/05 09:31 PM
I will try to make it.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/23/05 08:22 AM
Outstanding
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/25/05 02:17 AM
I may also have one of my camping buddies show up with his awd eclipse, so I can get a ride home after dropping my svt off with Chris.

Autozone ran my CEL codes today of P1518, 0301, 0303 but nothing about an IMRC problem. About those two misfire codes, my plugs are not very old.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/25/05 02:31 PM
Must be the plug wires then PDX. Did we change those with the plugs? I can't remember. As far as your IMRC goes, you can see if the box is working by watching under the intake and reving it up. That doesn't mean they're actually opening as the cable could be frayed, as in the case of my car. Supposedly bicycle cable will fix this, although I haven't looked up the how-to.
I'll likely be driving my Malibu again. It's doing much better now after the 60K service. It's actually pretty peppy! Well, for a Malibu anyway. I can't complain though. It's been a good car so far.
Posted By: DDV Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/28/05 02:38 AM
Gimme a call when you're driving past, so I can toss you your spoon.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Oregon meet: 7/30/05 noon - 07/28/05 03:26 AM
Originally posted by DDV:
Gimme a call when you're driving past, so I can toss you your spoon.

<matrix> There is no spoon </matrix>
© CEG Archives