Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DDV June 25th FYI - 06/19/05 06:23 AM
Just did both a MapQuest and Yahoo Maps query. Both of them had me going around the "long way".

SO--if you're coming to Whidbey from the south, map the directions from your house to Mukilteo. Then, map the directions from Clinton (on the other end of the Mukilteo ferry) to Shotwell's address.

Estimated driving time from Clinton to Shotwell's is 1 hour 18 minutes, according to Yahoo Maps. So, to back track, we'd have to arrive in Clinton at 8:42 a.m. to arrive at Shotwell's at 10:00. In order to arrive in Clinton by 8:42 a.m., we'd have to catch the 8:00 a.m. Mukilteo ferry, which arrives in Clinton around 8:20. The ferry crossings take about 20 minutes and the ferry runs every 30 minutes:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedules/current/index.cfm?route=muk-cl

Summer schedule is on, so I think it's recommended that you arrive 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to the ferry departure, which means we'd have to meet at the ferry dock by no later than 7 a.m. Set your alarms accordingly! I'll be there.

Anyone who wants to catch the 8:00 ferry on Saturday morning, let me know; that's the one I'll be on. If you're catching the next ferry at 8:30, let me know and I'll wait for you in Clinton, so we can drive up to Shotwell's.

I know it's a lot of planning to account for, but "YOU CAN DO IT!!!"
Posted By: Beowulf Re: June 25th FYI - 06/19/05 06:40 AM
I dont even get up for work during the week until almost 8AM.

You are KILLING ME. I am still working on making it.
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: June 25th FYI - 06/19/05 06:31 PM
Looks like I will be driving around - That would be like 34 dollars for me and family to take the ferry.

And it is only like an hour and a half to the north end of the island from Everett.

If anyone else wants to drive around we could meet somewhere (Maybe the Arlington Rest area) and drive the rest of the way together.
Posted By: DDV Re: June 25th FYI - 06/20/05 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bugzuki:
If anyone else wants to drive around we could meet somewhere (Maybe the Arlington Rest area) and drive the rest of the way together.

I haven't gotten any other replies about riding the ferry, so I might be up to joining you for the drive up.

Maybe we could get the others to chime in about what they want to do?

aaron_soccer20
auiotour
Beowulf
Tropictour
tjbugs1
Groovenerd
anthonys_ford
PDXSVT
DJBabyGurl
LuckySVT
Anybody else?

Ferry or not?
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: June 25th FYI - 06/20/05 06:21 PM
I won't be making it up there, I just bought a house and I'll probably be painting the interior for the move in the next weekend.

But if Shotwell cancels the meet and anyone wants his/her car painted with an interior latex, here's your chance.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: June 25th FYI - 06/20/05 08:59 PM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
I won't be making it up there, I just bought a house and I'll probably be painting the interior for the move in the next weekend.

But if Shotwell cancels the meet and anyone wants his/her car painted with an interior latex, here's your chance.

Unless you live in Mukilteo, it is faster to drive around via the Deception Pass bridge. Even with no wait at the ferry docks (which there almost always is) it's faster. Also the price of the ferry is outrageous. It seems to get worse every year!

A great place to meet before the meet is at the Chevron next to I-5 at exit 230. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to get to my place from there, depending on traffic. If you're there by 9:00 you're certain to be here by 10:00. If we need to push back the meet time that's an option, but I don't want to be limited in what we can do after the BBQ. Grand Coulee Dam anyone?
Posted By: phlop Re: June 25th FYI - 06/21/05 02:18 AM
Well, I might go around as well, as I just dumped a butt load of money into getting a new water pump, exhaust, and thermostat.

Shot, can you please IM me your address, and also, is it 10:00 we are meeting?

I will have to leave pretty early..
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: June 25th FYI - 06/21/05 02:38 AM
Originally posted by phlop:
Well, I might go around as well, as I just dumped a butt load of money into getting a new water pump, exhaust, and thermostat.

Which is needed for the chuckanut...;)

Hey you should take it on the way down. I'm not sure how to "start" at the end, mike does, but it's a fun n scenic drive.
Posted By: DDV Re: June 25th FYI - 06/21/05 03:12 AM
Originally posted by phlop:

Shot, can you please IM me your address, and also, is it 10:00 we are meeting?

I will have to leave pretty early..

Actually, for you, since you're coming from B.C., it's easier, shorter, and faster to cut over on Hwy 20 from I-5, toward Deception Pass.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: June 25th FYI - 06/21/05 07:36 AM
Well unforchantly i wont be making this meet. My bday is the 21st and i will be havin a good time this weekend . Besides, i was just up in Redmond WA this weekend. Too many miles, ahh. next time.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: June 25th FYI - 06/22/05 12:42 AM
Just too darn far for me.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: June 25th FYI - 06/22/05 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Even with Nitrous
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: June 25th FYI - 06/24/05 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Even with Nitrous

Yes.
Posted By: auiotour Re: June 25th FYI - 06/24/05 09:37 PM
I am driving all the way there. Gonna leave at 8am tomorrow morning. So I will be there around 1030.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: June 25th FYI - 06/24/05 10:27 PM
Unfourtunately I can't make it, though I am in Seattle, Renton tonight and for the past 2 days. Im down here on tour, Im driving the bus.
Posted By: auiotour Re: June 25th FYI - 06/24/05 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Guntaker:
Unfourtunately I can't make it, though I am in Seattle, Renton tonight and for the past 2 days. Im down here on tour, Im driving the bus.

haha renton is gay its where tropictour lives... hmm you can go look at the silver svt tonight with me and my buddy. Get down with your damn tour. Seattle sucks unless your going to the strip clubs... which actually are pretty lame lol. no alcohol.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: June 25th FYI - 06/25/05 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Even with Nitrous

Yes.

LOL! It's funny that after all this time we've never met. We were just at PIR on different days I guess.

Guntaker, bring the tour bus out!
Posted By: tropictour Re: June 25th FYI - 06/25/05 04:22 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
Originally posted by Guntaker:

haha renton is gay its where tropictour lives... hmm you can go look at the silver svt tonight with me and my buddy. Get down with your damn tour. Seattle sucks unless your going to the strip clubs... which actually are pretty lame lol. no alcohol.

Hey Llane Id be back home down in San Antonio if it were up to me. But hey gotta do what you gotta do. I wont be able to make it though. Have fun everyone.
-tropictour
© CEG Archives