Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: phlop New Exhaust Today - 06/11/05 04:19 PM
Heading to Bothell, WA to get my new exhaust put on! YAY!
Tropictour is getting his on as well (my new one happens to be his ond one) lol

Anyways, I will post lots of pictures tonight!

Cant wait... its a bit upgrade for my little 96 lx
Posted By: DDV Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/12/05 01:18 PM
Well, both Phlop and Tropictour got first-hand experience at removing rounded-off nuts. The two nuts on Phlop's car had to be removed with a cold chisel! Luckily, I'd saved two nuts from my car, when I installed the headers a couple of weeks ago. They fit perfectly.

So now Phlop and Tropictour both have new exhausts (Phlop has Tropictour's SVT exhaust, and Tropictour has a Bassani exhaust). Both sound pretty nice!

Even with having to chisel off the nuts, the job didn't take too long.
Posted By: tropictour Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/12/05 03:13 PM
Yeah that chisel worked pretty good. I was surprised at how easy it cut through. I hope Regan enjoys the new catback, I know I am.
-tropictour
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/12/05 07:59 PM
Do you have any plans for your stock exhaust? I'm looking for some.
Posted By: tropictour Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/12/05 10:00 PM
Sorry Phlop already has it installed.
-tropictour
Posted By: Beowulf Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/13/05 06:22 PM
So you let them play with the nuts that dropped? That was very nice of you.
Posted By: DDV Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/14/05 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
So you let them play with the nuts that dropped?

NO--those nuts weren't the ones I dropped!

Hey, are you gonna make it to the bbq on Whidbey on the 25th? I hope you can make it.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/14/05 08:01 PM
Originally posted by DDV:
Originally posted by Beowulf:
So you let them play with the nuts that dropped?

NO--those nuts weren't the ones I dropped!

Hey, are you gonna make it to the bbq on Whidbey on the 25th? I hope you can make it.

hehe.

I am trying, but I don't know if I can yet. I am many K over when I should have last changed my oil and I have been a little low on cash lately. I want to go, but it may be something I dont know until the Friday before.

I am trying though.
Posted By: auiotour Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/15/05 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 95Mike:
Do you have any plans for your stock exhaust? I'm looking for some.

Hey Mike whats wrong with your stock exhaust. Your not trying to get rid of your current setup are you?

Might have to say I will swap yea.
Posted By: phlop Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/15/05 10:58 PM
The only one with a stock exhaust is me! And its off of a 96 LX.

;-)
Posted By: DDV Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/16/05 02:46 AM
Originally posted by phlop:
The only one with a stock exhaust is me! And its off of a 96 LX.

Ahhm, but you forgot to mention that IT'S IN PIECES! It was fun cutting that thing up!

So did you guys make it back okay? Have you posted the pics yet?
Posted By: Beowulf Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/17/05 05:32 AM
I am all stock.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/18/05 01:45 AM
Hey Mike whats wrong with your stock exhaust. Your not trying to get rid of your current setup are you?

Might have to say I will swap yea.

I don't think you want this one. I sold my svt so the only contour I have left is my wife's se sport v6. The exhaust was installed shortly before we bought it by the previous owner and it is crush bent, jc whitney pieced together piece of crap lookin' thing. The muffler is is toast after the 50k we put on it and sounds like a flippin' civic with a can out the back. Coupled with our atx torque converter problem, I'm about to drive it off a cliff.

Anyway, we close on our house next week and will be getting rid of some stuff so I'll look through my parts bin and see what I can get rid of. I think I have a box of brand new rear svt pads (napa lifetime warranty ones) that I'll be ditching (for free if anyone local needs them). Maybe there's some things you can use. Anybody need stock e36 325is exhaust (free) ?
Posted By: auiotour Re: New Exhaust Today - 06/18/05 01:12 PM
My car has a major break squeel problem... Sucks bad

Glad to hear about the house. Bet you guys are pretty damn excited. I myself won't be making that jump for about 1.5-2yrs. I am paying everything off then making the jump.

So I need an address to this party. Its 1 week till the day. ANd I have no address. I am gonna get lost looking for this place.
© CEG Archives