Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/01/05 06:02 PM
Hey guys, how's it going? Figured I'd check in again to see if anything good was going on. Seems like there are quite a few new people in the NW. Anyway, figured I'd post my new email address incase any of you wanted to get in touch with me for any reason. It is:

rob@(removeeeeeeee)limitedslip.net

I have a couple leftovers I found in the garage yesterday if anyone is interested. I have a rear TRed SVT bumper without rear grill and slightly cracked (hardly noticable). It has a few blemishes, but would be a great addition to anyone with a standard contour. Give me an offer, I'll make someone a pretty good deal on it.

I also have some Magnecore wires laying around for a V6. I bought them from ShaunG a long time ago, never used them. I believe they had something like 20K or less on them when I got them from him. I'm thinking something like $50 for them. They are in perfect condition.

Figured I'd let some of the NW people have a shot at these first. Shoot me an email if you're interested.

DDV may be interested in the Magnacores. David get those wires.
-tropictour
Posted By: DDV Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/02/05 01:48 AM
E-mail sent.

Phlop would probably be interested in your T-Red bumper.

Posted By: phlop Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/02/05 04:05 AM
Email sent for the Bumper. This is exciting.
Just sent you guys some emails about it. DDV, I can't read yours for some reason. I'll take some photos tonight of them.
hey phlop... i need that bumper more then u do haha
Posted By: DDV Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/02/05 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Qbert:
DDV, I can't read yours for some reason.

I'll send you an e-mail from work.

Regards,
DDV
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/02/05 04:08 PM
Hey, Qbert, list your Focus in your signature. Any new mods on it? You up for a meet soon?
DOH! Didn't even think about changing the signature. No new mods to it this month, well not right now anyway. Getting rid of these parts will help me get my Cosworth header and a new 2.5" exhaust. Yep you heard right COSWORTH... If only Cosworth would have gotten their hands on a CSVT. Those two mods should put me at about 160+whp and 160+wtq, not bad for a little 2500lbs car with just bolt ons.

I'd be up for getting together with some of you guys for a while. Here's a little eye candy...can't resist showing her off:

Not much to look at, but she goes pretty good for a Focus.

Here's a couple of pics of some of the Cosworth goodies available for the Duratec Foci:

And the dyno: This is with stage 1 and stage 2 Cosworth upgrades installed. Stage 1 includes, intake, intake manifold, and a computer flash. Stage 2 includes cams, header, throttle body, and another reflash. Price tag for each is $1195, so for $2400 this is what a lot of people are doing. I'm not going to go the entire Cosworth route due to the lack of torque caused by the intake manifold, but damn is it nice looking! These numbers are with a stock exhaust system I believe. Enjoy!

Posted By: phlop Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/02/05 08:47 PM
Anthony, your car is not T-red.... I win!
Focus looks good with the E1's.
-tropictour
Originally posted by phlop:
Anthony, your car is not T-red.... I win!

im gonna paint my car anyways so it doesnt matter haha i win... j/k its koo tho
Posted By: DDV Re: Hey guys! Few leftovers SVT bumper, wires - 05/03/05 04:38 PM
Originally posted by anthonys_ford:

You can always get phlop's old bumper!
Hey Rob.. I saw you at PIR on Friday.. but you looked busy... Did you see me?
I didn't see you. You should have come by, I'm never too busy. Just hanging out with one of my friends from Eugene with their E30 325 with a E36 motor swap. How are you doing?
Hey shaunG whats goin on? hows the VW? Hey Rob, when is the next autoX?
Not so good... There was a light rain at about 11 that day and I ended up sliding off the track in turn 7. I hit a concret embankment going backwards and at a diagonal. I did huge amount of damage but..I don't think the M Coupe is totaled. That's what I get for doing all my driving schools in a front wheel drive car.

On a good note.. I was chasing down a 300HP evo in the session before that....

Oh, sorry Lucky. I sold the VW and got an M Coupe about 7 months ago... It's a awesome car and handle so well..except in the rain...
Deng! That sucks! hopefully wont cost to much to fix! You should come to the next meet whenever there is one. I wanna see the coupe. I will be bringing my DSM.
Originally posted by DDV:
Originally posted by anthonys_ford:

You can always get phlop's old bumper!

wow i didnt even think of that... so how bout it phlop, if u get the svt bumper let me buy ur old one haha
Wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that Shaun. Hopefully they put her all back together again soon without too much damage to the wallet.

I think it is funny, it almost isn't contour get togethers anymore, it is, Contour, Focus, BMW, DSM, etc. get togethers.

Next autox in Eugene is in June, I'm going to run one here in Portland later this month. I was top time of day on Sunday in Eugene last event! It was pouring rain and the high horse power rear drivers couldn't put any of it to the ground.
I remember that rob, i checked out the autox sunday with a hangover . But thts awsome! I was like whoa! Thats rob with that time, niceee. Anyways hopefully there will be a meet soon so we all can meet up and [censored]. Till then, lata.
Holy crap! I almost thought it was 2003 again. We got Qbert, Shaun G., LuckySVT, PDXSVT, and now me all posting in the Northwest forums again. If we could just get Sadeeq to post it would be a full fledged reunion. Anyway, I'm glad to read that you are all still doing okay. It would be kinda cool if we could get a large meet together for the Northwest this summer. Take it easy guys & I hope to still see posts from you every once in a while.
WOW! This thread is sort of a flashback! Where's 1slo30?

I'll try to make any meet scheduled this summer.

What about Lance?
Hey dont forget about Marty!(GrooveNerd) YEa we need to plan a meet this summer, a coast meet again to make it like the old times. Once this rain goes away...summers almost here! YEah!
Sure mention Sadeeq and I get all depressed thinking about his SVT getting smashed.
That was really sad. I'm still a little foggy on the "how" part, but you know. It was probably the cleanest SVT in the NW!
Posted By: PDXSVT SVT parts...Meet dates??? - 05/08/05 03:59 PM
While another drive to the coast sounds like fun, why not 2 or 3 meets around here? Between a coast run, Woodburn drags, Portland Intl Raceway track days, a Mt. St. Helens run, autoX days, how about some dates get proposed? Marty listed some PIR track day dates. So Qbert/Lucky, when are some of those autoX dates/locations?
© CEG Archives