Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: tjbugs1 next meet - 04/28/05 08:07 PM
Hey long time no post

I was just thinking maby for your next meet we could also have a football game or something on that line. What do you guys think?
Posted By: phlop Re: next meet - 04/28/05 08:49 PM
I think the next meet I drive down from BC, there should be more people!

It was wicked meeting you Davit and Tropic and Anthony, but more bang for my money (gas) would be awesome! hehehe

Give me a date, and I will be there.
Football is cool. So are monster trucks. lol
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 04/29/05 04:25 AM
i would love to make a meet again, both times i went last year, only me and one other showed up so i'd like to meet up with alot of people again, i had problems last weekend which caused me to be out... sorry guys...

anyway, i like the football idea, who else is interested?
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 04/29/05 01:28 PM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Hey long time no post

No kidding! Did you get your car running again?

Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
i had problems last weekend which caused me to be out... sorry guys...

We wondered what happened to you. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Next meet: I'll be the photographer at the football game.
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 04/29/05 06:53 PM
serpentine belt went bye bye, and had to get replaced right after the alternator just got fixed saturday morning... so i ended up carpooling with a friend to my game, and they were coming straight back and i had no other way back plus didnt even have the contour going then like i expected. but now i just got 2 new tires put on (both front tires) since you could see the metal on the right tire!! everything is looking good now and i'm ready for the next meet!
Posted By: DJBabyGurl Re: next meet - 04/29/05 09:22 PM
Hi guys I'm new to this....Would love to meet you all..I am available on Saturday's and Sunday's...Give me a time and place and I will be there...I live in Kirkland so a Seattle one would be great...
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 04/29/05 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DDV:

No kidding! Did you get your car running again?

It's most of the way, I'm having to sue the shop that did the
Work because it's leaking oil from the rear main seal, and they refuse to even take my calls now.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 04/30/05 01:53 AM
I was thinking of coming down to autocross with tropictour at Packwood on the 14th. He'll have to tell me the basics and rules
:hinthint tropic:
Hi DJ, welcome to the Northwest contour group.
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 04/30/05 04:58 AM
Originally posted by DJBabyGurl:
Hi guys I'm new to this....Would love to meet you all..I am available on Saturday's and Sunday's...Give me a time and place and I will be there...I live in Kirkland so a Seattle one would be great...

Sorry you missed out on the last meet; we'll have to catch up on the next one.

Welcome to the NW group. Be sure to check out the pictures on phlop's website. You can also see anyone's profile by going to the CEG main page and clicking on "Registry" and then search by their profile name.

Since your Contour is silver, is it an SVT?

DDV
(just north of you in Bothell)
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 04/30/05 07:41 AM
Welcome to the northwest group, like everyone else said, should come out to the next meet.
(everett, north of bothell)
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: next meet - 04/30/05 08:34 AM
Welcome to CEG, DJBabyGurl! What kinda music do you play? I haven't been to a party in Seattle since Apex, the last party at NAF 2-3 years ago. How sad is that?! Well, I did make it up there for Kraftwerk a year or so ago, but that was "just" a concert. I need to get up there again...

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your car!

Marty
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: next meet - 04/30/05 03:09 PM
If a meet is going to be planned it should be planned for some time in advance so that people can plan for it. I know it is hard to plan for sunshine. But if I knew in advance I would have more chance of making it. I am in Monroe. Hopefully I can get my car together soon.
Posted By: Troy00690 Re: next meet - 04/30/05 03:53 PM
I should be able to make it to the next meet. I am still Out of work so I am free anytime.

I would like to check out some Northwest SVT's.

Troy
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 04/30/05 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Bugzuki:
I am in Monroe. Hopefully I can get my car together soon.

i lived out in monroe for 18 years, do you have a svt or what?
Posted By: DJBabyGurl Re: next meet - 04/30/05 08:44 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome....My car is not an SVT (I wish!). No mods to it but I'm thinking of keeping it and making a project of it,maybe I can get some ideas from you guys ...I'm having issues with it right now (keeps stalling on me).....Anyways, Hope to meet all of you soon..
Posted By: DJBabyGurl Re: next meet - 04/30/05 09:22 PM
Well I play mostly Hip Hop, R&B, and old school hip hop, I also run Karaoke on Mon and Wed. It's fun, I get to meet lots of different people. And I get paid to party...LOL....You should come out this way sometime soon.
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 04/30/05 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DJBabyGurl:
Thanks guys for the warm welcome....My car is not an SVT (I wish!). No mods to it but I'm thinking of keeping it and making a project of it,maybe I can get some ideas from you guys ...I'm having issues with it right now (keeps stalling on me).....Anyways, Hope to meet all of you soon..

Probably your fuel pump or you may try the fuel filter or the IAC first. Welcome.
-tropictour
Posted By: DJBabyGurl Re: next meet - 04/30/05 11:41 PM
Thanks for the Tip I'll have to have someone come over and take a look at it....:)
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: next meet - 05/01/05 08:32 AM
welcome regina.... yea i like just got my car last year. its pretty much stock rite now on 17's. u live in kirkland, i was just up at kenmore lanes last week wit some friends from kirkland. but neways, we should have a better turn out for the next meet then my first (4 cars total), but it was koo.
Posted By: phlop Re: next meet - 05/01/05 07:10 PM
Welcome Gurl, ;-)

Cant wait to meet you. I spin hard house, dnb, and a little bit of ambient / chill house. Would like to hear some of your music sometime.

Lets see some pics of your baby.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 05/03/05 05:31 AM
I was looking at some past NW meets and had ideas, how about breakfast at a pancake place and a cruise to a nice area/parking lot.

Throw out some ideas.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: next meet - 05/03/05 05:58 AM
Welcome! im sure you will find everyone on here to be very friendly, carsmart, and willing to lend a helping hand. Hope you enjoy the site.

P.s. You wouldnt be interested in an SVT would you?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 05/05/05 01:52 AM
I'm planning on attending the May 20 Mission Raceway Park street legal drag races.I'm not sure if I'm racing yet but being a spectator is always fun too.

Gates open at 4:30 pm, racing starts at 5:30pm and ends at approx. 11:00pm (weather permitting).
Spectator admission - $5.00
Racer admission-$25.00 (includes car & driver)
Children 12 and under always FREE with an adult
parking always FREE
Please note that tech cards will be sold from 5:00pm until dark, or 7:30pm (there is a 225 maximum count on race car entries).
No spectators are permitted to park in the Pitt area

Directions

Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 05/18/05 10:35 PM
So it looks like we have 4-5 people that are in. How about June 4th? That way we all have time to clear the day. I was also thinking lets make it a BBQ at the same time, what do you guys and GALS think?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 05/19/05 01:14 AM
I could see June 4th happening. Where would we meet?
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 05/19/05 01:49 AM
tjbugs1 house! Sounds like he wants to BBQ. I wish I had my smoker up here, then I could show you NW'ers some real Texas BBQ. June 4th sounds good though we just need to figure out a meeting spot. Are there any parks that allow grills and such?
-tropictour
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: next meet - 05/19/05 04:15 AM
I would be down for a meet around then. Hmmm.

Hey Marty, would you be down to cruise up there together?
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 05/19/05 03:35 PM
June 4th: No can do; I'll be outa town.
Posted By: phlop Re: next meet - 05/19/05 11:33 PM
June 4th? My birthday! I will be out of town also in the morning. Perhaps... June 5th?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 05/20/05 12:24 AM
Have my relatives around for amonth so any date is feasible but don't know till the day before then.
Posted By: DJBabyGurl Re: next meet - 05/20/05 07:56 PM
I'll be in Montana at that time. Maybe next time.....
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 05/20/05 08:58 PM
If June 4th is no good we can do it on the 5th or the 11th? We can have it at my house if you guys want and there are some real nice parks that we can go to also.

Posted By: Beowulf Re: next meet - 05/21/05 06:21 AM
If June 4th is no good we can do it on the 5th or the 11th? We can have it at my house if you guys want and there are some real nice parks that we can go to also.

My birthday is the weekend of the 11th, I will have friends in town. The weekend before is when we are having my son's b-day party.
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: next meet - 05/24/05 03:53 PM
i cant make it either cuz im gonna be in canada with some friends
Posted By: phlop Re: next meet - 05/26/05 12:28 AM
Well, final news for my Sisters Graduation. I am flying to Toronto on the 2nd, wont be back until the 5th.

So it looks like I wont be able to meet with you guys this time.

Have a great time though.
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: next meet - 05/26/05 03:45 AM
So is there a firm plan to get together some time? If so were and when? So I can see if I can make it, I just got my car back together.

Are kids welcome to the meets, or what is the usual atmosphere like when you guys get together?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 05/26/05 03:21 PM
My last one (and only) was with Aaron_soccer and shotwell, and the latter brought his 3? little ones. If was fun for them cause they played on aarons Video game console built in his centre console.

Perhaps a meet at a nice park or beach. Where you'd get a good photo op and place for them to play. There's plenty in Van City but the next meet should be in WA.

Are there any good parks or beaches in/around Seattle that can do that?
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: next meet - 05/26/05 07:27 PM
There is west beach. It is on Whedbey Island. The park has a very nice large ocean front with a lake and some nice hiking trail. There are picnic areas and restroom facilities. Decent swimming and fishing (either saltwater or freshwater for both). There are volleyball nets (use to be at least) and some room for other activities.

It is a little out of the way but a nice drive.

A saturday would be nice.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 05/27/05 12:56 AM
West Beach is about 5 miles away from me. It is a really nice place to go. Fort Ebey is just south of me in Coupeville, another great place. I went mountain biking there a couple of years ago. Beautiful scenery. Lots of hiking trails at each.

Sadly I can't make June 11th or 18th meets as I'll be out of town both weekends. I could possibly do June 4th, or the 25th.

I brought my three kids for the last meet I attended. It's all good.

If we do end up meeting somewhere on Whidbey Island, I have a really good idea for a photo op. As many Contours as we can muster going across the Deception Pass bridge, photographed from above of course. That would be one of the desktop!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 05/27/05 04:36 AM
I remember when my brothers climbed the huge cliff beside it. I don't know how they didn't die.

Is there a mountain or something that is above the bridge that'll allow such a shot?

Maybe where this guy is
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 05/27/05 05:18 AM
There's lots of places you can shoot from. The guy in that pic is a bit far out, but you got the point.
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 05/27/05 11:02 AM
The end of June works for me. My nephew will be spending the summer with my sister and I so he will be riding shotgun.
-tropictour
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 05/27/05 01:26 PM
End of June works for me too.

Heck, Tropictour--bring your sister too! Especially if she hasn't been to Deception Pass.
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 05/27/05 11:10 PM
end of june sounds good also
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 05/28/05 02:14 AM
So June 25 is the new date if everyone likes, as it looks like we all do. Are we still talking BBQ, and if so are their places on Whidbey Island that we can do that at?

mmmmmmmm....BBQ
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: next meet - 05/29/05 02:18 AM
I will be there with my wife and kids. We will try to get there in the morning to get a good parking spot and stuff. The parking lot fills up. We should plan on meeting at the ocean part of the park.

We are planning on West Beach right?

Does anyone want to meet somewhere and caravan up together?

Is someone bringing a BBQ grill?

It is a state park so there is a parking fee.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 05/30/05 06:36 PM
I think a June 25th BBQ on Whidbey Island would be great! As far as the specific location, let me do some research. I'm not sure if BBQing is allowed at some of the locations. Worst case we could BBQ at my house after the meet, or just have the meet here and drive wherever afterword. I have a large place outside of town with enough parking for everyone.

How many people are we talking? I don't have a BBQ grill, so someone would have to bring one. Two would even be better.

I have six kids living in my house. The more the merrier! Lots of room for them to play. I have almost two acres.

Let me get back to you guys.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/01/05 12:00 AM
This sounds the best so far
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: next meet - 06/01/05 04:57 AM
I might be down, as long as its not too far outta the way for me.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: next meet - 06/01/05 11:04 AM
Not sure what's going on then, yet, but I might be able to come up as well.

Marty
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: next meet - 06/02/05 04:59 AM
i'll see if i could make it, how far is Whidbey Island from Tacoma? just say when and where and ill try to make it
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/04/05 01:24 AM
Apparently you can BBQ at any of the local sites here on the island, even if the burn ban is in effect, as long as they are in an enclosed BBQ grill. SO...we can either do it at a park or my house. I'll leave it up to you guys, but if it's going to be here I need to know well in advance so I can get stuff prepared. Let me know what you think!

Mike
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 06/04/05 07:05 AM
if you guys can figure out the date and time, hopfully 2 weeks advance if possible, i will be there for sure this time.

aaron
Posted By: Beowulf Re: next meet - 06/04/05 04:58 PM
The 25th might work for me...
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/04/05 07:53 PM
OK, lets call it the 25th then, for sure. Can everyone else make it that weekend?
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/04/05 11:20 PM
I am down for the 25 for sure
Posted By: Bugzuki Re: next meet - 06/05/05 01:28 AM
I am set to go on the 25th.

What time do we want to meet out there?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/05/05 02:37 AM
Any time is fine with me. I was thinking around 10:00am to meet, maybe noon. I'd say it's a good plan to meet earlier so that the afternoon / evening is more flexible. That could be a fun run, working on cars, etc. If anyone wants to do a fog light mod or a DMD install, it shouldn't be a problem. I have a large enough garage and tools to play

Are we meeting at my house for a BBQ or at one of the parks? In any case I don't currently have a BBQ, so either I'll have to source it or one of you can bring one. It would probably be good to have two, depending on how many people come.

I think the Deception Pass photo would be cool too. That's only about 15-20 minutes from my house.

As soon as we get some of these details ironed out I'll start a new post.
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: next meet - 06/05/05 03:33 AM
count me in on thre 25th
Posted By: Beowulf Re: next meet - 06/05/05 08:15 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
Any time is fine with me. I was thinking around 10:00am to meet, maybe noon. I'd say it's a good plan to meet earlier so that the afternoon / evening is more flexible. That could be a fun run, working on cars, etc. If anyone wants to do a fog light mod or a DMD install, it shouldn't be a problem. I have a large enough garage and tools to play

Are we meeting at my house for a BBQ or at one of the parks? In any case I don't currently have a BBQ, so either I'll have to source it or one of you can bring one. It would probably be good to have two, depending on how many people come.

I think the Deception Pass photo would be cool too. That's only about 15-20 minutes from my house.

As soon as we get some of these details ironed out I'll start a new post.

If only I could fit my grill in my car.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/05/05 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
If only I could fit my grill in my car.

Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/05/05 11:18 PM
Right. I can get a BBQ grill or two locally. No worries.

Where should we meet?
shotwell's house
Whidbey Island state park
somewhere else

I have to know guys. I need to start making plans now either way.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 06/06/05 03:05 AM
...plan being that we'd meet at your house or the park then drive to the park right away, finishing the afternoon/evening with the BBQ?
Or BBQ for lunch then drive, or if we meet at the park, take shots then a cruise?
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/06/05 10:52 PM
I think pics then BBQ then drive, anyone else?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/08/05 01:33 AM
I think pics then BBQ then drive, anyone else?

The only problem with that is where to meet. Some people will be coming from the south via Clinton / Mukilteo ferry.

I would suggest that we meet at my place, BBQ, then drive. We'll do photo ops on the way to wherever we go. We could even take a run down Chuckanut Drive...it's not that far from here.

Whatcha think about that?
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/08/05 09:00 PM
sounds good to me
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 06/09/05 07:05 AM
yup
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 06/09/05 07:04 PM
I would suggest that we meet at my place, BBQ, then drive. We'll do photo ops on the way to wherever we go. We could even take a run down Chuckanut Drive...it's not that far from here.

Whatcha think about that?

I think that's a mighty fine idea. Just didn't want to put you out of your way. PM me to let me know what you want me to bring to the bbq besides home-made potato salad.

And, I would be one of those heading across on the Mukilteo Ferry.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: next meet - 06/09/05 09:45 PM
I will be on the Mukilteo Ferry as well, let me know what I can bring as well. I was thinking I could do burgers, dogs, and buns. I will need to know how much to get, so lets get a count started.

1. Tyson (tjbugs1)
2. Bonnie (tjbugs1 better half)
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 06/09/05 10:03 PM
I really want to make this meet but the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Arturo Gatti fight is the 25th. I may be able to come for a little while depending on what time everyone plans to meet up. I also would be able to bring some food.
-tropictour
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: next meet - 06/10/05 08:24 AM
Schweet!!

I'll plan to have lots of people over and adjust as necessary. The more the merrier! Bring your friends!

We'll talk about what food and drink to bring later on. I forsee steaks...mmmmmm...and YES I am a northwest beer snob so there will be good beer available Bring your favorite of course.

You guys think I should start a new post to get everyone's attention?
Posted By: phlop Re: next meet - 06/10/05 05:35 PM
I am going to drive down from Vancouver BC with my girlfriend, and possible a buddy of mine.

What day is it for sure? I am having a hard time finding it in the post. Also, just let me know what to bring!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 06/11/05 02:01 AM

Affirmative. Also PM some other NWerners cause I guess some of them don't frequent the branches often. Like where's Wijn, aaron, guntaker, kerry, skeeter, Lance, llane, SVTwa, 1slo30, sadeeq?

I'll see if some focus guys would like to join too.
Posted By: Troy00690 Re: next meet - 06/11/05 04:25 PM
I may be able to make it. depends on how the Tour is runing.

Troy
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: next meet - 06/11/05 06:02 PM
Hey, Mike, I wish I could make it up there. You'll have a good shot at a sunny day for a drive, sounds like it will be great. But my house deal is going through soon and weekends are about house prep and moving issues.
Posted By: auiotour Re: next meet - 06/15/05 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Affirmative. Also PM some other NWerners cause I guess some of them don't frequent the branches often. Like where's Wijn, aaron, guntaker, kerry, skeeter, Lance, llane, SVTwa, 1slo30, sadeeq?

Called Guntaker(Adrain)
Llane (called him)
1slo30 (believe he is outta the us still
sadeeq (not sure haven't talk to him in forever)

As for the new members. WOW. Lots of new members have signed up in this area. I am suprised. Sorry everyone I have been extremely busy and my schedule doesn't permit much free time. I am gonna try to be on more often.. Probably not as often as before but every few days...

Thanks David for emailing me about the meet. And ohh yes, you better be there I want to hear your car!
Posted By: Beowulf Re: next meet - 06/15/05 04:47 PM
HEY LLANE!

Nice to see you around.
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 06/16/05 12:45 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
And ohh yes, you better be there I want to hear your car!

It sounds awesome Llane.
-tropictour
Posted By: DDV Re: next meet - 06/16/05 02:43 AM
Originally posted by tropictour:
It sounds awesome Llane.
-tropictour

Yours sounds awesome too! I still think mine's a little too loud. But I don't want to sound like I'm old or anything!
Posted By: tropictour Re: next meet - 06/16/05 11:57 AM
OLD FART! j/k
It sounds good but I cant wait to get a set of headers and y-pipe under there.
-tropictour
Posted By: auiotour Re: next meet - 06/16/05 04:01 PM
I am working on paying off both cars, and my new found laptop! Then I will be dropping some money into my car. Anyone wanna buy a 99 se sport with 64k on it? PLEASE? I owe $3750 but would let it go for $3000! Phlop, you want a nice contour. It just has bent shifter forks. Easy to fix, about $300 or so.
Posted By: anthonys_ford Re: next meet - 06/17/05 09:20 AM
so where and when are we going to meet up? like can someone post up an address or something
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: next meet - 06/17/05 02:46 PM
There's a new thread on it. He hasn't posted an addy, so PM shotwell.
© CEG Archives