Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus NW Meet? - 03/03/05 05:27 AM
Revscene.net spring meet (zing). Last year some 300+ cars including imports, euro, american, bikes, vintage(sport car) came.
Prizes and cruise (no doubt) with Vancouver's Finest (who drive a Mini and SIR).
Date: March 13, 2005 (Sunday)
Location: Spanish Banks, Farthest Parking Lot (the largest one)
Time: 1pm - 3/3:30pm

Any interest? Spanish Banks is close to the University of BC (UBC). Right on the coast. On page 4 you can see a map of the area.

Check out the thread
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/03/05 09:07 PM
IM THERE.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/03/05 09:32 PM
I can do that....

Dan
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/03/05 10:11 PM
Here is some more information: Copy and paste.

Right now i put my name on the list... There is 130 cars reg'd.

Also there will be a cruise afterwards!!! The route is to be determined, but it should be a fun one!

You remember last years event, that was insane! Cars lined up end to end spanning the largest parking lot at spanish banks! Well, expect RS to top ourselves yet again... Slap the 18"s back on, and come down to the meet n greet to introduce yourselves. Like every Revscene.net Event, expect to have a great time and lots of fun. You can finally put a face to the names...

Last Years car count: 320+ cars... I know we can top that!

There will be Prizes to be won...

There will be a Cruise afterwards...

===================================

ETIQUETTE FOR OFFICIAL REVscene.net EVENTS (courtesy of RS PR Sector)

MEETS

� Please park your vehicle in a manner that is considerate to others.
� When meeting outside of your vehicles, try not to stand in the way of other traffic.
� Pick up after yourself and don�t leave a mess.
ââ?¬Â¢ If you do not wish to have your photo taken by other members and possibly having these photos posted on the ââ?¬Ë?net, please park away from the group.

CRUISES

� When traveling in large convoys, you are responsible for the person behind you. If others behind you become separated at a stop light, please make an effort to pull over in a safe place to wait for the convoy to catch up. Please do not disrupt traffic by stopping in a traffic lane.
� FRS (Family Radio Service) radios are invaluable for broadcasting directions to a convoy. The official REVscene.net channel is 12 sub 5.

DISCLAIMER
REVscene.net discourages street-racing and dangerous driving. However, members are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

-added by jACE GTS
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/04/05 07:52 AM
BTW Cris'pus did you get my PM?? heh I sent it this afteroon
Posted By: ODC Re: NW Meet? - 03/04/05 07:54 PM
I still can't lower myself to end up in a revscene meet.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/04/05 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ODC:
I still can't lower myself to end up in a revscene meet.

Not coming?.. why not.
Posted By: ODC Re: NW Meet? - 03/05/05 12:13 AM
I don't have a very high regard for the majority of revsceners.

I'd lose it after seeing all the mommy and daddy financed M3's, Benz's, s2k's, infiniti's, all that bs with those mods those fobs didn't pay for.

Besides, I fight would probably break out between some of the other posters and me
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/05/05 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Guntaker:
BTW Cris'pus did you get my PM?? heh I sent it this afteroon

No.

I think ODC can't lower himself to be seen in Ford still. C'mon! You'll have other SVT's there. You like putting to shame bad posters, so put to shame the guys who keep slagging you, you have no other way to do it (unless you slap a S/Cer or Turbo, but then you'll still have RS to see it )

Just come, you'll get more appreciation than any bling bling Honda or Daddy's Benz.

Any Amuricans coming up?
Posted By: tropictour Re: NW Meet? - 03/05/05 03:27 AM
I was gonna make the drive but I am going home to Houston that weekend. I think we are trying to get another meet together so stay tuned.
-tropictour
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/07/05 03:47 PM
I would rather just meet with other SVT owners....I have no desire to see any of the cars at the rEvscene meet...why don't we meet at Kit's beach, and those that want can also visit the meet at Spanish Banks?

dan
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: NW Meet? - 03/07/05 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
I would rather just meet with other SVT owners....

I see how it is,
us regulaur Contour owners aren't special enough to be invited to your little meet.

j/k
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/07/05 09:22 PM
just being brief....of course I mean everyone!
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/07/05 09:31 PM
Yeah that sounds good too.
Know if we get a group of contours we could have a little section at the revscene meet. With the limited number of domestics there.

Right now, I have another friend from Richmond that is going to join me with his RSX. Were gonna detail our cars at Volvo of Richmond in the Automall before the meet.

So whos going on Sunday.
1. Cris'pus
2. Guntaker
3. DanCanuck

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 06:24 AM
Yeah it would be nice to meet only Contique owners. Only thing is that there is harly enough for people to justify it.
This meet is early, and thought since there'd be more later in the year, when there's nice sunshine, then I'm sure more would come out.

This way people from far far away land might come out to see some SVT's and many import and european cars for a nice enthusiast gathering. I can't meet any earlier for Kits or something, but that's a good idea when there is more available to come. I hope you can make it even if it's for just an hour, and anyone like phlop or vancitykitty (let's get some Cougars too, why not)
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 06:38 AM
this sunday? where at exactly, i'm up for the idea of meeting up, so add me to the maybe list, if i can get more info where these places are.

thanks

aaron
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 06:45 AM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
this sunday? where at exactly, i'm up for the idea of meeting up, so add me to the maybe list, if i can get more info where these places are.

thanks

aaron

Hi Aaron, Yeah it's this Sunday the 13th. The official meet location is at Spanish Banks (up Northwest Marine Drive) near UBC.

Here is a picture I took from the site that shows a route that people pre-meeting at Langara will take. I hope this helps, and I hope to see you there!

Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 07:19 AM
Map from Seattle
If that doesn't work. Just type in NW Marine Dr.
Follow it till you see the parking lot full of cars.
Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 07:49 AM
Hey all,
Well, I think I will drive down.. its only abou 20 mins from me, and I would like to meet people.

Only thing is, my car will probably look like ass beside some of those fancy SVT's.

My mods for when the weather is nice ... havent happened yet.. (wheels and exhaust). Oh well.. I will tough it out, and be a man about thigns...

Are we meeting at kits? Cheers!
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 06:27 PM
Originally posted by phlop:
Hey all,
Well, I think I will drive down.. its only abou 20 mins from me, and I would like to meet people.

Only thing is, my car will probably look like ass beside some of those fancy SVT's.

My mods for when the weather is nice ... havent happened yet.. (wheels and exhaust). Oh well.. I will tough it out, and be a man about thigns...

Are we meeting at kits? Cheers!

Nice that you are coming out! I'm not sure if were gonna pre-meet anywhere as of yet... Cris'pus has PM'd a few people organizing this revscene event to see if we can get designated parking spots.

I think Chris (Cris'pus) said that he will just show up at about 1pm to the meet so Im guessing that we will just meet up with him there. As for myself, I have a former co-worker that will be coming along with me in his '02 rsx. Since I will be coming up from South Delta, Im going to be stopping by at Volvo of Richmond for a thourough cleaning. Then heading up.

Realistically I want to setup a pre-meet so we can chat etc. Then we can all roll into Spanish Banks together, so if things don't work out. We can still park together.

Chris, DanCanuck, phlop... Are you guys willing to pre-meet somewhere?????

Posted By: ODC Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 07:34 PM
Nah, its not that I'm ashamed or anything like that.

I just don't like the crowd in general. Too many hongers. Too many m3's/amg's. Too many mommy bought rides.

I may show up at the 1/8m races one of these days, but we'll see.

I'm usually busy too with school and work, so my playtime ain't much lately. And I can think of lots of better things to do than to hang out in a RS meet : p

If there's a Contour pre-meet and I have time, I might show up to that but then I'll head off on my own afterwards.

edit: One of the better meet area's is on the roof of Oakridge on the far corner. It's usually empty and lots of space.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 10:37 PM
What time is the meet at? (sorry don't feel like scrolling through lots of conversation) Also what time doe sit get over with?
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 10:50 PM
Originally posted by auiotour:
What time is the meet at? (sorry don't feel like scrolling through lots of conversation) Also what time doe sit get over with?

Hey auiotour, the meet at spanish banks starts at 1pm and ends between 3pm and 3:30pm. There is a large cruise afterwards, that I will be doing aswell. Hope you can come!
Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 10:55 PM
Yeah, I would be willing for a pre-meet with the CEG people. Just let me know whats going on, and I am there.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 11:05 PM
Alright nice.

Lets set a time and location for the pre-meet guys.
How does 12:15 or 12:30 sound?

Maybe at the Oakridge parking lot as ODC suggested.
Any other suggestions?
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 11:21 PM
Actually come to think of it... To get the CEG presence out there etc etc. We should meet at Langara. They have a large parking lot. It's easy to find.

I say we meet there at 12:00 or so.

Others will be leaving the Langara premeet at 12:30 and cruise up to spanish banks. That should leave us plenty of time to meet and greet etc.

Let's meet up at 12:00pm (noon) at the Langara College parking lot. The address of Langara College is 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver. The parking lot entrance is on the south side of 49th between Cambie st. and Main st.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/08/05 11:29 PM
I'll be there at Langara. Is it one big parking lot on the Cambie (west) side of the school?

Dan
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 02:11 AM
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
I'll be there at Langara. Is it one big parking lot on the Cambie (west) side of the school?

Dan

Ahh, here's a map that shows exactly where it's going to be.

Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 04:05 AM
I'm there! Cant wait to put some faces and cars to you all!
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 12:03 PM
I am gonna try to do one final mod to my car before this weekend. If I can get it done, and my boss lets me off sunday night. I will drive up and spend the day up there. its gonna be a lonely drive.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 12:04 PM
anything special to cross the border? Just my Drivers License right?
Posted By: DDV Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 03:34 PM
For you, it's $60.00 and a note from your mother.

But, your worry is not getting into Canada, it's getting back into the U.S.. We're the ones with the more strict rules. I'd recommend a Driver's License and a passport, if you have one, or a voter's card if you have one.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DDV:
For you, it's $60.00 and a note from your mother.

But, your worry is not getting into Canada, it's getting back into the U.S.. We're the ones with the more strict rules. I'd recommend a Driver's License and a passport, if you have one, or a voter's card if you have one.

How about a license? lol thats all i got, not sure where my voters card is. But i have two idss. My sisters goes up there like once a month for 2-3 days. Not sure what she uses. i know she doens't have a passport.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 04:49 PM
It's a passport or photo ID (licence) and proof of citizenship (birth certificate, etc.) that's needed. Just get a passport while there's no need to...yet. I'm sure that will change.

It won't be so lonely if more people came no?
Posted By: ODC Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 08:35 PM
My car is real dirty, and I have a midterm on Monday.

I might show up for a bit, langara parking lot.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/09/05 09:21 PM
Sounds good guys.
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/10/05 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ODC:
My car is real dirty, and I have a midterm on Monday.

I might show up for a bit, langara parking lot.

HA! I have work at 1130PM Sunday night and I will be showing up. Hopefully with my new mod and a clean car.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/10/05 01:55 AM

HA! I have work at 1130PM Sunday night and I will be showing up. Hopefully with my new mod and a clean car.

PSST: Follow a certain Green SVT to the Volvo dealer...
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/10/05 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

PSST: Follow a certain Green SVT to the Volvo dealer...

what time.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/10/05 07:13 PM
Cris'pus... Shhhhh jeeez! haha jk.
Actually Im planning to be at the Volvo dealership in the Richmond Automall at about 11am. (thats when they open). That should give me enough time for a wash and shammy. Auiotour, you are welcome to meet me there if you want to clean your car also. Let me know
TTYL
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 02:19 AM
Actually Im planning to be at the Volvo dealership in the Richmond Automall at about 11am. (thats when they open). That should give me enough time for a wash and shammy. Auiotour, you are welcome to meet me there if you want to clean your car also. Let me know
TTYL

What are we looking at cost wise as I might have to take it somewhere cheap and wash it..... lol... you will all see why.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 06:23 AM
TTYL

What are we looking at cost wise as I might have to take it somewhere cheap and wash it..... lol... you will all see why.

Free dude, I work there
Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 06:36 AM
How much is detailing at Volvo? If its not to much, I would love to tag along.

Anyways... someone confirm with me where and when we are all meeting.

Thanks!
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 06:46 AM
Hi phlop, Basically I was going to go to Volvo for a wash and shammy dry wheel shine, interior vaccuum etc. Because it has rain the past few days and the car is sooo dirty. I work there, so I can use their equipment. They open at 11am on Sunday so I will be there around that time. Im sure you can come by with auiotour and we can wash up our cars real nice. Handwash with mitt, powerwasher for rims, tire shine, vaccuum, interior armourall, etc etc.

Oh btw, Auiotour are you bringing your SE or SVT?, you have two cars right?

So far this is whats happening,
11:00am Volvo of Richmond - 13171 Smallwood Pl. Richmond BC
12:00pm Langara College (pre-meet) (check the map pics above)
1:00-3:00pm Spanish Banks Revscene meet. (Large group of cars cruising afterwards).

Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 07:13 AM
Sounds wicked! I will definatly be there. Only thing, no rims yet. They are getting shipped from the stats to a place in maple Ridge... I hope they get here tomorrow or Saturday... dont want to look like a good with stock shoes on! hahah

Either way! I am porbably going to detail my engine tomorrow, and then can stop by in the AM to give my baby a wash! I am just finishing on a new stereo install.. so hopefully it all goes well, and I can get some carpet over the ugly MDF!

Anyways, excited to meet you all. Perhaps you could PM me your phone number (cell phone?) incase I cant find on on Sunday morning!

Cheers, and thanks for the times!
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 12:16 PM
Hi phlop, Basically I was going to go to Volvo for a wash and shammy dry wheel shine, interior vaccuum etc. Because it has rain the past few days and the car is sooo dirty. I work there, so I can use their equipment. They open at 11am on Sunday so I will be there around that time. Im sure you can come by with auiotour and we can wash up our cars real nice. Handwash with mitt, powerwasher for rims, tire shine, vaccuum, interior armourall, etc etc.

Oh btw, Auiotour are you bringing your SE or SVT?, you have two cars right?

So far this is whats happening,
11:00am Volvo of Richmond - 13171 Smallwood Pl. Richmond BC
12:00pm Langara College (pre-meet) (check the map pics above)
1:00-3:00pm Spanish Banks Revscene meet. (Large group of cars cruising afterwards).

awsome, means, I should leave the house around 730 or so to make sure I make it through customs okay, Also PM me with your real name, and Cell. Not sure if my cell will work in canada. But just in case I get lost.

also svt
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/11/05 03:53 PM
My cell worked in the states but it was over $1 a minute with those roaming charges . But I'm sure you don't wanna say, get lost down East Van hastings Area .

Hey guys, I talked to a guy on Revscene who owns a FSVT (toddzilla) and he said he'd like to Join you at the pre-meet and park with us. I'll let him know the final details.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: NW Meet? - 03/12/05 06:51 AM
As for reserving spots...

Quote:

sorry, no reservations

just park like a honger and 2 spots, when ur friend shows up, move on over to give him one of ur spots.

So if you guys could do that for me and I'm hoping ,my friend, who has a 89 dodge lancer shelby (drool=turbo=drool )
We'll be pushing it for time
Posted By: auiotour Re: NW Meet? - 03/12/05 07:07 AM
My car needs a serious washing. I can't wait. I am gonna leave plenty early. Can't forget to print up the directions. What is the address to the place we are meeting at?
Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/12/05 09:10 AM
My car needs a serious washing. I can't wait. I am gonna leave plenty early. Can't forget to print up the directions. What is the address to the place we are meeting at?

Volvo of Richmond - 13171 Smallwood Pl. Richmond BC

Ill be here too. For the awesome prewash and detail! I just spent $100 on new cleaning stuff. Cant wait to use it.
Posted By: Guntaker_dup1 Re: NW Meet? - 03/13/05 06:32 AM
See you guys tomorrow!
Posted By: phlop Re: NW Meet? - 03/13/05 10:19 AM
I cant believe it! MY SUBS WENT KAPOOTS! I just spent all weekend building a new trunk and what not.. and they were running great for hours.. then as soon as I got home.. they started to sound ll groggy and [censored]. I hope we can figure it out tomorrow!
© CEG Archives