Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

She is a 99 contour svt with 80k on her. The car is mint condition besides a small pimple side dent on passenger side door, 3 inch light scratch which I will buff out on the hood, the fr speaker doesn't work at all. and the power antenna was broke so they put a normal one on her. This will be changed when I get my next paycheck. I did a carfax, it had one owner in Renton WA. The car is amazing, very well kept. needs new driver floor mat. But all those things are cheap for me. I am so excited to introduce you'll to mercie. She is the third contour in my direct family, and 5th contour in my global family. I am keeping Baby, as she is still a good car. Future plans for Mercie, is to turbo charger her life, and to rebuild the supercharger for baby, with a later transmission swap with the euro spec parts from europe. Mercie will upgrade shortly after. I am gonna try so hard to make it to SZ with both of my cars, and I welcome any of you to join me with the drive. As I now need a driver and a passenger for my 99 sport.

So when is the next meet? Brandon, when will you get back. I wanna meet up with you so bad. I wanna see more on your car as future beholds when Mercie hits 100k she might be looking into a 3L.
SWEET I envy you so much!
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
SWEET I envy you so much!

Once, I pull a few things from my 99. You could always buy it lol. Its in good condition. well extremely good condition. need some shifterfork work and thats about it.(200 or so). Don't think the transmission was the problem. But I am gonna try to fix it first.
I like the T-Red SVTs...
I just noticed during my midnight excursion that the breaks in the front are really loud, so this is when David comes in, gonna see if he will loan me the greese and cleaner we used on my 99 ses for the breaks. They never made a sound. Ohh and both front and back have an extreme amount of breaks left. Rear is like 3/4 left, front look like brand new. Rotors are all thick, which shows they are brand new also, haven't been turned or anything.
Dude! you got the one at Sunset!

I hate you.

hehe
Nice, we need to go cruise sometime. I need some help w/some problems I'm having w/my svt so hit me up!!
we should meet up this coming weekend. I am free pretty much friday-sunday. suprised to see you on. lol your never on.
Yeah I will be swapping in a new fuel pump this weekend. YAY! This better be it. By the way Llane I will be ordering my MSDS headers soon.
-tropictour
Originally posted by tropictour:
Yeah I will be swapping in a new fuel pump this weekend. YAY! This better be it. By the way Llane I will be ordering my MSDS headers soon.
-tropictour

well have to get together and install them. I can't wait to hear them.
I need to do an oil change and tranny fluid change this weekend, probably will be doing it tomorrow.

However, due to the current state of my garage, I will only be half way in. When my ex moved out I will have more room for working on things.
Hey, at least you'll be partially under cover. I need to change my oil this weekend too. I hope it doesn't rain. (My garage is full.)

So when you empty yours out, can we all come over for oil changes?
hell yeah. I will sit around and offer advice like i did for Auiotour when he came to do his brakes.
Originally posted by Beowulf:
hell yeah. I will sit around and offer advice like i did for Auiotour when he came to do his brakes.

lol, hey speaking of breaks after the first of the month when I have some money wanna help me tear the front apart, it has a horrible squeek that is off and on during breaking. my 99 never made a sound after we did them. I wanna do the same.
Yeah, we can fix the squeak in your brakes.
Originally posted by auiotour:
-tropictour

well have to get together and install them.

And while your at it, come and change my waterpump.
Lol, we should all get together, the waterpump is easy from what I can tell. DDV knows how to change it, then we can do his oil, fix my breaks, and install headers lol.
Lol, we should all get together, the waterpump is easy from what I can tell. DDV knows how to change it, then we can do his oil, fix my breaks, and install headers lol.

W/P is not easy on a Zetec.
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

W/P is not easy on a Zetec.

lol no one around here owns a shabby zetec! lol. Right now if i get the super charger fix it goes to sz05, if i don't the svt goes.
Damn container that I dump my oil into wasn't drianing from the pan fast enough, and now the carpet has a HUGE oil lake on it.

Anyway, if anyone up here needs access to a garage for maintance-type duties, let me know. After next weekend, a lot of the stuff will be gone and there will be plenty more room in there.
Sweet thanks for the offer. I just did my fuel pump today and someone called the apartment manager on me.
So I am expecting either a visit or a letter on Monday. It sucks because I cant afford to have someone else do the repairs and when I can do it myself why waste the money.
-tropictour
Sweet thanks for the offer. I just did my fuel pump today and someone called the apartment manager on me.
So I am expecting either a visit or a letter on Monday. It sucks because I cant afford to have someone else do the repairs and when I can do it myself why waste the money.
-tropictour

ohh thats why you called at like 3:30, sorry didn't get the message till around 2am. my phone is being crap lately.
Thats cool. The worst part is that he came down and pretended like he wanted to help. The funny part was is that he was still in his business suit. Im looking into getting one of the garages here at our complex. $50 a month isnt bad for an enclosed working space without being bothered by A-holes.
-tropictour
Thats cool. The worst part is that he came down and pretended like he wanted to help. The funny part was is that he was still in his business suit. Im looking into getting one of the garages here at our complex. $50 a month isnt bad for an enclosed working space without being bothered by A-holes.
-tropictour

lol, i installed my intake yesterday in the rain at about 330 lol. it sounds awsome!
Which one did you get? Yeah Im tired of the rain Im ready for spring.
-tropictour
the K&N i had when i was going to use it for my supercharger, I gonn a buy another one later for the other car. Sounds awsome. Ohh and hey, Mid Febuary before the GB closes for the adjustable koni struts, I am gonna buy a set, and then some b&g springs, camber kit, and front strut bar, and install them all at the same time. Ohh so excited, so early march I will get to install.
Yeah, the greatest thing about living in a house with a garage is not having to deal with that [censored].

Seriously, if anyone needs a garage and needs to use it, let me know. I live in Covington, so it is a bit of a drive, but the company is guarenteed to be good and my advice is guarenteed to be bad.

Just send me a PM if you need the facilities.
but the company is guarenteed to be good and my advice is guarenteed to be bad.

speaking truthfully, the company is bad also.

lol j/k
but the company is guarenteed to be good and my advice is guarenteed to be bad.

speaking truthfully, the company is bad also.

lol j/k

HAHAHA
Yeah, just don't let him talk to into the Beowulf Headlight Mod and Beowulf CAI. Function before fashion...yeah right!
LOL!
Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, just don't let him talk to into the Beowulf Headlight Mod and Beowulf CAI. Function before fashion...yeah right!

ohh he tried that, he said, you could use a baseball bat, or drive into his neighbors flatbed truck... I told him it was getting late.... Didn't want to tell him hell no!
the K&N i had when i was going to use it for my supercharger, I gonn a buy another one later for the other car. Sounds awsome. Ohh and hey, Mid Febuary before the GB closes for the adjustable koni struts, I am gonna buy a set, and then some b&g springs, camber kit, and front strut bar, and install them all at the same time. Ohh so excited, so early march I will get to install.

Whoa! B&G's arent those like a 2" drop? Let me know Id be more than happy to come help. I will be going back to Houston on the 11th through the 14th. But Im free any other weekend.
-tropictour
It won't be till after febuary is over(most likely) I have some other suspension parts I want. But will also need to save for sz05. Hey you wanna drive out there? anyone? I am taking my sport or my svt depending on super charger condition.
© CEG Archives