Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LuckySVT Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/06/04 03:53 AM
Hello all, i have been wanting to do some sort of meet soon and i think i have a reason to start one up now. For thoes who are interested, a fellow CEGer(forgot his SN) and myself will be meeting up i think this coming sun. Dec, 12th. I am selling some parts to him. And i was thinking maybe some other P-town CEGers and anyone who would want to join, could make a mini meet out of it? Go go karting? What do you guys think?
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/06/04 04:30 AM
i'm up here in everett, its a possible that i make it. i'd like to get some guys up here to drive down with me though? so lets see what we can get going here..
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/06/04 05:06 AM
Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that.
Posted By: Wijn Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/06/04 08:32 PM
Friends from Africa flying in on Friday-Sun or I would be there.

December is a hard month, w/ holiday's and all. I could make early January though!

wijn
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/07/04 04:04 AM
Hey Lucky, I may be screwed about meeting early Sunday. Maybe mid afternoon on Sunday would work OR Before mid afternoon on Saturday would work. yes, I wanna get this done, gotta pull my steering rack (not the first time, drat!) so this may be the time to do all that fun transaxle stuff...
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/07/04 05:58 AM
Well i talked to PDXSVT and it seems that this sat. Dec. 11th would work best. Lets say a rough guess of where we would meet would be somewhere in the p-town, and around 11am-noon would be a very good meeting time. Cus some of us gotta be places around 2pm. Anyways to anyone who could make it, it would be cool too see some old and new faces. BUt i know the holidays are just around the corner so i wouldnt be suprised if most CEG'ers are busy. Anyways let me know what u all think.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland-Make that Dec. 11th - 12/07/04 06:40 AM
Saturday 11 am to noon sounds good. Where?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland-Make that Dec. 11th - 12/07/04 07:33 AM
Hey cool! I should be able to make this one!

Marty
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland-Make that Dec. 11th - 12/07/04 04:23 PM
How about BJ's Brewery at Jantzen Beach. I think everyone knows where that is. Pizza and beer...mmmmmmm

I'm likely going to be in town, so I'm in. I might even see if I can take my SVT out of its hiding place.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland-Make that Dec. 11th - 12/07/04 07:19 PM
Marty, did you get some headers in yet?
Mike, how're your synchros? I'm in mourning as Magglio Ordonez will be officially gone as of tonite. (Merry Christmas to you, too, Scott Boras. Is Boras' middle initial "O"?) If you bring the SVT, would Chris come along too?
Toby, would you be driving your SVT or your Eclipse?

Actually, w/ Groovenerd/Marty coming from east Multnomah County, me coming from Hillsboro and Shotwell from Vancouver, BJs at the Jantzen Beach exit off of I-5 does not sound like a bad idea, that would be easy for Lucky/Toby to find, and he's driving up from Eugene.

Who else is not all tied up with work, child care or christmas shopping?

Posted By: DDV Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/07/04 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
But i know the holidays are just around the corner so i wouldnt be suprised if most CEG'ers are busy.

On Saturday, I'll be busy nursing a hangover. I was actually thinking about it if it was on Sunday!

Hope you guys have fun.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 01:28 AM
Originally posted by DDV:
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
But i know the holidays are just around the corner so i wouldnt be suprised if most CEG'ers are busy.

On Saturday, I'll be busy nursing a hangover. I was actually thinking about it if it was on Sunday!

Hope you guys have fun.

Bah! Drink some water before bed and some coffee in the morning...you'll be fine!

Catch you next time.
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 04:11 AM
if it was on sunday i'd be there.. but i work all day saturday and wont be able to make saturday.. sorry guys
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 06:26 AM
HEy PDXSVT, i just sent you a PM. If jantzen beach is it? is the best place to meet that sounds good to me, if someone wouldnt mind handing out directions id like that also. I also could make it there around 11am, or a little after.
Marty,Mike, id be cool if you guys could make it also. havent seen you all for a while, what do you all think? Should i break out the tour or the Eclipse? You choose.
MAn we have been having some crappy weather here, all stormy like.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 08:16 AM
Gotta bring the Tour Lucky...we all want to see it while you still have it!

Unfortunately mine won't be seeing the light of day just yet. I'll be slummin' in the Malibu.

Directions are easy. Drive on I-5 north and take the Jantzen Beach exit. There's a big mall there. If you go over the bridge to Washington you went too far...it's the last exit before the bridge. BJ's is on the west side of the freeway, between the freeway and the mall. Can't miss it.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 09:16 AM
Yeah, bring the SVT! I'm plannin' on being there.

If we happen to go there, they have a new layout at SyKart. I went there a couple of months ago and they had just changed it a week or two before that. Its even better now!

BJ's is somewhere near here. Mapquest didn't come up with the BJ's at Jantzen Beach, but it's right near there.

Yeah, it's rainin' and kinda windy here too. Yuck.

Marty
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/08/04 12:19 PM
Bob -- I DO have my headers, but I still need to get them Jet-Hot coated. If I haven't sent them off by Saturday, I'll bring 'em along in case anyone wants to see them uninstalled in person.

Marty
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/10/04 03:19 PM
I am on call again this week for the second time this month, with one more on call week to go.

UM...that is a "have a nice time, guys!"
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/10/04 03:33 PM
We're still on, right? Who all is coming?

I'm there!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/10/04 03:49 PM
Well, Mike, it sounds like its Lucky, Marty, you and me. I'm getting some parts from Lucky, and maybe I'll throw a few uninstalled goodies in my trunk. My bad steering rack means its now time to install the lsd. If Marty has his new headers along I'll want to take a look at them.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/10/04 11:13 PM
Yup, my headers and I will be there!

Marty
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/11/04 07:07 AM
So its 11 at BJ's then?

Marty
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/11/04 07:42 AM
YEa in front of BJ's, for me i will be there from 11-11:30am. Hopefully it will be decent out! No rain! I will see you all there. Maybe we could go for a little cruise if the weathers not bad? I'll be rockin the tour .
Posted By: aaron_soccer20 Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/11/04 08:12 AM
if i didnt work i would be there in an instant! someone better take pictures so i can see what i missed! have fun
aaron
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Portland Meet Dec. 12th? - 12/11/04 02:34 PM
Wait, you guys are gonna have a meet rather than watch FOOTBALL?

Pansies.

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Portland Meet is Dec. 11th - 12/11/04 06:39 PM
Pussies?

We're meeting today, 12/11, Saturday. No NFL games today. You'd prefer we meet on Sunday and miss the REAL games?

You must have to work today. Or you thought this was on 12/12 from the original posting.

As it is, I'm gonna miss seeing the Illini kill the Ducks in hoops today.
Posted By: contour_r_us Re: Portland Meet is Dec. 11th - 12/11/04 07:21 PM
Crap, I JUST now read this (yea, my bad -- hectic month at best)!!! Wish I could have made it. ;-( I need to pick some brains on converting an ATX to MTX in a friends '96 2.0 (ATX went south..further an Eugene)
Bill
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Portland Meet is Dec. 11th - 12/12/04 10:38 AM
Yeah, I was picking on the 12th, not the 11th.

I picked up a 50" Toshiba rear projection from a coworker that just bought a 50" HDTV set.

I am going to be LOVING the football in a few hours.
© CEG Archives