Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/21/04 03:25 AM
Today was fun...let's do it again in two weeks!

December 4th is a Saturday. Planning on the same run as today...meet in Burlington and drive up Chuckanut to Bellingham.

Two weeks should be enough time to plan for it. How about it guys?
count me in!!
Posted By: DDV Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/21/04 04:07 PM
I'll be there!

What time are we planning on starting?

Aaron_soccer20: I'll be driving up from Bothell, so we could meet somewhere in Everett to drive up from there.
yea! i'm up for that.. anytime starting is fine with me, just let me know what works for most people
Posted By: Beowulf Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/22/04 06:34 PM
Damn it! Stop scheduling meets for weekends my kid is with me!

I drive carefully when he is with me...which is slower than Tyson drives.
Posted By: DDV Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/22/04 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
...which is slower than Tyson drives.

You're mean.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/22/04 11:08 PM
I may be mean, but at least I am honest.

I would like to go on the 4th, but my son drives me nuts in the 30 minutes we are normally in the car at one stretch.

We will see.
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/22/04 11:25 PM
I'm in for sure, now that I have had 5 guys working on my car for a week to get it together! (laughing)

Our entire maintance shop will be happy to see that thing roll out the door!

Just need the alternator and it's done!

Wijn
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/22/04 11:44 PM
Where are you going to meet in Burlington?

Krispy Kreme?

Wijn
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/23/04 02:18 AM
It sounds fun but it is soooooooo far up there!!!!!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/23/04 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Wijn:
Where are you going to meet in Burlington?

Krispy Kreme?

Wijn

How come no one told me there was one there!
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/23/04 05:59 AM
I'll bring you some anytime you like, I make that commute all the time.

I don't mind hooking up or heading up to Vancouver or splitting the difference and meeting you in Langley sometime if you like

Wijn
We could meet anywhere, as long as the directions are good. That gas station is cake, right off the freeway. Krispy Kreme is pretty easy too, just on the other side of the freeway...same exit even!

Any Oregonians making this run? Come on guys!
anywhere works for me, i'm going either way!!
Posted By: auiotour Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/23/04 08:23 AM
Its gonna be a no go for me on the 4th, seems since the jackshaft blew up, or stripped, it might have taken the seal with it, causing oil throughout my intake system, inside my vacuum hoses, boost gauge, inside the UIM, into the IAC, and much more on top of replacing the jackshaft.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/23/04 09:06 AM
Definately sounds like fun! I'll try and make it up! Hopefully it'll be decent weather again.

Marty
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/24/04 03:52 AM
Originally posted by DDV:
...which is slower than Tyson drives.

You're mean.

thats messed up man, now im going to go cry
alright, i'm back home, just seeing if theres any word on the 4th?
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/29/04 08:49 PM
I'm still in!

Wijn
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/30/04 03:08 AM
As part of the run we should head up to Lynden Pioneer ford because they are the only ones in the state to get one of the $250,000 Ford GT's. It's a beauty, in their showroom.

About a half hour drive from the Bellingham end of Chuckanut.

Wijn
As part of the run we should head up to Lynden Pioneer ford because they are the only ones in the state to get one of the $250,000 Ford GT's.

That's not correct. Empire Ford in Spokane got one. I didn't see it, but I talked to them. It is already sold. Also, they're less than $150,000.

I'd love to go and look at it! Sounds like a good activity for a bunch of car enthusiasts!

What time are we meeting this time?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 11/30/04 10:23 AM
Eleven or twelve-ish would be good to give those of us down south a chance to get up there without having to get up too early.

Toby? Jesse? Bob? Anyone else from down here wanna head north for a meet?

Marty
im still gonna be there.. how many people we got going so far??
I'm in. Noon sounds good.
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/01/04 06:15 PM
I still don't know where we are meeting??? Did we decide Krispy Kreme?

12:00 sounds good to me.

Car should be finished Friday at 12:30

Wijn
I don't mind where we meet, as long as we all know where it is. Here is the map to where we met last time. We could start there and head over to K K, or the opposite. The Chevron the map points to has good gas.
DDV you still going? and if so, still wanna meet in everett and go at the same time??
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/02/04 06:00 AM
So that is the Chevron right by the McDonalds???

Wijn
that is correct
Posted By: DDV Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/02/04 01:11 PM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
DDV you still going? and if so, still wanna meet in everett and go at the same time??

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it; might be stuck working on Saturday.
So that is the Chevron right by the McDonalds???

Wijn

Yes it is. The Chevron convienience store is called Holiday Market. It is right next to an AM/PM store as well.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/02/04 05:40 PM
I won't be makin it. I was to save my $$$ for a 50 inch big rear projection TV that a coworker is selling.

$400.

I think I can live with that.
WOW that's a great price! Sounds like a worthy cause to save money.

If you go I'll help pay for your gas...? Whadoya think? Anyone else?

I'll likely be in the Malibu again unfortunately. Maybe I'll bring the Turbo Monte along if it's dry out. I can use more gas in that than the rest of the whole group!
i'd even pitch in for gas if needed. we have 2 days left... how many people we got going? anyone from oregon or b.c. going??
Posted By: Beowulf Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/02/04 11:32 PM
Originally posted by shotwell:
WOW that's a great price! Sounds like a worthy cause to save money.

If you go I'll help pay for your gas...? Whadoya think? Anyone else?

I'll likely be in the Malibu again unfortunately. Maybe I'll bring the Turbo Monte along if it's dry out. I can use more gas in that than the rest of the whole group!

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass. I really don't want to spend the day the car with my son. The worst part about that is not being able to smoke while driving. I would go apeshit insane.

The TV is a Philips...only a year and a half old. I cant wait for the next payday.
Posted By: DDV Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/03/04 02:23 PM
I won't be makin it. I was to save my $$$ for a 50 inch big rear projection TV that a coworker is selling. $400. I think I can live with that.

What a waste of money. It sounds like a great deal!Is it a wide-screen, or a "regular screen"?

I've had my Philips 60-inch WS for about two years now and it's been working great. One thing to look for after you get it, see if it has a convergence setting/settings in the setup menus. I have to tweak mine every now and then and it makes a big difference in the picture quality.

Too bad you aren't going to join us tomorrow; I woulda pitched in for gas too. (Still don't know if I'll be able to make it, though.)

aaron_soccer20, PM me your cell number so I can call you either later today or tomorrow, in case I go, we can meet up somewhere in Everett.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/03/04 10:55 PM
Sorry guys. I've promised my cousin and inlaw I'm going to visit them. The Original Meet 2 weeks ago took the place so I can't skip them again.
I Really wanted to meet Wijn and DDV too. Sorry guys. Bring a Camera someone. I'm there in spirit.

May the Malibu be blessed with catching up power
alright, how many people should i expect to see tomrrow? just trying to see who we got.. weather shouldnt be to bad in the afternoon so could be a good day!
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/04/04 07:16 AM
I'm coming so long as nobody laughs at my car too much!

Wijn
where you driving from??
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/04/04 08:48 AM
MAN! i so want to meet new contour members! BUt unforchantly i cant make it tommorow. Plans with the g/f and going to a party at the Hilton .

PLEASE! PLEASE! Maybe make another meet sometime soon and i PROMISE i will be there, with the contour. Gotta show it off and get it out to the public so someone can buy it .

Oh also, i WAS going to sell my carbon fiber hood to a buddy up in WA, but i dont know now if he is going to go through with it. So i will let you all know if its for sale, to thoes who are interested i will give you a deal! I will let it go for half of what i paid for it or less. BUt 1st i will see if my buddy is going to buy it. MAN! i want to go to a meet!
hopfully we'll have another meet soon and you can make it luckySVT.... wijn, if you gotta come through everett.. you should let me know and maybe meet up and drive up together.. let me know whats up
same with you DDV call if you can make it..
Posted By: DDV Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/04/04 04:02 PM
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
same with you DDV call if you can make it..

Well, it turns out I have to work today, so I won't be making the run.

I hope you have fun and have nice weather for the drive!
sorry you couldnt make it, next time! everyone else? before i leave, are we meeting at the chevron or the K.K. ?? need anything else? call the cell 425-750-8014
i'm gonna be at the chevron @ noon
Sorry I didn't make it guys. I got called in to work early this morning and I just got off. I should have known better than to answer my phone at 6:30 in the morning! It's a big Navy Reserve drill day and the computers caused chaos. At least I got some overtime.

Next time I'm in, certainly.
Posted By: Wijn Re: December 4th meet for Chuckanut run - 12/05/04 01:16 AM
Shotwell, we would have loved to have seen you there. Check out the post December 4 Golf Tour for pic updates.

Wijn
© CEG Archives