Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 10/26/04 12:14 PM
Okay, I know a few of you wanted to show up to either watch the install or to help with the install. I just wanted to know who is showing up. We will start work on the car around 9-10. And work pretty much most of the day. If a lot of people plan on showing up. We might barbeque, or order pizza. Not sure yet. We will also have plenty of beer. So if you want anything special please bring a 6pck or more!
Im in. I will have to leave at about 5:30 or so. But Im sure we will have it running by then. PM me your address so I can get directions. Should be pretty sweet.
-tropictour
PM sent. I gave you detail instructions. If anyone plans on using a Driving directions web site to my house, I suggest Yahoo as most of the sites do not have my address as it is fairly new. Yahoo maps has the correct location of my house. Others say its 5-6 blocks west of where i live.
Even mapquest.com and maps.msn.com?
Well I can't make it.

Just kidding.
Hey 95Mike are you bringing the car in your sig? I woud like to check it out.
-tropictour
Originally posted by 95Mike:
Well I can't make it.
Just kidding.

haha didn't see the just kidding part. about [censored] myself lol. Yea bring your SVT damn it. We need the oil pan!!! Should I buy a new gasket and if so whats the part number. I am going to go order the filter tomorrow and getting the adapter from a ceger who was 2 too many.
haven't check them lol. Trust me I have good directions from I5/I405 or 167. You won't be able to miss my place.
hmm is this how i should spend my birthday?
Originally posted by Dakmis:

YES lol
happy birthday man, how old yea turning!
I wish I was there to witness/help with the install. SCs are fun!
haha you will get to see it at Spring Zing! I am gonna have a video camera and my digital camera to take lots of pictures!
Originally posted by auiotour:
haha you will get to see it at Spring Zing! I am gonna have a video camera and my digital camera to take lots of pictures!

We'll have to race....I should have some more stuff done by then.
Would love to.. It will be great fun. I am hoping to do some transmission work. I am ordering a DMD next month, and hopefully at sateg 3-4 clutch, and replace the shifter, shift knob finally!, and the shifter forks. As it grinds going into third gear, unless I let the rpms drop 1000 or so then engage the clutch.. I have to have this fixed before coming out for sz05.
Originally posted by Dakmis:

YES lol
happy birthday man, how old yea turning!

the big 18, i missed the vote this year by 2 freakin days
Ouch. Well 4 yrs! till the next one. I registered back in august but haven't got a voting card or anything. Not sure whats going on.
Originally posted by tropictour:
Hey 95Mike are you bringing the car in your sig? I woud like to check it out.
-tropictour

I'll bring it (minus the S/C of course). I'll have to check on the part # for the oil pan gasket.
I will try to see if my son and I can stop by.
Great, glad you all will be making it. Hey mike whats your PCM code. so I know what the superchip will work on. i am having trouble selling it cause I dont know the code.
Whats that? Chip for sale?

Whats your address? Not sure but, I may try and come up for this!
Its a Super Chips. I need the PCM Code for the Chip. Its was programmed for a Vortech Supercharged SVT. But can be reprogrammed for different settings. Superchips won't due it since they no longer tune contours. Superchips SCT won't due it cause its not a SCT chip. So you will have to go to get it programmed at a local dyno shop that can program them.
My dad and I will begin working on the car around 9:30 or so. So those who said they will be showing up. You guys can show up pretty much whenever. But if you guys can tell me when that would be great as I know we are going to have to take breaks to make runs to the store for wires, maybe some bolts/nuts/washers, ect. This way you don't show up and we are gone for 45 minutes lol.
I'll be there around 10. You should order some Motorsport wires instead of the ones from the parts store. I think they would make it here in time.
-tropictour
I was gonna order the magnecors but bat is closed today and wont be open till monday, and i couldn't find them on spmotorsports.com.
I was gonna order the magnecors but bat is closed today and wont be open till monday, and i couldn't find them on spmotorsports.com.

Plug Wires
-tropictour
Just found out the wife is scheduled to work that day. Unless she can get that day off (it's possible), I can't make it. I'll post right away if I can though!

Good luck guys.
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 10/31/04 01:30 PM
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I should be able to make it, if nothing else, just for a short visit.

tropictour: I'll bring a TH fix for you. It's about a 2-minute mod.
Originally posted by DDV:
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I should be able to make it, if nothing else, just for a short visit.

hey hey what about me!!! i need one too.

sorry you can't make it mike. I was hopin' you could make it. well maybe you can come down before sunset hits, and see things. I am gonna barbeque. Hamburgers, and Hot dogs. So anyoen who is here around noon you can eat and have a beer. just watched out for my dogs. they are horrible when it comes to food (they beg all the time).
Originally posted by DDV:

Awesome!
-tropictour
Posted By: Wijn Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/02/04 05:24 AM
I may be interested in coming if I can get my car out of the paint shop by then. I loaned it to my trim shop and they are chrome flaming the car below the doors on each side.

The dash is next, but I can drive it the way it is, and bring it back to our maintance shop after the weekend.

I would like to see the install.

That is if you don't mind

Wijn
Sure man, i would love to have you. Looks like we will get to have two new CEGers show. It will be nice to get some new faces in. The NW isn't to big with CEG. I hope it will change.

I will PM you my address. Show up anytime from 9am till 9pm. Call my cell first when your like 30 minutes away so that I know not to run to get parts or anything. Number will be in PM also.
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/02/04 06:34 PM
I'll bring a few TH fixes, just in case anyone else wants one.
Don't forget the oil pan. i will be writing you a check for it.
I think everythign is pretty much a go. All i have to do is buy some extra wire for the gauge pods install, and buy spark plugs. finally managed to find the part number. Have to call the parts store. [censored] i hate having to order at the last minute. Had to express ship everything!

Well as long as david brings my baffled oil pan I will be set. all parts will be here friday and saturday afternoon for the filter.
For those who are joining me on Saturday. I am not sure I will be able to get the car tuned as ADC Has yet to recieve Superchips Microtuner. It should be delievered to him today, and I have requested over night delivery since they have to tune it today, then possibly ship it today. This has been a sad affair as I ordered it two weeks ago, and Said I would have had it by now, according to Keyser(chris). I am hoping to get this item asap so I can take my car out for a test drive Saturday, at the latest Sunday.
I'll be surprised if it even starts by the end of the day. I'm not doubting anyone's abilities, but it seems like a lot to accomplish in one day. In my experience something always holds things up. You never know though...

I just found out that I definitely cannot come to the party guys. I guess I'll do everyone's fog light mod at the next meet.

A note on the TH fix that some of you will be doing...If you experience rough idle when cold, enlarge the hole slightly, very slightly. I had to enlarge mine twice before it was right. Don't remember the size that made my car happy, but I understand that every car is different.

Good luck and have fun!
i got all but the filter, two screws for the maf adapter, and the microtuner to go. I installed the gauge pod. (somewhat lol).
Originally posted by shotwell:
In my experience something always holds things up. You never know though...

Your not lyin'. Theres always something with me too. I can only think of a couple of times when an install went smooth. I remember one oil change(on my sisters explorer) that I did. I couldnt get the drain plug out because she took it to Wal-Mart and they torqued it down to 1 million ft. lbs. But 2 or more heads are better than one. So hopefully we can get it running that evening. Providing the chip gets there.
-tropictour
Man i havent posted here in a long time. Well i still have the tour, but i am selling it, a GST eclipse came across my path and we are perfect! Anyways, like i said i am sellin the tour, and some parts with it. But i was looking at your post audiotour and was wondering if you would be interested in buying a nice SPEC stage 2 clutch kit with an Unorthodox lightened flywheel? . I had these on my tour along with an LSD(by the way which is still on it for thoes who are interested in buying it!). Just wondering. Anyways i dont think ill be able to make it up there, but u all have fun!
love to buy them all, how many miles are on the stage 2 clutch and flywheel. How much you willing to sell for?
I joked with my friend to come see this install (he being a not so great believer in a contour) and it peaked his interest. So there's small chance I might come. But sans contour. It's still in the shop
PM me your address prease mister
PM sent

Lucky, I wouldn't be able to buy those parts till the end of the month.
PM me your address, just in case my son and I can come by for a visit.
Today is the day. I have to get some wires sometime today pick the filter up, and await the fedex/ups man for delivery of my superchips microtuner.
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/06/04 03:12 PM
And have I got a deal for you. I found the receipt for the oil pan. You'll be happily surprised when I see you.
I should be there about 10:30. See ya then.
-tropictour
Doens't look like Mike will be showing up. He said a week or so ago he would be there, but I have not been able to contact him since. I sent him a PM with my address, tried calling his cell phone which was shut off 10 minutes later. Not sure whats going on.

I can't wait to see you all today, this i hope still turns out to be a great day. I am extra tired from work last night. We only had four trucks to unload, and no temps to do it for us since we didnt have many so I spent much of my time unloading these trucks by hand. Very sore, and tired. But I will be rearing to go in the next 30 minutes! I will be taking pictures and posting in this thread and a thread I will be starting later on in the Pics and Video Section.
YEA, mike just called me, looks like he still will be here. good news!!!!
I posted pics in the pics and video section. I am hoping for the car to be running tomorrow.

Things to be done
Install SuperChips tuner.
Baffled Oil Pan/And tap for supercharger oil drain
Reinstall Radiator/fans.
Rewiring all the battery harness into 2, and connect to battery cable to trunk, and hook up amp.
Reprogram Stereo sad this takes forever
Fill 6 Quarts of 0w-20 Mobil1 Synethetic oil.
1 Furrule for boost gauge
1 K&n Air filter/ and some hose clamps for the intake.
Reinstall bumper. lower car.

And the more spendy mod that will never end.

92 gasoline!!! ack [censored] $3.00 more per tank. Good thing I only fill up 3 times a month sometimes 4.

Thanks tropictour, 95mike, and ddv for showing up I appecaite it a lot. Had a lot of fun, and I forgot to give someone a stereo! so when I get my car running, maybe tuesday we can hook it up for yea, I have an extra harness for it i believe. brand new never been used.
Yeah it was cool meeting everyone. Thanks to DDV for the TH fix. But yeah it was fun.
-tropictour
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/08/04 03:43 PM
Originally posted by tropictour:
Thanks to DDV for the TH fix.-tropictour

You're welcome! What'd you think of it afterward?

Auiotour--glad to be of some help and sorry I couldn't stay longer.

It's looking good! (Saw the pics on the other link.)
btw, you leavign the TH fixes behind really helped, we needed something to seperate the fuel lines, and using the TH Fix we cut the end off, then cut them in half and used them to pry apart the fuel lines, once the pieces were done, we did it in a few seconds. worked perfect.
btw, you leavign the TH fixes behind really helped, we needed something to seperate the fuel lines, and using the TH Fix we cut the end off, then cut them in half and used them to pry apart the fuel lines, once the pieces were done, we did it in a few seconds. worked perfect.

HAHA!
The TH is like night and day difference. If I would of known the difference I would have done it sooner.
-tropictour
I want to thank everyone again for coming and helping with my car. Tonight it ran for its first time around 6:30. we had the positive and negative start wires (both black identical in size everything) plugged into the negative wiring. So we undid the wiring and changed the wires over. Ran the car a for a few minutes and it sucked up the 6 quarts of oil quite quickly, we ended up adding a seventh quart do to the new filter, and the super charger it used it right up. I really wish i would have drove in mikes car when he had the super charger, so I could have known the difference between his and mine. Ohh well, headers and ypipe will be coming soon enough. I just got to say David and leaf (sp?) not sure how to spell your name. Anyways when you get the time I will take you for an exciting ride in my car. Thank you guys for helping me so much. I do appeciate it so much.
Its Leif. Its cool. Good to hear you got it running. Yeah it would have been nice to compare it to something. But hey now your gonna need to upgrade that transmission.
-tropictour
Sweet! Can't wait for a ride!
I either filled the oil slightly to much, (though the dip stick isn't showing that), or getting leaks since switching to synthetic, or I didn't tighten the oil pan on to spec correctly.
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/11/04 11:03 PM
I just got to say David when you get the time I will take you for an exciting ride in my car.

I don't know if I want a ride. I've seen you drive!!

Glad to hear it's on the road. NOW--go get it dyno'ed!!
I will be dynoing it next week most likely. And maybe doing some tunning then to. Not sure. I have some bills I gotta catch up on.

Super Charger: 1300
MyCheck Bouncing, [censored] mike: $145 (paid mike $125.00 for his troubles from his bank)
Xcaliber SCT microtuner $550 with shipping
Oil Pan from David $90
Misc Parts $70
Intake $43.xx with tax
MAF Adapter $30 from russel3l
magnecor wires $134.XX shipped 3 day
Autolight APP764 Plugs $23.XX with tax
K&N oil filter $10.83 with tax
Fram Fuel Filter $10.83 with tax
Mobil 1 Syn Oil $38.06 with tax
A-Pillar Gauge Setup $54.XX with shipping
Beer $8.00
Premium gas (first tank) $26.00

So total this project ran me 2532.XX. Wow spent a lot more then I thought I did. I think I might have done my math wrong. Ohh well, it was a spendy project. maybe I am not to far off. Yea, thats about right. Thought I would get away with under 2k. haha that was way under. So I spent another $500 or so I didn't expect to spend. So now I am behind on my credit cards. About 380! so this next paycheck is gonna be ate up pretty much.
Posted By: DDV Re: Nov 6th Super Charger Install. Whos Coming? - 11/12/04 02:28 PM
Oil Pan from David $90

Nope; it was only $70.

You still got off cheap; buying the S/C new would have cost you more than that just by itself.

Beer: $8.00
Dude, next time, buy some real beer!

Just kidding, of course!
lol yea your right sorry type-o for the $90. hehe, now I even feel better. I never thought I would put $2.5k into this project. And I still want headers and a y-pipe to accomidate my super charger. thats another $710!
I posted a bit about this in the FI section. Well its official the driveshaft went out. I never thought anything about it when mike said, I would upgrade before you install it would be easier in the long run. yup, should have listened to the hints. According to a local shop, they said, that the slight sound of grinding i was hearing when I first installed the super charger (happens when rpms are like 3000 dropping to like 1000, a clickity clack noise) was the crank shaft giving out slowly. Which means this thing has been going out over the past yr or so. I see why I got it for so cheap. I am sorry but I am really not happy with the situation. But What I do want to know is if I got hosed, or just hosed on accident. The new part will be costing my my unborn children, and will be raising the price of this install to 3200 or so. Just slightly cheaper then a new super charger from vortech.
Ahhhh, sorry audiotour, i have been very busy and not able to respond to you, sorry! Anyways, about the spec stage 2 kit and unorthodox flywheel, i had them put on about for 3 months, i was having the tranny rebuilt and i was into autoX so i got these components. But i decided to go stock everything because i am selling the car and got a new one. So these parts are just sitting in my garage taking up space! SO i need to find receipts on how much i paid for them, then ill reply back here and let you know what i think is somewhat reasonable price. So if you still are interested, i can hold them for you. Or if there is a meet sometime soon i can bring the parts and show them to ya.
So ill be posting back here soon. Sorry for the long ass post.
© CEG Archives