Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GrooveNerd No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/27/04 04:26 AM
Okay, we're really runnin' outta summertime now, everyone. I think I'm free any Saturday this month. Anyone else wanna meet up? The weather's supposed to be pretty good this Saturday at the north Oregon coast (65-70), and western (65-ish) and eastern Washington (75-ish). Anyone wanna go for a drive this weekend or next? (Dunno what the weather's gonna be on the 9th though...) Maybe we can do a day-long drive and just grab food somewhere or get sub sandwiches and have a picnic along the way?

We also have an offer to meet up with some Cougar owners sometime too. Maybe we could do a Seattle or Vancouver BC meet with them and another one further south if some people can't make it up north?

Let's put this together!

Marty
Posted By: Dakmis Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/27/04 06:26 AM
im really just waiting for a date and location

but i will be in salem sunday oct 3rd for an autocross if u want to meet up there(i know it is too far for you washington guys). it would be cool to see some contours running around there
Posted By: Focer Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/27/04 05:09 PM
I am down for a local, portland area meet.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/27/04 06:23 PM
Football is my LIFE.

Seahawks have a bye this coming weekend, but I think I have plans to go shooting with some friends.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/28/04 06:22 PM
finaly back in town but im gonna be traveling alot so when we get a date set ill have to see whats going on. getting my car back from the shop today had to get the rear contol arms replaced and the stereo install is finaly complete cant wait to whore it.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 09/30/04 04:46 AM
Hey Marty im down on sat.'s But i might not be drivin the tour...I got a new car . We will see. But i am down to meet up with u guys either way.

Also focer, i might have gotten u confused with someone else but do you work at FORD? If you do, do you know how much it would cost to fix my dashwarp AT ford, or do you think i could do it myself?
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 10/08/04 03:13 AM
Right on! Yeah at least bring some pictures of your new car if you bring the 'Tour up! Hopefully we can get something together for everyone, but maybe at least a Portland meet...

Marty
Posted By: Focer Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 10/08/04 05:09 AM

Originally posted by LuckySVT:

Also focer, i might have gotten u confused with someone else but do you work at FORD? If you do, do you know how much it would cost to fix my dashwarp AT ford, or do you think i could do it myself?

I will try and ask tomarrow.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: No, Really... Let's Have a Meet! - 10/12/04 05:46 AM
Marty, it looks like if any meet is going to happen, its gunna be a p-town meet for us ORegonias. Perhaps this weekend? the 16th
Yeah, it looks like the weather's actually supposed to be nice through this week, and then only kinda cloudy on Saturday. (No rain!) We could do that drive around Mt. St. Helens again if anyone's interested? That was a fun road, and had a pretty decent surface. Maybe we can take some pictures of the cars with some steam action from the mountain in the background this time! Otherwise, we could do go-karts, or drive to the coast or ??? But yeah, I'm all for a meet this Satuday!

Umm, I guess we could meet at Clackamas Town Center again, or maybe Washington Square (in Beaverton), or the Home Depot near the airport if we go to St. Helens? Kinda depends on what we want to do I guess. Think fast, everyone -- the weekend's comin' up!

I dunno how many people are interested, but I'd say Cougars, Foci, and SHOs are more than welcome to come along too, so tell your friends!

Marty
Not sure if I'll be able to m,ake it but, I'll try. May have the little one with me.
Those roads are closed dude. I tried to go down there last week and was shut down at Randle.

I did get to drive the North Cascades Hwy yesterday. Started in Spokane, drove 2 to Grand Coulee Dam, then North to Omak, then 20 all the way home. It takes better than six hours going the speed limit, but it sure is nice...and twisty!

I think you guys should take a drive to Bend. Those roads are pretty fun and you can stop at the Dechutes Brewery for lunch and a fresh brew. Then, if you really want to still drive, you can go north to I-84 near The Dalles. That's nice and twisty as well

I'll actually be in Portland this weekend, although I doubt I can get out for a drive. I'd love to meet up with you guys before you set out though!
Drat. Oh well, we can drive somewhere else. Bend or Central Oregon or Central Washington might be nice -- the weather should be warmer there! Or maybe to the coast, or... Yeah, Mike, at least come out and say "Hi" before we take off!

Marty
Well, I'll show up at Clackamas Town Center tomorrow around 10am if anyone wants to go for a drive or just stop by and hang for a while. I'll be at the same spot we've met at there before. Go west on Sunnyside road from I-205, take the first entrance with a traffic signal and look to the parking lot to the right just after turning off Sunnyside. PM me if you want my cell no.

Marty
Ahhhhhh. [censored] happens. I cant make it! I gots major stuff goin on down here, but another time, i SWEAR! Sorry!.
Bah, my weekend was crazy. I barely had time to do anyting.

I'll be back down Halloween weekend though...
© CEG Archives