Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GrooveNerd Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/17/04 07:12 AM
We're runnin' outta summer, boys and girls! (Are there any girls in the NW forum?... ) Anyway, whaddya all wanna do as far as a big 'ol meet this summer? Another beach trip and picnic/BBQ? A drive through the Cascades to eastern WA? Something else? We should be scheduling it soon so everyone can plan ahead and make it. ...And have it before the weather turns sucky more often. Is anyone leaving for school out of the area this fall? Would mid-September give everyone enough time to plan for it and not be gone yet?

Marty
Posted By: auiotour Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/17/04 11:37 AM
Mid september is good for me. lol, i have mini ceg meets all the time lol. I meet up with different peeps from here lik every other week. haha. anyways... mid september will be great. I can take it off as my floater holiday.. hehe. i love my new job.. its finally stopped kicking my ass (warehouse job, -- me out of shape lol).. We could do a BBQ, and then meet up somewhere. or vise versus would probably be better. meet up somewhere we can show our rides off to the unexpected people who come around. then drive off to my parents place of mikes parents house. Both great places for BBQs.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/17/04 12:32 PM
I'm up for just about anything as long as I can plan it ahead of time. I might even bring my car......maybe
Posted By: auiotour Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/17/04 08:29 PM
you might even bring your car with a CF hood?? yea yea?
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/17/04 11:16 PM
Get back to me shortly before you go and I'll see if I have the cash. I'm certainly interested, but money might be an issue.
Posted By: Focer Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/18/04 12:05 AM
I'm up for a meet.
Posted By: DDV Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/18/04 04:07 AM
Where?

When?

Who?

I guess those are the important questions!

I might be up for a meet/drive. Depends on how the completion of the summer project goes (building a storage shed).
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/21/04 02:13 AM
Let's do it - Vancouver, BC!!!

The weekend of Sept 4-5.

OK? OK?

- Kerry
Posted By: Focer Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/21/04 03:47 AM
...that is too damn far away...
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/21/04 04:14 AM
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Let's do it - Vancouver, BC!!!

The weekend of Sept 4-5.

Originally posted by shotwell:
I'm up for just about anything as long as I can plan it ahead of time. I might even bring my car......maybe

Originally posted by auiotour:
Mid september is good for me.

Sorry to repeat, but I really think coming to that Langley Car Show would still be cool. And it's only 30 min from Vancouver.
But if that's not cared for.....I'm up for a nicely equipped NW meet in hungcouver
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/21/04 05:00 AM
Langley would be cool, I can't come that weekend.

Let's see what the others say.
Posted By: GRN99SVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/21/04 08:19 AM
Soon I would like to see some more svt's.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/22/04 02:04 AM
Hi GRN99SVT! Welcome to CEG!
Where is Dallas Oregon anyways?

Well, I'll be attending or joining the car show, so if anyone is wanting to go, lemme know. As for a meet...I'd really want to have as many as possible, so it doens't matter when (not IF) we do it.
Poll time?
Posted By: GRN99SVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/22/04 06:41 AM
It's about 15 mi. west of salem are you in canada or washington?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/22/04 07:42 PM
I'm 60 miles east of Vancouver BC. And 10 from the Sumas Border.
Posted By: GRN99SVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/23/04 04:49 AM
I went to vancouver last year for vacation. The drive real fast and I did'nt see any police,so maybe it would be a good place to go. Than again the 4hour wait to go across the border would ruin it.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/23/04 03:38 PM
Well there are 4 border crossings, so as long as it's not a long weekend and really nice weather, it's not common to wait THAT long.

There are some nice cruises around the city, esp some with city views up the mountains and the coast
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/23/04 11:50 PM
No kidding. Your city and the area are gorgeous. I drove up to Vancouver BC to pick up my Konis from a former CEGer that bought a Mach I. And the easy ferry ride to Victoria is a treat too. Ever hit the hot springs around Tenino? (Not that a drive there would be good for a CEG ride)
Posted By: 96mercury Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 04:34 AM
Why not the portland or salem area? Vancouver is just too far.
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 04:41 AM
Hey havent posted in a long time. Im down for a meet, but i leave for ohio from aug. 31st to sept. 8th. Anytime after that would be sweet. There is a newbie here in town, i would seee if he would want to attend to.

Just to let you all know, i soon will be letting my tour go . I am looking for a different car to play around with...can you say GSX eclipse
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 07:59 AM

Dates you would be free to come to Vancouver
Aug 28
Sept 4
Sept 11
Sept 18

Vote for one day, the best for you, and if you can be free for more than 1 weekend, tell us.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 08:03 AM
Oh, I can't edit with a Poll...

Anyways, I can go to any of those days, but I think Sept 4 I might go camping, but if there was a meet here, oh I'd pass the lake up.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 08:35 AM
Originally posted by 96mercury:

portland and salem are both good for me
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 96mercury:

Because we've never had one in Vancouver.

And there was talk of it last spring...and last last summer...
Posted By: Outback Gal_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 06:56 PM
Lance and I are in Canada right now...Kelowna to be exact. We drove up through Sumas and into Abbottsford on the 16th. Border wait was just the 5 cars ahead of us...not too bad. It is crossing into Vancouver that is usually bad. We went to Surrey in April and had to wait an hour. Which was killer for me as I was 9 months pregnant! We are up here visiting Lance's folks for a couple weeks so they can spend time with their granddaughter. Too bad we don't have the Contour up with us, but it just wouldn't hold all the stuff you have to take to sustain a baby for a couple weeks!

-Christy
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/24/04 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dakmis:

Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/25/04 08:59 PM
I would be down for the 18th, My tour will be up and running by then
Posted By: Focer Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/25/04 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SVTwa:
Originally posted by Dakmis:

Posted By: DDV Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 01:25 AM
Hmmm.

The 18th might be "do-able". How far is Salem from Portland? (The last time I drove to Portland from my house, it took a little over 3 hours.)
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 02:13 AM
lol after checking out where Vancouver was it doable just give me a date and time and place
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 05:28 AM
Im in too, p-town or salem. But the 18th would work best for me. Marty you gettin in on this?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 05:58 AM
I found out my trip is on the 10-12 so I'm down for the 4th or 18th.

I think we should have 2. One for those close or in Oregon, and one for those not able to take a drive that far and can come to Vancouver. Maybe the Oregon Meet could start a new thread

DDV it's 128 Miles to Vancouver and 187 to Portland from Bothell

I'm looking for what to do when you guys come up. Obviously up a mountain or the sea-to-sky. Checking for car shows and picturesque points of interest. EDIT: there's street legal drag racing on the 3rd at mission raceway and SCCA Roadracing the 4th.

This way some of you will be able to do the Chuckanut on the way up.

Posted By: GRN99SVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 07:12 AM
I have an idea I see us locals want to do something on the 18th.Well the MT.Angel oktoberfest is going on at that time. Just an idea. for more info go to www.oktoberfest.org and let me know. web page
Posted By: auiotour Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 04:02 PM
Sorry guys, I won't be making this trip as I will have to work on this day and its to early at my new job to take a vacation day. Jeremy hope we can meet up before you sell your car.... Looks like this is gonna be a big event. If its torwards the end of the month i may be able to get it off... any holidays coming up. (not big holidays) i get a lot of them off might be able to take a saturday off in its place.
Posted By: SVTwa Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/26/04 06:10 PM
Originally posted by GRN99SVT:
I have an idea I see us locals want to do something on the 18th.Well the MT.Angel oktoberfest is going on at that time. Just an idea. for more info go to www.oktoberfest.org and let me know. web page

might be worth while ony other ideas??
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/27/04 05:36 AM
Yeah, that's not a bad idea to have two meets. Just have 'em on different days so those who want to can hit both of them!

Drat, I'm busy on the 18th, but I think the other weekends would work for me. Hopefully I'll have my wheels/tires by the time the first one happens, 'cause after that drag racing episode, I've got good-sized stripes of cord and steel belts showing on my front tires! I'm glad I didn't try to make another pass!

Marty
Posted By: Woogieman Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/28/04 04:32 PM
I'd really like to have a meet soon too. I would definately be up for a Portland/Salem meet, I'm going to try to attend the Mt. Angel O'fest as well. I wan't to get a meet in before the nice weather is gone.

Aaron
Posted By: contour_r_us Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/28/04 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Woogieman:
I'd really like to have a meet soon too. I would definately be up for a Portland/Salem meet, I'm going to try to attend the Mt. Angel O'fest as well. I wan't to get a meet in before the nice weather is gone.

Aaron

I'll second that Aaron!! I'm less than 10 miles to the Beer Gardens anyway ;-)
Posted By: Focer Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 08/29/04 04:05 AM
Damn Marty thoughs same tires? They where sure gone even back when I was them.

Id be down for a meet down her to guys. Got some stuff done on my car too.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 07:07 AM
Yeah, same tires... I'm still trying to decide what wheels to get, and since I want 17's, I can't just get tires for these wheels and swap them over. Decisions, decisions...

Marty
Posted By: FlynLow Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 02:43 PM
Just a thought....for a meet. I've put up posts about the fri. night/afternoon, car meet in Lynnwood. This could posibly be a good meet point and we could drive some place differant for a BBQ, or Go-Cart racing, or to a bar for drinks and pool/darts, or go to a good beach (weather permitting), go to down town Seattle. I don't know, just trying to get somthing going, I'm yet to meet all of you and would like to put faces to names, and get some good pics. Mabey for those that have to travle possibly hook up with a local CEG'er and crash at there house? I'm in for a meet, I'm tied up after the 18th for a few days though.

JC
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 05:51 PM
Friday's dont work for me, that is daddy time.
Posted By: Focer Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 06:04 PM
word...
Posted By: FlynLow Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 07:35 PM
Just throughing out some ideas, obviosly nothing is in stone yet. We should hold more than just one meet so every body could make at least one.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 07:41 PM
i work fri-monday nightsd 5:45-.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/01/04 08:42 PM
Hi FlynLow
Fri are always tough for most. Usually cause of work. I mean I could mae it to one of those meet things, maybe even this ri. But I don't have a set quitting time and don't know when the meet is.

Still looking for takers to come up to Vancouver for this Saturday afternoon. (Apart from me and Kerry)
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/08/04 12:48 AM
so any news?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/08/04 08:45 AM
I sorta figured out what I'm doing.
Friday is open and I don't work
Saturday going to langley car show then camping till sunday. Again, I'm up for a mini meet at the show. The local cougar chapter I heard is going too (but maybe they don't bite like the eastern cougs)
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/11/04 06:33 AM
What happened to a meet??? Rain is coming ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/11/04 05:14 PM
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/11/04 11:05 PM
Somebody please pick a time and a place. I'll see if I can make it.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/14/04 06:31 AM
Originally posted by LuckySVT:
What happened to a meet??? Rain is coming ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

i have been ready for a meet since our mini meet.

come on someone say a time and place.
Posted By: FlynLow Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/14/04 05:57 PM
some one!!! should just pick a time and place and see who can make it.

some one up north should set one up, and some one down south should set one. If you can make both, great, but try and make one....

Thats my 2 cents
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/15/04 02:21 AM
Originally posted by FlynLow:
some one!!! should just pick a time and place and see who can make it.

some one up north should set one up, and some one down south should set one. If you can make both, great, but try and make one....

Thats my 2 cents

Tried that, the ones from south lured the ones from the north and took that little glimmer of hope away, and didn't even try to meet

...Anyways...

Who can come up this saturday to Vancouver?
I am looking into where to go what to do for a half a day.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/15/04 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

me
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/15/04 04:21 AM
Ppl who post the most intersting shots of their car are more than welcome too
Posted By: FlynLow Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/15/04 03:16 PM

I cant I have a soccor game to coach, and a pistol match to shoot.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/15/04 05:45 PM
You shoot in pistol matches? Tell me more.
Posted By: FlynLow Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/16/04 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Beowulf:
You shoot in pistol matches? Tell me more.

Not to get off topic of this thread.....It is a military pistol shoot with the M9. The possibility for a metal, and points twards a Nationally rated metal.

2 mags., 5 rounds each
One handed @ 25 yds.
2.5 min. for each mag
Single action

2 mags., 5 rounds each
Two handed @ 25 yds.
20 sec. for each mag.
Single action

1 mag., 10 rounds
Two handed @ 25 yds.
4 sec. per round
Double action

Out of a possible 300 points, it takes a 145 to qualify and only the top 10% of those will metal.

........Anyway do we meet CEG'ers anyway.
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/16/04 11:04 PM
Sweet.

Is it limited to the military or just a shoot limited to the M9/Beretta 92?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/17/04 03:50 PM
Ok, there's a wee car show in Cloverdale (not far from border) Clicky. You can see that on the way up? But prolly no time to.

Then a jaunt to N Vancouver to Cypress Lookout-a view of the city! (And a few good car shots)
Then thru Stanley Park to Spanish Banks to rest by the beach and snap up some good pics.

any takers now
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/22/04 05:48 AM
ok how about a meet at an autocross event

sunday oct 3rd
mission st les schwab
2350 misson st
salen, or

Morning run groups
7:30-8:45am registration, tech, course walk
8:45-9:00am drivers meeting
9:00-12:00 a-h stock classes run and street touring

Afternoon run groups
11:30-12:45 registration, tech, course walk, lunch
12:45-1:00pm drivers meeting
1:00-4:00pm a-f street prepared, a-f mod prepared, OSPO&OSPU

Cost
$21 per driver
$16 for wmc members
$35 total if you become a wmc member the day of the event

more information on www.WMClub.org
email: info@wmclub.org
call: Charles Cope 503-316-9873
Nick Krammer 503-315-9821

stock svts are in gstock class, so we can run in both groups
i think im going to try and be in the afternoon group, but if there is enough going to the morning group i will make the effort to go
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/23/04 03:28 AM
That would require almost everyone in the NW group to drive south...sorry. Can't make it.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/23/04 07:40 AM
Originally posted by shotwell:
That would require almost everyone in the NW group to drive south...sorry. Can't make it.

sorry, i didn't plan this i just thought i would share with you guys with something i plan on attending. it would be cool to see some other ceg guys running around. maybe if we could get something planned closer to you guys i might be able to attend that.

if anyone is close enough it would be cool to see you there
Posted By: 96mercury Re: Summer Meet, Anyone? - 09/26/04 03:53 AM
Thats about 5 minutes from my place. Assuming I have time with school I might stop by.
© CEG Archives