Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Loco4G63 Everyone that came to Chicago - 08/20/03 06:51 AM
I just wanted to say thanks. Everyone from the CCEG (and Heather) that showed up and helped.....thanks. I hope ya'll had fun. I hope it was worth it for all of you to come out the Chicago area and hope to see ya'll again. It may not have been as big as it would/should have been but it was great hanging out with everyone. Thanks for a great time.

Hector
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Everyone that came to Chicago - 08/20/03 08:37 PM
It was well worth it. I had a blast. Great group of people ya'll!! We have to do it again sometime. Hector and Mikey thanks for putting it together. The meet may have been small, but it had alot of heart.
Posted By: TORSVT6 AN I MISSED IT? - 08/20/03 08:51 PM
dang, and i missed it... i wish i had heard about this forum a year ago when i bought my SVT!

well i hope some of you will come out and meet me sometime...:) i hung out with the SHOcago guys the other week they are cool but cant stop bragging about how big their car club is! anyway i hope to meet some of you!

Andy
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/20/03 09:16 PM
We're (or should I say I'm?) going to try and have an IL/WI meet at the drag strip soon. Check out my post in the W. Great Lakes forum. That, and the north side of Chicagoland isn't that much of a drive for me for regular Chicago meets. Maybe we can actually get a dyno session put together?

(ducks) Hey, who threw that?
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/20/03 09:19 PM
I'm in Chicago again on Sept. 6 for the week.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 01:13 AM
Originally posted by TORSVT6:
dang, and i missed it... i wish i had heard about this forum a year ago when i bought my SVT!

well i hope some of you will come out and meet me sometime...:) i hung out with the SHOcago guys the other week they are cool but cant stop bragging about how big their car club is! anyway i hope to meet some of you!

Andy

What part of Chicago are you from? I live near the Montrose and Nagle area by the new Wright college.
Posted By: shaun252 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 04:00 AM
Thanks for putting the meet together hector and mikey it was fun.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 07:48 AM
Well let's try to get something together the week of the 8th on that Friday.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 10:51 AM
I had a blast!
Posted By: TORSVT6 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
What part of Chicago are you from? I live near the Montrose and Nagle area by the new Wright college.

well im in the northwest suburbs...
Locochick,
on the 6th of september im going to a Wisconsin /Illinois/ minnisota gathering for 3000 GT's / Stealths, you are more than welcom to hang out with us! the most of em are nice guys, and gals.

we shoudl have something the 7th that sunday! how bout an illinois Wisconsin gatheing near Gurnee and then drive up to GLD? i would be interested in that!

Andy
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 02:29 PM
Except there's no open racing on Sundays. Friday the 12th is open; Heather are you in town for that?

If we're going to talk about a drag meet, check out the open dates and info I posted here.
Posted By: TORSVT6 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 03:08 PM
Originally posted by hetfield:
Except there's no open racing on Sundays. Friday the 12th is open; Heather are you in town for that?

If we're going to talk about a drag meet, check out the open dates and info I posted here.

we dont even need to go to the strip we coudl all just cruis around and maybe take in some of the sites! do some stuff you all didnt get to do when everyone was here! maybe drive downtown? something. since people will be in town might as well take advantage!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 04:19 PM

we dont even need to go to the strip we coudl all just cruis around and maybe take in some of the sites! do some stuff you all didnt get to do when everyone was here! maybe drive downtown? something. since people will be in town might as well take advantage!

That may be cool.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/21/03 11:57 PM
Sure, fine, make me drive all the way down there again! Sheesh!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/22/03 03:40 AM

we shoudl have something the 7th that sunday! how bout an illinois Wisconsin gatheing near Gurnee and then drive up to GLD? i would be interested in that!

Andy

I gots the hook up at the Krispy Kreme in Gurnee too you know!
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: AN I MISSED IT? - 08/22/03 04:50 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2:

That may be cool.

That would be very cool. I will be in town that weekend. I am hoping to have LOTS of interviews for the week of the 8th through the 12th. I applied to 17 jobs just tonight on monster.com. Come on, Schwartz!
Posted By: TORSVT6 AND I MISSED IT? - 08/22/03 12:12 PM
OK then! tell us when you have interviews! and what you have planned on what days! and we wilil schedule around that! should someone start planning stuff to do? or maybe places to meet? there are a bunch of SVT's and contours around here that im sure are not apart of this group, hell i lived like two blocks away from a guy who had an SVT and now i live like three blocks from another one! all of em are black like mine! hmmmm coinkedink! let us know!

who else is in the chicago land area?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: AND I MISSED IT? - 08/22/03 05:34 PM

Me.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: AND I MISSED IT? - 08/22/03 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2:

Me.

me too.
© CEG Archives