Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kremithefrog Suggestion - 12/18/02 07:40 AM
Let me get a suggestion in, in advance, two years in advance. how about 04 nat meet in atlanta, there is a lot to do there and i could attend.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Suggestion - 12/18/02 11:03 PM
NFW! It's way too hot there in the summer!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/19/02 02:03 AM
i think 04 has already been decided that it will be back in michigan.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/19/02 07:14 AM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
NFW! It's way too hot there in the summer!
no it's not. well, maybe to ya'll yankees, but as long as you ain't gonna do too much work (like fencing in your dad's backyard ), it's pretty comfortable. and 04 is already decided???? ok, how about 05 make it in atlanta, i'll get the whole thing together. i'll be living there by then (going to GA-tech hopefully).
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Suggestion - 12/20/02 07:34 AM
I saw we all meet in the middle of the country...makes it easy on everyone....and hey...I'll be at the SEMA show in Las Vegas next year for work...Id love to see some of you guys there!!

Roz
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Suggestion - 12/20/02 07:58 AM
I came from Hong Kong. It's hotter and more humid there in the summer. I absolutely hated it! Not that I like the Winter here...

Jim, SZ04 is in Michigan, but National is undecided.
Posted By: SVTJoe_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/20/02 03:09 PM
I vote for Atlanta, also. Got vote for the home city.

Joe
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/21/02 05:29 PM
Originally posted by rozwell911:
I saw we all meet in the middle of the country...makes it easy on everyone....and hey...I'll be at the SEMA show in Las Vegas next year for work...Id love to see some of you guys there!!

Roz

omaha's about as middle of the country as you can get, come to sz03!!!
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Suggestion - 12/22/02 09:41 PM
i say atlanta also
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/23/02 06:40 PM
I think EVERYBODY wants to have it in their home town. So yeah.... I vote Atlanta too. I kind of think it ought to be moved around the country so those who want to come year after year get to see different parts of the country as well as get a ishload of contours and mystiques together. If it's too far of a drive, oh well, see you next year, aparently it was that important to ya anyways. I'm going to Chicago and Omaha so why not come to my town. I would be willing to play a hand in organization as well. I will still have my CSVT then, because I've only begun to mod it, it will take a little while to get all that money together to do what I want to it. PLUS WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST AUTOCROSS TRACKS IN THE WORLD. Road Atlanta in case you don't know, Audi, Volkswagen and a few foreign car companies test most of their sports cars out there. Plus we have a Taurus factory, what more could you want????

Atlanta '04!!!!

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/27/02 08:20 AM
i actually think atlanta is a good idea. we could do it in, say september of 04 (or late august, november). i'd be willing to get it organized and atlanta has a lot to do. andretti speed labs, road atlanta ($2000+safety fees a day i think to rent the 1 mile road course, too expensive i know)., plenty of hotels, plenty of everything. good location for Eastern side of things (05 should be out west). the taurus factory looks sorta boring (i guess the outside of most factories look boring though ). anybody not from georgia have an opinion on this?
Posted By: BOFH Re: Suggestion - 12/29/02 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
i actually think atlanta is a good idea. we could do it in, say september of 04 (or late august, november). i'd be willing to get it organized and atlanta has a lot to do. andretti speed labs, road atlanta ($2000+safety fees a day i think to rent the 1 mile road course, too expensive i know)., plenty of hotels, plenty of everything. good location for Eastern side of things (05 should be out west). the taurus factory looks sorta boring (i guess the outside of most factories look boring though ). anybody not from georgia have an opinion on this?

That's not so far fetched.

Think about it, twenty or thirty people ponyed up $50 for about 30-60 minutes of track time at Gingerman at Spring Zing 02. That's getting close to your $2K. Depending on what the safety fees are, even at $4K for the track, that is a heck of a bargain for say 40-50 folks to use the track.

I'd be in for $100 for a day of track time. So hop to it and find out what a day really costs. I'm sure we could split time with another group, like a local SCCA or NASA chapter.

FWIW,

TB
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/29/02 03:54 PM
Ya know it really isn't that bad. I'd love to have that track all to our selves for a day. If 50 people dropped $50 on it, thats $2500 right there, I'd be willing to put in more like $75, so if others would do the same we wouldn't even have to share with another group.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/29/02 04:27 PM
my bad, it's not road atlanta that those prices are for. i don't see anything about renting roadatlanta, but this should be just as good. it's for atlanta motor speedway. track rental $2000 for 1 mile road course + $800 safety fee. maybe we could get some sponsors and/or maybe a possible deal from atl motor speedway (doubtful though). just a thought.
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/29/02 05:56 PM
Kermit, I think we could make this work dude. Lets stay on it. I'll see if I can find something out about Road Atlanta too. At the meet on the 18th we can further discuss this and rally support from the other southerners. We do need non-southern support as well though.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/30/02 07:49 AM
cool, i would like to hear others (non southern) opinions on this. i just thought of one thing. let's try to keep everything out of downtown atlanta. i'm sure you know about the traffic there.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Suggestion - 12/30/02 12:30 PM
well atlanta isn't that far from chi-town...
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 12/31/02 04:01 AM
Hmmmmmm.... I am intrigued....
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/31/02 07:34 AM
i imagine will be getting some more info late january, early february, and maybe throw it up on the general board since noone looks in here. glad to see there is some interest.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Suggestion - 12/31/02 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
well atlanta isn't that far from chi-town...

Well not really.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 12/31/02 07:26 PM
about 11 hours drive.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Suggestion - 12/31/02 09:24 PM
about 11 hours drive.

little over 11.... takes me about 9 to get to my sister's house in huntsville AL and if I remember correctly she says atlanta is a but a 4-5 hours drive so figure in my speeds over what she3 would drive it in so say 3 hours or so.
Posted By: robzride_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 01/01/03 01:56 AM
i know i would be interested. road atlanta or atlanta motor speedway would be a blast. course i'm only 5 hours away.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 01/01/03 06:54 AM
11hours 40minutes at speed limit, so that's why i said 11, though then i guess gotta factor traffic in.
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: Suggestion - 01/01/03 10:08 AM
11hours 40minutes at speed limit, so that's why i said 11, though then i guess gotta factor traffic in.

what are these speed limits you speak of all I know of are those suggested speeds that are posted
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Suggestion - 01/02/03 07:00 AM

what are these speed limits you speak of all I know of are those suggested speeds that are posted

That is what I thought.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 01/02/03 03:04 PM
A little under 9 from my door to where my daughter and her mom used to live in Huntsville, depends on if I'm driving or not!
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Suggestion - 01/02/03 03:41 PM
I'm coming to chicago ya bastards , you guys outa come down to the ATL next year!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Suggestion - 01/02/03 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Hector:

That is what I thought.

well, i almost got pulled over doing 20mph over the suggested speed yesterday. luckily he couldn't get across the wet median in time.
© CEG Archives