Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/16/02 12:38 PM
Seeing these new forums gives me renewed interest in my SVT . So when is SZ-03 ?? I'm ready ...
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/16/02 04:48 PM
Shooting for the First weekend in May in SE Michigan, but we are definately behind in planning it because of my recent relocation and other events.
-Mark
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/16/02 10:09 PM
How long you ask? TOO LONG !!!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/17/02 01:57 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by MiStEGRYM
Shooting for the First weekend in May in SE Michigan, but we are definately behind in planning it because of my recent relocation and other events.
-Mark

Date mentally noted , Mark ... bring it on !!! What the "recent relocation" deal ?? You're not at Lane anymore ??
Do you still have your SVT?

-Antonio
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/19/02 02:07 PM
I was "removed" from the Lane Automotive Employee Roster in June. I have sinced moved to SE Michigan and took a job in a certain division of Ford.
Antonio... Yeah I still have it.

-Mark
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/19/02 09:28 PM
Sounds to me like it wasn't too 'amicable' of a split-up . Sorry to hear it . Tell me more 'bout your new job ... now that you've peaked my curiosity . I hope you have lots of sucess there , Mark !
Posted By: contourd_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/20/02 07:03 PM
I am comming up from Florida This comming year... Can't wait...
Posted By: Davo Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/21/02 10:51 AM
I'd love to come, but in the first week of May I'll be taking my last college undergrad exams ever!!....so a week or two in either direction would be best for me.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/21/02 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
I'd love to come, but in the first week of May I'll be taking my last college undergrad exams ever!!....so a week or two in either direction would be best for me.

We already had this argument earlier this year, first weekend it stays.
-Mark
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/24/02 10:59 AM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

We already had this argument earlier this year, first weekend it stays.
-Mark
So about the same time as last year. Cool.
Posted By: svtsoboss Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/24/02 03:32 PM
too far would like to go though. but oh well some day.
Posted By: TGO Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/28/02 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Milan007:
How long you ask? TOO LONG !!!

agreed....
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 08/28/02 07:03 PM
For next year's Spring Zing, invite reps from Mazda to show the new '6' sedan with the updated Duratec.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 09/16/02 06:03 AM
Originally posted by 2000v6SE:
For next year's Spring Zing, invite reps from Mazda to show the new '6' sedan with the updated Duratec.

PLEEEEEEEEZEEEEEE
/me humps marks leg and begs
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 09/22/02 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:

PLEEEEEEEEZEEEEEE

You would hump anyones leg . J/K Matt. But that would be cool if they can bring one on over.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 09/25/02 08:49 AM

PLEEEEEEEEZEEEEEE
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 09/29/02 10:40 AM
Should I drove all the way from California next year and then have to go all the way back to Sturgis for a friends wedding/party in June??

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 09/30/02 11:27 PM
I think I might be able to make it to SZ this year (no finals ). You wanna room together, Mike?
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 10/02/02 12:29 AM
Sure Dereck, as long as I can make it.
Posted By: jlanger_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 10/07/02 03:14 AM
Where abouts in SE Michigan? I'm seriously considering coming out this year, SE Mich and Omaha aren't too far for me so I should almost be able to make it to both. Any cheap places to stay?
Posted By: AirKnight Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 10/07/02 03:44 AM
Finals week May 1st to May 8th... Hopefully I won't have a Saturday exam again. If I do, then you don't get to see the 1st 3L 95.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/02/02 09:44 PM
Any updates on this?

Getting spring mods and trips - SZ 03 (May), American Iron Shootout (May), Ford Nationals (May) into the budget!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/03/02 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Any updates on this?

Getting spring mods and trips - SZ 03 (May), American Iron Shootout (May), Ford Nationals (May) into the budget!

Hate to say this but its not looking good. We might not have a SZ this year
Posted By: Davo Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/03/02 12:49 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Any updates on this?

We may not have a SZ in Michigan this year.
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/03/02 02:47 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Any updates on this?

We may not have a SZ in Michigan this year.

Why not?
Posted By: Static Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/04/02 08:07 PM
well unless I get out of some debt then I wont be there either
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/05/02 04:43 PM
Where's SZ going to be?
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/05/02 07:29 PM
There is a considerably large thread on the subject in the general forum.
-Mark
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/05/02 10:53 PM
-Mark
But it won't be there for long... and that is a major problem---

I just love the part of trying to inform everybody on here! I sent PMs to both Lance and Perry requesting that the threads on the two major meets be frozen at the top, but we'll see if it actually happens...

This has to be one of the most frustrating parts of organizing these things. Yeah, today those threads are here, but in a few weeks they will be gone and forgoten. There needs to be a way to keep this in the spot light at all times...
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/06/02 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
-Mark
But it won't be there for long... and that is a major problem---

I just love the part of trying to inform everybody on here! I sent PMs to both Lance and Perry requesting that the threads on the two major meets be frozen at the top, but we'll see if it actually happens...

This has to be one of the most frustrating parts of organizing these things. Yeah, today those threads are here, but in a few weeks they will be gone and forgoten. There needs to be a way to keep this in the spot light at all times...

Agreed...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/06/02 02:17 AM
I just went onto www.mapquest and picked a hotel at random just to see how far it was. I came up with 755 miles and 12 hours, no sweat Let the countdown begin.....
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/06/02 03:24 AM
Mark - thanks, I never check the general forum.
913 miles and 16 hrs. If it's pushed back those two weeks, I'm there.
It could be dangerous for me to go to SZ, though...my CEG and mod addiction is pretty bad these days.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/06/02 11:18 PM
derk, two words

ramen noodles

thank you please come again
Posted By: m!key Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/06/02 11:44 PM
ok who wants to get the biggest freakin' contour convoy together since the KC plant openned for the trek to nebraska? we best start planning now cause it is going to be huge! i cant wait.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/07/02 02:07 AM

ramen noodles

LOL! I was thinking more along the lines of:
dehydrated potatoes
or
refried beans

Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/07/02 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Mark - thanks, I never check the general forum.
913 miles and 16 hrs. If it's pushed back those two weeks, I'm there.
It could be dangerous for me to go to SZ, though...my CEG and mod addiction is pretty bad these days.

900 miles in 12 hours! My g/f and I have done that like 4 times, to MI and back, from NJ.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/08/02 06:14 PM
derk, two words

ramen noodles

thank you please come again

There was a kid in my school died from malnutrition because all he ate was Ramen Noodles for a whole year.
Posted By: m!key Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/08/02 06:17 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:

There was a kid in my school died from malnutrition because all he ate was Ramen Noodles for a whole year.

nuh uh! but there was a kid in my school that ate pop rocks and drank a coke who's stomach exploded.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/08/02 07:29 PM
LOL
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/09/02 09:01 PM
Originally posted by AirKnight:

I have a degree in nutrition...I could see severe malnutrition, but I dunno about death.
Still, Ramen shouldn't be considered "food." It's more like processed stuff that once was food.

Still, I think I can come up w/ better ways to save money for a trip to SZ. Running and cycling work up a serious appitite, so I can't deprive myself of precious nutrients that my body needs. Ok ok...I'll stop talking nutrition now.
Posted By: CanadianContendr Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/13/02 06:34 AM
SE mi. I'm up for my first spring zing exp. Date sounds kinda ugly tho.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/13/02 07:44 AM
woohoo our first canadian!!
Posted By: AirKnight Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/14/02 08:43 PM
Originally posted by CanadianContendr:
SE mi. I'm up for my first spring zing exp. Date sounds kinda ugly tho.

It's in Omaha NE not SE MI this year.
Posted By: CanadianContendr Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/15/02 04:37 PM
Either way, I'm going.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/15/02 11:00 PM
Originally posted by CanadianContendr:
Either way, I'm going.

now thats the spirit!!!
Posted By: CanadianContendr Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/16/02 03:58 AM
Quick question. What's the drinking age in Nebraska? I'm only 19
Posted By: TGO Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/16/02 04:13 AM
Hmm...I've got 5,000 mile son Continental Airlines to spend any way I see fit.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/16/02 04:14 AM
drinking age is 21 in nebraska, this meet is not bout getting hammered though, lots of people didnt drink last year and had a great time!
Posted By: CanadianContendr Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/16/02 04:28 AM
Still, beers are nice to have once an' awhile
Posted By: CanadianContendr Re: How long till Spring Zing 03 ?? - 12/16/02 05:55 AM
Not that i'm an alcoholic. Does anybody know how far NE is from detroit? My maps say 750mi? Maybe i'm just a dumb Canuck Hope to see you all there.
© CEG Archives