Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 PCM question - 01/23/03 08:05 PM
As some of you know I am buying the vortech from phatsvt pretty soon. Assuming that the ecu code is different, I am trying to get everything lined up. I called vortech and they said to call superchips. OK. Called superchips and this is what they told me

1. get a dyno with air/fuel ratio
2. take it to my local dealer
3. have them request a custom burn with the a/f
4. superchip sends them the code and they reburn my chip

My question is if sam would be willing (I haven't asked him yet), would it be easier to just swap PCMs, chip and all? Is it possible?

If sam reads this, please pm me and tell me what you think. I really don't want to track down a dyno with a/f capability (or pay for it for that matter).
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/23/03 10:37 PM
It is possible to swap computers, but you have to reprogram to get around PATS to do so. However, what Superchips is recommending is that you get a custom tuned chip which is going to be better in any case. However, there is a small flaw in the whole process they tell you. You have to have the chip coded to your computer with the vortech program before you hop on a dyno, that is unless you want your pistons extra crispy. Personally I prefer mine to be regular have tried the extra crispy version and finding them a bit "pricey" Hehe.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/24/03 01:44 AM
Chuckle, chuckle. Extra crispy.

I forgot about the pats system.

What they want me to do is get my stock a/f map from a dyno. Then the dealer will request a custom program form and submit it with the results. then, superchip will make a downloadable "custom" program for my car with the vortech and the dealer download and burn it onto my chip. This process will probably take a month!

I wish Vortech would reprogram the chip for me.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/24/03 03:52 AM
Hmmm sounds like they are jacking you around big time. So, they want you to dyno without the vortech in place and then send them the info? I'm not sure what they are after there?! You can't dyno with the vortech in place and no chip so that's about the only option. I just can't figure out why they need a dyno without the vortech since they've got all the stock programs all ready not to mention they are the ones that do the program for vortech. Sounds fishy to me.

Rick
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/24/03 06:24 AM
Well I called them (Vortech) and asked them how I would get a superchip reprogramed for my car with the supercharger and they said I have to get in touch with superchip for that. I guess I can see if I can just buy the chip new from vortech. Maybe money will motivate them to help me out.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 03:20 AM
The stars have aligned and the zeta reticuli is on course! We have the same code.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 03:24 AM
Must be NICE!

If I leave anything to chance, I end up getting F**ked! Everytime! That is why I plan everything in an Anal fashion to the minutiae.
Good to hear though, good luck.

warmonger
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 03:42 AM
I know how you feel. that is why I'm so stoked right now. I hit every red light every time I try to go somewhere. When people ride with me they always comment on how many red lights we hit. I just tell them it is me. what can I do about it?
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 05:22 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Must be NICE!

IfI end up getting F**ked in an Anal fashion to Good.

warmonger

Wow Tom is there something we didn't know about you?!?

Hehe, sorry I'm feeling ornary tonight and you left a perfect opening for some creative editing.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Wow Tom is there something about you?!?
Hehe, I'm feeling your left opening for some ting.

You both are just sick.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 95Mike:
Well I called them (Vortech) and asked them how I would get a superchip reprogramed for my car with the supercharger and they said I have to get in touch with superchip for that. I guess I can see if I can just buy the chip new from vortech. Maybe money will motivate them to help me out.

Sounds familiar about reprogramming the chip. When I called Vortech about the 2 Autologic chips that they sent me, neither one would even allow the car to start, they sent me a Superchip. Why? Because they asked me what chips worked with my SVT. Now, I noticed with all (or many) of the Vortech runs, including mine, the secondaries open at 3800rpm at WOT. I would like to see it kick at 3500rpm where it used to be (in my case SFG0) at WOT. Called Vortech, they washed their hands clean and stated that Superchips makes the program and Superchips will have to make any changes for you, and at your cost. Well, you don't want to know what I said about that. Now if I could only get Diablo off their a$$e$ and get them to support this community, I would be playing with custom Diablo chips. However, they don't assist us and they give us the run around cause this is a "small" market unlike Mustangs and Ford Trucks. F... them. Gotta figure out a way or find out how to make our own programs using their read/write interface.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 11:47 PM
Ooh! That is a good job at taking words out of context.

I think you need to go into journalism and leave the car biz!

warmonger
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/25/03 11:49 PM
Both of you!

Takes some creative imagination I tell ya.

You guys deserve each other...hehe

warmonger
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/26/03 05:21 PM
What can I say, you guys just bring out the best in me! Now that we've pretty much hijacked this poor guys post. LOL At least we gave him some good info before taking it over.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: PCM question - 01/26/03 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Now that we've jacked this guy. LOL At least we gave him some good taking it.

What's going on?
© CEG Archives