Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SILVER SVT Fuel??? - 12/17/02 11:33 PM
Yesturday i put some fuel boost in the tank and put it up to 104 and the car seems to run good and best it has ever ran has any one else ran higher like 110
???
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Fuel??? - 12/18/02 12:51 AM
Originally posted by SILVER SVT:
Yesturday i put some fuel boost in the tank and put it up to 104 and the car seems to run good and best it has ever ran has any one else ran higher like 110

Placebo effect!

One full bottle of even the best octane boost will not give you more than 1 full octane point. (that would be an octane jump of 10 as the bottles rate them in tenths!)
If you used the 104 products (except maybe the black offroad formula) you hurt performance (been tested - it sucks)

Yes the SVT can tell the difference between fuel up to 93 octane. (00 especially due to it's CR) However it will not be immediately felt unless you reset the PCM & then it would still take 1 full driving cycle to relearn. It would take a little longer for the PCM to adapt on it's own after learning to drive on the lower grade.

Moral of the story is run the best fuel you can find to begin with and do not use any form of octane booster unless you truly need it. Then only use a tried and true booster (very few!) or better yet mix your own with some Zylene.
Posted By: Superperk_dup1 Re: Fuel??? - 12/18/02 03:48 AM
The BP down here in orlando sells 110 octane at the pump now...
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Fuel??? - 12/18/02 10:43 PM
The BP in Oxford sells 110 at the pump and i was wondering if i would do any damang if i ran it i should be allright i think? I uses some boost that was from preston called 0-60 boost and it said 10 points to 25 gallons and i put it in with 15 gallons and it run excellent now
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: Fuel??? - 12/19/02 03:19 AM
Read, learn, don't post usless stuff again How octane works
© CEG Archives