Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Weed_Man Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 03:03 AM
I notice a lot of you using Nitrous... I know its inexpensive but... I have some questions...

What size injectors do contours use? Increasing the injector size and upgrading the fuel pump would be a nice mod...

Has anyone ever considered buying a scrapped RWD car and using it to turn a contour into a rwd car?

How bout forced induction... superchargers...turbos... I know its a lil off the wall, but a nice turbo/intercooler never hurt anybody

I just dont like nitrous... nitrous in general screams rice... it bothers me.

Just curious, thanks

I mean, If some of you have SVT's running 14's with the juice, imagine a 14g turbo on there running about 20 lbs of boost. Of course, doing this might require new pistons and rods... I donno too much about contours
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 04:42 AM
I suggest you do some research before you spout off such nonsense as that...
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I suggest you do some research before you spout off such nonsense as that...

Ditto

And post this in the Forced Induction section for more appropreate responses.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 07:24 PM
IIRC(and I am not an expert either, man...)

The Turbo is not off the wall.. infact there is one being offered, for the tours... however you can't run more than about 9#, I believe...

RWD? ouch.. not going there.

Oh.. BTW.. tours use either
19-21, or maybe its is 17-19, for tour's and SVT's, respectively.. Look in to it, to get the right set, I don't know for sure.

Do a little research.. weed man...

Ray

Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 07:36 PM
IndyTour-98 Contour LX V6 MTX-100 shot nitrous-Street
.536/ 2.283/ 5.982/ ?/ ?/ ?/ 13.868/ 103.1
Indianapolis Raceway Park

That doesn't exactly scream rice as most Nitro Hondas still run in the high 14's!

-Andy
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Question(s) about the 'Tour - 09/04/02 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ANDYW:
That doesn't exactly scream rice as most Nitro Hondas still run in the high 14's!

-Andy

I agree. I raced a NOS Honda who had a 75-100 shot and we were dead even at 14.7 @ 96. I even spun the first 20 feet and still tracked him down on the top end. (his 2.2x 60' to my 2.4x 60')

Silly Honduh's...
© CEG Archives