Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Oh man, what can I say. I love it!

I went for a ride in Chris Wong's supercharged SVT and it hauls ASS. It sounds sweet too. Now I need more power. I used to have a high 12 second 5.0 and I can swear that the top end power of this contour is equivalent to my 5.0 which had work done. I'm very very impressed.

Wish I had $$$$$. I'd get one in a heartbeat!

Posted By: PXRacing Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 08/31/02 06:20 AM
I'm actually debating to install a Vortech and using a Aquamist Water Injection w/water spray control unit. It helps to be a Vortech Distributor...
That would be very nice. Now all I have to do is get a ride in a turbo contour to see which I like more. I really liked the smooth power delivery of the supercharged contour. Nice..very nice.

Posted By: TGO Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 08/31/02 03:44 PM
Really cool isn't it? After riding in Marks car at spring zing I was hooked as well....you can hardly tell when you're really coming under boost, until you look down and you're approaching 120!! Really cool....really really cool.....

If i ever get the money I'm not sure whether or not I will go for a turbo or a SC though.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/01/02 08:59 PM
what kind of ET was you friend running with his vortech on his svt i can get my hands on one really cheap and wondering it NOS is the way or blower is the way to go i heard you get about 100hp out of the blower and was it a pain to install it??? any info would be greatly aprreicated
Posted By: TGO Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/02/02 05:09 AM
It is a pain to install...but the choice is up to you. The SC is obviously more expensive but the power increase is always there as opposed to how long your bottle lasts...The lowest ET i've ever seen is 14.1 PhatSVT Ran it I think...that's for a supercharged contour. I think someone ran a 13.7 with a 100hp shot of nitrous, and it was a non SVT duratec too! The major problem is traction, not power. Again, these are not drag cars either. With 300+ hp at the crank, the tranny is inenough danger on street tires, strap on slicks and stuff WILL start to snap on you.
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/02/02 08:53 AM
yeah i can pick up the sc for 2700 and still thinking of what way is better i know that with a 100 shot of nos you can get into the high 13's but it is a pain to install that about 8hrs think i heard it takes and that is a gear drivin sc and you have to relocate your battery to the truck
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/03/02 10:35 PM
I think the s/c install runs about 12hrs or more. 2700 is an awesome price, and the new vortech kits haven't (yet) had the failures that the first vortech kits had. Make sure to ask Mark (worldtour) about his s/c oiling solution...something about a loop in the oil line...
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/03/02 10:36 PM
BTW...where's Chris Wong? He hasn't posted about his new mod yet??? I'm going to go check his website.
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/03/02 10:43 PM
Derek

I have been posting in the Eastern Canada section.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/04/02 06:29 PM
I took a ride in Chris' SVT this past Saturday and all I can say is WOW! It pulls so hard, particularly at higer RPM's. I would find it hard to control myself with all that power under my right foot. With the new tranny and the DMD that thing is smooth as glass and strangly enough very quiet. The only noise that can be heard from under the hood is the whistling of the SC. Gotta love it.
Someone needs to ask Micah about the ride I gave him at SZ02... I had to let off so he could start breathing again! haha
-Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/04/02 08:17 PM
i want a ride too.
Posted By: TGO Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/04/02 10:59 PM
Yeah or how at like 120 you almost lost your sunroof!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/05/02 04:10 AM
Mmmm... ... supercharger stories.
Chris, I'm going to check eastern Canada section right now.
Posted By: Pascal_dup1 Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/06/02 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SILVER SVT:
what kind of ET was you friend running with his vortech on his svt i can get my hands on one really cheap and wondering it NOS is the way or blower is the way to go i heard you get about 100hp out of the blower and was it a pain to install it??? any info would be greatly aprreicated

Don't take this bad, but ever thought you bought the wrong car to turn into a drag racer?? A boosted SVT probably has a hard time beating a dead stock Integra Type-R on the 1/4 mile...

I'd love to see the S/C and turbo guys running in the 13's all the time but that's not even happening right now.. All the while, the VW crowd is happily digging into the 12's with absolutely streetable 1.8 liter engines. The Contour is no drag racing machine...

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/06/02 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Pascal:
The Contour is no drag racing machine...

I second that! If you don't believe it, just ask the tranny!
Despite it's inability to drag, it's one hell of a car all around.

wow...you really went out on a limb there!

As far as the Integra Type-R comment...what do they run high 14's? Give me a s/c'd or turbo SVT and I would gladly take one on. As I'm sure anyone with a boosted svt would.

So what if the vdubs are digging into 12's. Everyone knows that they are capable of that. I guess my point is, some people like to be different. I had someone ask me a few days ago what all I had done to my SVT then he said "Why didn't you just buy you an import and soup it up?" Thats why I didn't. Thats what is expected. If you have a 13 second civic or something similar, you are in the company of thousands of others and thousands of others who are faster than you. However, if you have a 13 sec. contour, thats another story. Thats why its so great to see all of the work that has gone into the turbo kit and other modifications. People love these cars and are trying to be different.

This post was not intended to be a flame, just a point that I wanted to make.

-neal

Tell it to the wagon:

But definitely, a Contour would require much, much more modification than many other cars to achieve the same E/T.
that pic is badass, whre is that? Australia?

Originally posted by Ausgedient:
Tell it to the wagon:

But definitely, a Contour would require much, much more modification than many other cars to achieve the same E/T.
Sweden, IIRC
-mark
Posted By: SILVER SVT Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/06/02 09:44 PM
yeah i know that this cars are not to made a race car and i just want to add some power with style to make this car some what quick. I know that i have heard that the trans are weak on the car but that what warrenty is for i have 100,000 mile warrenty so that is why i am thinking of just the spray but i dont really want to take any chances tho.
Posted By: PXRacing Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/11/02 02:06 AM
Contour/Mondeo Platform has been used in BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) and is a very good race car platform.

If you folks think a car's race worthiness is decided buy how well it moves down the 1/4 mile then you don't know what racing is. Though in BTCC the destroked 2.5 to 2Liter is set back into the firewall for better weight distribution and the car is completely gutted, the platform of the car is still intact and was good enough for I think the 99' or 00' season BTCC Championship (Same year Nissan elected to remove the Primeria from competition).

Let's just say, if you plan to ever take a vacation in Hawaii, come to O'ahu and hope that there is a racing event that week so you can see how well a Race Car a street Tour can be on a Closed Road Coarse. You'll be shocked to see what it can do, of course with your's truly behind the wheel

Just for the Untrained Minds, the contour lacks a limited slip diff and doesn't have quite the 60/40 weight balance and lightness of a Drag Car. Install a Quaife, run Drag Radials and the ability to stiffen the rear Struts along with proper shifting and launching Techniques and you'll find a low 13second Tour roaming around, in fact I think World Tour could surpass the 13's if his Past Power Claims we're close to accurate, with addition of the Mods mentioned above.
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/11/02 02:29 AM
I have been doing some thinking and studying and there is a company near me that specializes in air suspension called air ride technolgies. They can do things that noone ever dreamed of with the suspension. They do allot of work to mustangs street rods etc. I was thinking of having a suspension setup to work when you go to the drags and then let the air out of course and your regular suspension take over on normal driving. I have not confronted them about yet. The also redesign a-arms. The guy above hit the nail on the head. jack the rear, plant the front down allow travel up to a certain degree and I think we could se some sub 2.0 60 foot times. then when you leave the track you can have your beautiful bat tuned suspension take over. Here is a pic of what they do with axles on mustang. I took this at the WFC in st.louis. [/url]
Regarding the Contour being a drag car, out of the guys that have SC'ed / TC'ed cars, I have seen very few time slips. Do you guys go to the track or do you just not post your ET's?

If I ever get this SC onto my 3L I will surely be at the track very often. I think that the other guys go faster because they are more of them and more go fast mods at a slightly lesser cost. Some cars have better advantages, one of them is the aftermarket they bring. The one we have is not supported. Face it, Ricers (and import) owners spend ALOT more money. how many imports do you see a day with an APC sticker on it?
Originally posted by Ausgedient:

Picture theif! Even hosting it from my server.
I'm a thief not a theif! And I simply quoted it from one of your posts without the quotes. It seemed to fit well.
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/11/02 08:51 PM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Regarding the Contour being a drag car, out of the guys that have SC'ed / TC'ed cars, I have seen very few time slips. Do you guys go to the track or do you just not post your ET's?

I'll be going on friday.

Hopefully It'll be the first official 13 second pass from a vortech
Posted By: hydro Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/12/02 04:08 PM
From what I've seen, there have been no definite numbers/track times for a turbo SVT or Street Concepts Cougar. I would be heavily surprised if the turbo set-up doesnt dip into the low 13's with the right mods...
It all comes down to 2 factors:
1- Drive Skill
2- Traction

-Mark
Well, I guess I could throw my .02 in here. We ran cartest on my car with expected HP numbers and here is what it came up with. 12.8 sec 1/4 mile on drag slicks. I'm still a little nervous about running on true slicks with my car, but I don't know of anyone else that is set up better to run them. Drag radials were a ball though. Too bad my zetec FD ratio is hurting my performance with the stock motor in there for now. BTW, the engine should be running again in November sometime.

Rick
Posted By: hydro Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/12/02 04:54 PM
Mark how fast would you calculate your 0-60 & 1/4 Mile times?
Fast, but never fast enough....
-Mark
Posted By: JETNBYA Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/12/02 05:14 PM
I am one of the SC SVTs, and I am sorry, but I didn't buy this car for drag racing. Why would I buy such a sweet handling, BMW type car, to drag race it. I concur with the poster who talked about the BTCC. The 'Tour is also raced in Australia. I have a sweet machine for zipping through canyons and hitting track days at road courses. I am not, nor will ever be, a drag racer, especially with this car! I love my SVT for what it truly is, not for what it can't very effectively be. You will never see an ET slip from me.

Those of you talking about Civics and VDubs, ignore the fact that our cars weigh over 3000 lbs, and are designed as high performance touring cars, not econobox light weights.

Just my 2cents
Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Ride in a supercharged SVT Contour - 09/12/02 06:17 PM
I never said the contour was a drag racer, I just enjoy running it down the strip a few times a year.

Also drag racing is a pretty good way to see if any mods you have done are effective. Granted its not as good as a dyno, but it will give you a general idea.

I know the car is a handler first and foremost, and I love a brisk drive on a twisty road as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy running it down the strip.

The car is not setup for drag racing and this makes getting a descent time out of it all the more rewarding.

I'm just getting a little fed up at all the people wondering why I, and others waste our time taking my car to the drag strip. It isn't going to hurt the car (with the Quaife, HD axles, etc.) so why not have a little fun at the strip and suprise a few mustangs.

Sorry, Rant off
Originally posted by fst4dr:
I'm just getting a little fed up at all the people wondering why I, and others waste our time taking my car to the drag strip. It isn't going to hurt the car (with the Quaife, HD axles, etc.) so why not have a little fun at the strip and suprise a few mustangs.

Sorry, Rant off

Exactly my point. The car is designed and tuned for twisties, but why not show what these puppies do in a straight line. At 260+hp at the wheels its going to suprise the hell out of few stangs and camaro's. Not to mention most imports. ET's are nice to see, its a good comparison, every road coasre is different, making it impossible to compare two cars unless you go to the same track.

Its ok. I just want to keep people from using pics all the time and using my bandwidth. Once in a while is more then cool though.

Thanks for the spelling correction.
© CEG Archives