Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hightower GT Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/16/02 05:43 AM
Here is the link to ALL the info you will need about the turbo kit. It's in PDF format for ease of d/l.

http://hightowerperformance.com/turboannounce.pdf

It's all in there
Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/16/02 07:13 AM
SWEET! I want that turbo! Too bad I don't have the cash right now...but I will!

Must.......have.......boost.......!
Posted By: wjang_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/16/02 07:21 AM
Been out of the loop for awhile so please excuse me if this question has been answered a gadzillion times. How does the turbo kit compare with the supercharger kit in low rpm power (street rpm power) and reliability?
Am I the only one having a hard time opening the file? i click on the link and a new window opens along with my acrobat reader, but all I get is a blank page? Anyone have any idea whay this is? Or is there another way for me to get to the info?
Posted By: llervero Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/17/02 05:59 PM
Is it worth 50 hp for 5g's
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/17/02 06:36 PM
50hp? 130hp over factory.
It is just slow, open it in a new window and do otherstuff while it loads.
Originally posted by llervero:
Is it worth 50 hp for 5g's

It basically doubles your engine's output. I don't know about you, but 265 ftlbs. of torque on a Tour is a beautiful thing.
Posted By: Justin T_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/18/02 12:01 AM
The link isn't working for me either.
Don't think that's it. It's been open for over an hour now and it's still blank. I know a 56K opens things slow, but the whole BAT catalog only takes a few minutes to open.
Sorry, I just thought you were expecting it to pop up right away but the size of the images takes forever to download it. I would check what version of Acrobat Reader you are running. I'm running 4.05c and it worked.

It's all mute right now, his server is down.

The moral of the story is .pdf's are evil.
yeah im having problems too. when i click on it all i get is this page cannot be displayed.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/18/02 07:09 PM
If you are having problems reading it, right click on it, and "Save As" to your hard drive. Then, open it there.

It is in Adobe Acrobat to make it a smaller file, and because less people have Adobe Acrobat to possibly modify it. BAT has the same reasons.
Maybe I am missing something but I'd like to see all what this turbo kit includes and pics of the components pre installed. For five grand its good to know what you would be getting. eh?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/19/02 03:38 AM
The final version of the headers is being completed. This will be the 5th and final version. They are as equal and as short a run as possible. I'll try to get pictures of them before they go onto my car along with as many other pieces that I can get together at one time. When the next Beta car comes in I may be able to get all the 'pre-installed' parts in a picture.
Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated and a good marketing tool in your behalf.

Here is a dyno plot comparing the Vortec SVT setup vs the non SVT Street Flight Turbo
Posted By: bcandiloro_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/21/02 02:23 PM
When you put it that way...

Wish I had a winning lottery ticket! The torque curve from the turbo setup is awesome!
Whose Vortech Dyno Plot is that, seems a bit off on the torque, I know Mark was putting down closer to 250tq and 290hp, but that was more then just the blower added. Also, dont forget you guys have real headers and an exhaust designed for the turbo (and intercooler). Most Vortech guys have not tuned their cars as well as you guys did with your kit. Not knocking you, its just that you guys went the extra mile in design and it shows in the numbers. Good job.
Posted By: hydro Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/21/02 04:54 PM
what exhaust set-up are you supposed to use with the turbo?
Oops, thought it came with a Cat back too, I misread.
and why it cost 1500-2000 more than the vortech
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Whose Vortech Dyno Plot is that, seems a bit off on the torque, I know Mark was putting down closer to 250tq and 290hp, but that was more then just the blower added. Also, dont forget you guys have real headers and an exhaust designed for the turbo (and intercooler). Most Vortech guys have not tuned their cars as well as you guys did with your kit. Not knocking you, its just that you guys went the extra mile in design and it shows in the numbers. Good job.
Posted By: COUGAR99 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/21/02 08:37 PM
I just have one question.....the kit comes with an air to water intercooler. Now what would happen if you put an air to air intercooler on it. Thanks
3" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust is suggested. Yo Dude Performance made my exhaust setup their site is www.yodudeperformance.com

as for running an air/air intercooler it would be much less efficient and you would have to have the piping bent and get into custom brackets to mount the intercooler as well as modification to the bumper and bumper support itself.

With the air/water you can ice your resevoir so the intercooler has ice cold air flowing through it. I am beta testing a NX cooler kit that will purge C02 onto the heat exchanger in the front bumper. I will post results once my car is finished ~ 9/15 from the new widebody, brakes, paint, and audio install.
Originally posted by StreetConcepts:
3" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust is suggested. Yo Dude Performance made my exhaust setup their site is www.yodudeperformance.com

as for running an air/air intercooler it would be much less efficient and you would have to have the piping bent and get into custom brackets to mount the intercooler as well as modification to the bumper and bumper support itself.

With the air/water you can ice your resevoir so the intercooler has ice cold air flowing through it. I am beta testing a NX cooler kit that will purge C02 onto the heat exchanger in the front bumper. I will post results once my car is finished ~ 9/15 from the new widebody, brakes, paint, and audio install.

You officially suck
Is that official now?
Originally posted by StreetConcepts:
Is that official now?

When i see the car
It will debut at Nopi Nationals in September. I am still trying to decide on the paint color. Should be decided by monday so I can place my order with the BASF rep.
Posted By: hydro Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/22/02 03:28 AM
yeah i had a hellava time trying to decide on my paint and went through 2 other colors before the kandy gold just set it off for me. it really is a tough decision. are u considering going with any of the BASF Extreme Colors?
I am going to be meeting the BASF rep for central PA on friday I hope. Fox Marketing is working with them to provide all of the materials for the car. I'll be back in central PA starting the body kit the next 3 days so I hope to get to see thier sample book on friday. I want to do something that will grab attention but not look obnoxious.
Posted By: speedbal1_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/23/02 01:36 PM
I cant open up the link.. I want one.. I want my 4 cylinder to blow some of this shitty SI out of the water..
It's for the six cylinder buddy.

The four cylinder 200HP turbo kit is at http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/
Posted By: speedbal1_dup1 Re: Turbo Kit, final info, released! - 08/23/02 03:14 PM
if i were to chip it also.. what do u think i could max out without killin the engine. horse power wise.
i emailed street flight about the turbo kit and asked if i put the $5000 down right now whether i could get the turbo kit without the other 20 deposits. its been a few days and they havent responded. do u guys know the answer to that?
If you are truly serious about it I would direct questions to Terry Haines (someone knows his email) or Demon Dynamics. You do not need to worry about killing your engine as long as it is in good condition now. From their site:

"Your oil pressure should be 1.3 to 2.5 bar at idle and between 3.7 to 5.5 bar at 4000 rpm.
Compression ratio's should be checked, cylinder bores should be in very good condition and pressure tight."

Like I said, contact Terry Haines or them for more info so we don't hijack the V6 Turbo thread.
© CEG Archives