Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: fst4dr Water injection - 01/15/02 08:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600403019&r=0&t=0

Any one ever heard of this system, or had experience with it? I never knew Edelbrock sold a water injection system.
Posted By: WorldTour Re: Water injection - 01/15/02 09:06 PM
OK, I work for an Edelbrock distributor and I haven't heard of that....
Let me do some digging and see if I can come up with soem retail prices, specs, maybe some pics.
-mark
Posted By: Buckshot77 Re: Water injection - 01/15/02 09:23 PM
I hadn't seen that one, but I know Spearco also sells one and I think turbonetics offers the same one too. Let us know what you find Mark. Maybe it can compete with Stazi! LOL But, I'm sure the personal service isn't there either. Speaking of Stazi, I emailed him a good couple hours ago and haven't heard from him yet, sheesh, you think he's got work to do or something.

Rick
Posted By: WorldTour Re: Water injection - 01/15/02 09:44 PM
Edelbrock discontinued that product in the early 1990's What does that tell you?
-mark
Posted By: fst4dr Re: Water injection - 01/15/02 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Edelbrock discontinued that product in the early 1990's What does that tell you?
-mark

That I wont be bidding on it!
Posted By: typhoon Re: Water injection - 01/16/02 03:31 AM
I think they converted to alcohol injection units (like the one installed on my truck) because the water did basically nothing for performance.
Posted By: WorldTour Re: Water injection - 01/16/02 04:07 AM
heheh that system was designed for motor homes and car haulers that had predetonation problems, not performance.
Edelbrock haven't had any water/alky injection system in their product line since 1991.
-Mark
Posted By: Judge Re: Water injection - 01/16/02 01:28 PM
Stazi is out of town for work....be patient
Posted By: GoodwinToo Re: Water injection - 01/17/02 04:54 AM
remember the smog and gas crisis in the late seventies.. Running non-leaded low octane gas, they needed the Water injection to help curb detonation, especially in the smog-motored big blocks of the era. Its not that bad of a system, you could use the controller in the same way Stazi and Mark(I think it was Mark.. forgive me if I'm wrong) To control your own fuel pump and nozzle and solenoid.. Probably wont be as trick(operatin on Engine RPM and Boost and not the Fang and temp.. errrrr.. Injector duty cycle and temp) But.. I'd say only run this option if you are going Turbo or Supercharged.... wink
© CEG Archives