Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I'm guessing there are a few of you guys out there with knowledge about the car that I'm talking about. For those of you who might not know it is a S/C 3L.

So the car currently runs lean at about 6K due to fuel delivery issues. He has a custom tune from Ford on the car to run it in its current state. My question is, what do I need to do to this car to make it reliable to redline and not run lean. I'm just tring to go after a very safe daily driver that is fun.

Would just installing the 255lph Walbro do the trick w/ the same tune (I believe he is just using the vortec fuel pump now)? Maybe that and some bigger injectors? He also has a MAF that could be installed. I have an XCal 2 I could use, however, I'm not too sure I can find anyone around here to do the tune for me. Anyone do mail order tunes?

Thanks for the help...been a while since I've had a contour.
Talk to Warmonger...he does tunes...he is currently doing my set-up.

You really need 36# injectors to accompany that fuel pump.

From everything that I have read I would not use the FMU.

There shouldnt be too much of an issue with getting a tune from Xcal.

Do the Kenne Bell Boost-A pump's work?
Well if thats just another vacume/pressure actuated device to bump the fuel pressure, he already has the FMU from Vortec. Wouldnt need another one.
Best not to use the FMU. Get proper injectors, maf if necessary, and walbro pump.
Originally posted by warmonger:
Best not to use the FMU. Get proper injectors, maf if necessary, and walbro pump.

What he said.
Glad to see someone is picking it up that will take care of it. I actually looked into getting it when he first posted it up for sale but the money ended up in a different direction for me. It shouldnt be too hard to get the fuel issue resolved and have a screamer. Enjoy!
© CEG Archives