Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: d c jrsc bb kit - 04/03/06 08:22 PM
hi, has anyone fitted the jackson racing supercharger big boost kit (for the 2 ltr focus) http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=47906 to their mondeo/contour ? if so do you need to fit a 65mm throttle body ?
any other info / tips would be welcome. thanks in advance
dan
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/03/06 08:45 PM
I know Hector had a roots style supercharger on his contour. IIRC, it was a jackson. It did require some modification. He'll chime in im sure.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/03/06 09:11 PM
Funny. I just e-mailed him to get the video of his SC'd Zetec. Thinkin' about doing something similar to my daughters Zetec. So far my choices are the Focus Sport kit ($3000) or the Jackson Racing unit ($2600). Powerworks & Procharger are just askin' too much money at about $3800 each.

It has also been my good fortune to come across a supercharger interest check on the teamzx2.com website. That ZX2 kit will likely be more adaptable to our platform than the Focus kits. I e-mailed & posted about adapting the kit for the Cougar/Contour/Mystique platforms, but we'll have to wait & see if the developers think it'll be worth the extra effort to make a kit for the CDW27 Zetecs.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 02:46 AM
Not very hard.....fuel managment was the biggest deal. On my 2000 3 things from the kit were modded.....the bracket that supports the intake manifold/supercharger, the TB bracket (eliminated cruise for hood clearance), and EGR "block off plate" since I didn't have an EGR.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 03:32 AM
Posted By: d c Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 04:05 PM
nice pic. i like your engine bay.
my 00 mondeo has the focus 2ltr engine in it, (has the black plastic cam cover)dont know if you got that type of engine in the US, so i'm wondering if the clearance at the back of the engine and the bulkhead would be sufficient, looks like it would.
any of you guys with a sc fitted an oil separator, if so what make was it?
dan
Posted By: Tourige Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 09:07 PM
gotta love the eaton, wish it was twin screw tho.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 09:20 PM
Compilation I made
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/04/06 11:11 PM
Originally posted by d c:
my 00 mondeo has the focus 2ltr engine in it, (has the black plastic cam cover)dont know if you got that type of engine in the US, so i'm wondering if the clearance at the back of the engine and the bulkhead would be sufficient, looks like it would.
dan

I'm sure that Hector's cam cover was black...before he painted it.

The clearance should be the same. There was some discussion that the Contour had less clearance than the Focus, but Hector proved that wrong.

For and oil seperator, I just bought a water seperator meant for a air compressor. Kinda like this one...

They are cheap and work as well as any of the shiny "automotive" oil seperators.

HTH,
BP
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/05/06 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
dan

The clearance should be the same. There was some discussion that the Contour had less clearance than the Focus, but Hector proved that wrong.

For and oil seperator, I just bought a water seperator meant for a air compressor. Kinda like this one...

They are cheap and work as well as any of the shiny "automotive" oil seperators.

HTH,
BP

Different cam cover.
Posted By: d c Re: jrsc bb kit - 04/05/06 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
dan

HTH,
BP

Different cam cover.

thanks for that tip i'll look into it
© CEG Archives