Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo PCV & Valve Cover Vents.....installed right - 03/24/06 06:13 PM
I finally got around to redoing my PCV and valve cover vents while I was installing my EBC.

I now have the PCV and VCVs with their own oil seperators, and tied into the intake after the MAF and before the turbo.

Idles SOOOOOOOO much better and cleared up much of my drivability issues without touching my tune. This should make life so much easier when I fine tune this thing next week!

BTW, thanks for the "painful" detail a while back Tom
this is worthless without pics! That's like posting..."hey I just installed a blower onto my car. Well guys have a good day"
lol..... good point.

I have a few clamps that still need to go into place.... and to route some of the lines a bit better, but it's pretty much done.
Who welded the end tanks on your W/A cooler? NICE work!!!
I purchased the intercooler off of ebay for next to nothing. It's a Spearco 2-231 core (IIRC), the same one ADC used as their upgraded IC. It was new and already welded up, I just had to change the outlet and add a BOV bung.
hey that IC looks familiar!!!
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I finally got around to redoing my PCV and valve cover vents while I was installing my EBC.

I now have the PCV and VCVs with their own oil seperators, and tied into the intake after the MAF and before the turbo.

Idles SOOOOOOOO much better and cleared up much of my drivability issues without touching my tune. This should make life so much easier when I fine tune this thing next week!

BTW, thanks for the "painful" detail a while back Tom

Cheers! Glad I could help.
lol..... good point.

I have a few clamps that still need to go into place.... and to route some of the lines a bit better, but it's pretty much done.

Wow man, that is BEAUTIFULL!! I was always "Go over Show" kinda guy, not that I didn't make it look decent, but I didn't get artsy about it.

However, yours is great looking with Form and Function.

I really like how you solved the packaging problems, used easily obtainable items like already built intercoolers, etc. Man, very good job!

Thanks
Not to blab on and on about this latest mod, but holy crap does it improve drivability! I just got back from tooling around and am totally impressed with how much this has improved my setup. I am now confident on having this car as a daily driver, and am looking forward to cranking the boost up this week.

This is a must for a turbo contique IMO, hands down!
Looks great!
Not to blab on and on about this latest mod, but holy crap does it improve drivability! I just got back from tooling around and am totally impressed with how much this has improved my setup. I am now confident on having this car as a daily driver, and am looking forward to cranking the boost up this week.

I'm gonna have to try this now ASAP.
Basically, you have mimiced the stock setup, but instead of the "before the turbo", the stock setup would be "before the throttle body" ... is this correct?
Originally posted by Stazi:

I'm gonna have to try this now ASAP.

Oh yeah, don't take my word for it.

Hehehe. I'm the driveability-King remember?
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Basically, you have mimiced the stock setup, but instead of the "before the turbo", the stock setup would be "before the throttle body" ... is this correct?

????
Nope. Air inlet is AFTER the MAF, BEFORE the TURBO. The PCV outlet hooks up as normal using a normal contour PCV valve.

For best results use a compressor bypass valve instead of a blow-off valve......... Even I couldn't bring myself to be so pedestrian as to use a bypass over a good Type RFL. The blow-off sounds so friggin cool!

I laugh now because of how many people told me not to hook the system up that way. That's okay for a Honda or something but not for the MAF system.
I love Fords MAF system, it is so far superior to the speed density system!!!
© CEG Archives