Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JEDsContour Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/16/06 11:04 PM
The end of the line. This is the last T3T4E Turbo Kit that Arizona Dyno Chip will ever make... Unless we all get lucky and Keith changes his mind!

My kit showed up yesterday and after inventorying parts I decided to share some pictures. It�s really hard to describe just how complete this kit is without pictures. The one thing you don�t see is the SCT chip. I�ve decided to go with the SCT Xcal 2. Keith is letting me substitute for the chip (and a little cash!).

Terry (HMS Inc) has finished my new MTX75 build up so the only big piece I need is a new 3L short block.

Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/16/06 11:08 PM
Well, you know my Saga ... the more I look and work on my FMIC kit, the more I'm kicking myself for not getting the ADC kit. Great buy!
Posted By: m!key Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/16/06 11:41 PM
how gorgeous!! man i want a turbo too!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/16/06 11:42 PM
I am very jealous!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 12:38 AM
I have an ADC kit and im still jealous.
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 02:43 AM
Ummm extremely jealous...If it isnt quite what you want and you feel like givin it away, ill prolly take it off your hands!
Posted By: tropictour Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 09:21 AM
Its beyond awesome!
-tropictour
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 01:01 PM
Makes me want one
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 01:50 PM
Nice kit man! Good to see a polished one for once. Ya know, ADC can help you out with that engine as well

Rick
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 03:10 PM
If Rick can find a grade 1 block I can get you a smokin deal on some forged pistons.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 03:25 PM
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm seriously considering selling my "race" block & transmission ... PM me
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 05:20 PM
Scratch my last comment ... I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell my Cougar/Engine/Trans. Please don't PM me ... when I'm serious, I will put it in the classifieds section.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 05:39 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Scratch my last comment ... I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell my Cougar/Engine/Trans. Please don't PM me ... when I'm serious, I will put it in the classifieds section.

Umm... OK. I'm leaning towards ordering an AER 3L long block right now.

Keith says he's going to provide me with two SCT XCal tunes:

The conservative tune should make about 340 HP on 91 octane for daily driving.

The aggressive tune will potentially make 430 Hp (or greater) - based on his past experience with similar combinations.

With an AER or similarly stout block, I'll be willing to push it hard on the dyno for bragging rights if nothing else.

Bottom line is this thing will be a blast to drive.

I'm not firmly locked into the AER 3L route. I know there are some truly excellent Duratec engine builders who frequent CEG.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 05:59 PM
OK, I think you just twisted my arm. However, for what I will need out of the block (everything I put into it), the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800 ... I could build up the long block with Kinger's turbo heads that I have with SVT cams and you would be looking at roughly $5K ... again, I would need to look at receipts. I wouldn't charge a dime for my time/labor, just looking to recoupe costs here. If this is something that you are definitely interested in, let me know. PM me for my cell #
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 06:07 PM
BTW, my longblock setup is nearly identicle to DanG's (I have lower CR):

- Pauter Rods,
- Diamond Racing Pistons (9:1)
- ARP head studs
- Kinger's "Turbo Cut" heads
- ALL NEW valvetrain components (ST220 springs, Brand new valves, keepers, etc.)
- ALL New Timing Components
- Revised 3L windage tray
- Revised 3L oil pan/pickup/dipstick

Like I said, I merely looking for what I have in the setup, $ for $. Not to mention, I could personally deliver it as I'm somewhat "near" you (48 miles one-way).

PM me if interested.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 06:40 PM
If nothing else, here is a point of reference. My entire setup (built up longblock) would run $5,500. My intent isn't to hijack this thread to try and sell you my setup, but to inform you of costs of reproducing such a setup. If however, you do want to buy my engine setup, let me know.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 08:17 PM
Just for all your info I have a t28 kit for sale.brand new.also have diamond pistons for 3.0
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 08:25 PM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Just for all your info I have a t28 kit for sale.brand new.also have diamond pistons for 3.0

Finished copying it eh?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 08:27 PM
the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced. $5500 on parts is plain ludicrous!

How does one figure the short block is $2800 just for $1500 worth of forged parts (rods & pistons), a $100 engine block, and maybe $100 in misc bearings & pieces? You could add $200-300 if the bottom end is pre-balanced but unless you also give those parts of the rotating assembly (clutch, flywheel, pulley, etc) with the short block the balance job is moot!
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 08:31 PM
... My intent isn't to hijack this thread to try and sell you my setup. but to inform you of costs of reproducing such a setup. If however, you do want to buy my engine setup, let me know.

NAAH....not once did I get that impression!

(Its all good!)

Anyway, what is a "Kinger turbo-cut head?"
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced.

Agreed. I think they comes with 42# injectors, but no matter.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 09:14 PM
Wonder if the noble uses the stock headgasket...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 09:56 PM
One guy had a custom copper one made $386.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=753&highlight=head+gasket
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 10:07 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced. $5500 on parts is plain ludicrous!

How does one figure the short block is $2800 just for $1500 worth of forged parts (rods & pistons), a $100 engine block, and maybe $100 in misc bearings & pieces? You could add $200-300 if the bottom end is pre-balanced but unless you also give those parts of the rotating assembly (clutch, flywheel, pulley, etc) with the short block the balance job is moot!

Trust me, I would have in a heartbeat at the time, but this option didn't come to life until what ... a month ago? My shortblock was completed nearly a year ago. Also, it was done right and balanced by a shop that builds race engines all day long ... with the flywheel, DMD & pressureplate attached.

As for this AER engine ... has anyone confirmed the cams to be different than stock FORD parts? I just don't see how it's possible to offere a complete engine that cheap WITH custom cams.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 10:15 PM
Is AER the company used for the noble engines? If it is they can probably afford to engineer a new cam as it would be spread out over however many expensive cars.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 10:17 PM
No, Nobels are build in South Africa by a British company and then sent to the US as a "kit car" and as such, can not have the driveline pre-installed. So, unless Nobel is using AER to build ALL their engines, I don't see that being the case. A full longblock capable of 500+ hp for less than $4,500 ... either they are paying their employees crap or the profit margin is slim ... what am I missing?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 10:21 PM
BUT AER is the company of choice for nobel owners to purchase their motors from? which is kind of what I meant
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 10:26 PM
No, Nobels are build in South Africa by a British company and then sent to the US as a "kit car" and as such, can not have the driveline pre-installed. So, unless Nobel is using AER to build ALL their engines, I don't see that being the case. A full longblock capable of 500+ hp for less than $4,500 ... either they are paying their employees crap or the profit margin is slim ... what am I missing?

From what I read on the Noble site, you have the engine built HERE at one of their selected engine builders - of which AER is ONE, then install it yourself or hire it done. They use a lot of turbos in the UK, so I suspect that Noble designing the cam profiles were second nature to their engineers & required relatively little R&D to produce a final design.

It is also likely that AER did not do much of the engine design, but simply gets the upgraded parts from sources designated by Noble.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/17/06 11:19 PM
AER uses ST220 cams. They have been an option for a few years. There setup for high volume, hence the lower price.
Posted By: gotapex Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/18/06 12:57 AM
Originally posted by todras:
One guy had a custom copper one made $386.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=753&highlight=head+gasket

Hey, that's mine.

Originally posted by livinsvt:
AER uses ST220 cams. They have been an option for a few years. There setup for high volume, hence the lower price.

Yep, ST220 cams.

I'm getting some custom cams cut from billet for mine. If anyone else wants some, I can probably ask to see if they can get a few more made quickly.
Posted By: muntus Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/18/06 01:02 AM
Originally posted by gotapex:

I'm getting some custom cams cut from billet for mine. If anyone else wants some, I can probably ask to see if they can get a few more made quickly.

What are you paying for the cams?
Posted By: gotapex Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/18/06 04:15 AM
Originally posted by muntus:
Originally posted by gotapex:

What are you paying for the cams?

I should know by monday. It's sad, but I'm so deep into this project now, I'm not even asking until it's done.
Posted By: DanG Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/18/06 03:24 PM
Interested. The oval port intake/Mazda 6 exhaust is fat as hell down low but, to use a "Demonism", are dead and buried by 6250RPMs.

Unless you can buy the ST220s someplace... Time for some searching.
Posted By: gotapex Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/18/06 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DanG:
Interested. The oval port intake/Mazda 6 exhaust is fat as hell down low but, to use a "Demonism", are dead and buried by 6250RPMs.

Unless you can buy the ST220s someplace... Time for some searching.

You're welcome to buy my ST220 cams once my new ones are in and tested. They have almost 2100 miles on them.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Serious ADC Turbo Goodness - 03/19/06 03:13 PM
That is a beautifull set of hardware!

Over the years he just kept improving the fit and finish and now look at it.
No wonder it costs that much and of course that he won't make any more. Not enough people can't afford that kind of quality.
© CEG Archives