Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/23/06 06:54 PM
So now that ADC has sold the last turbo kit...who is gonna step up and buy this!?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/23/06 09:54 PM
Would if I could
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/23/06 10:25 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Would if I could

Posted By: Aspire Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 12:24 AM
It makes not mention of the updated "Jackshaft" (hope I got that right". If it does not have this part isnt it still thousands away from reliable?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 12:43 AM
They also list the retail price and not the price you can get it for. (~$3000 last time I heard)

The $150 relocation kit is a definite skip. You can do that for about $30.

What about the warranty??? IIRC it is not transferable? That lowers its "worth" if it so.

With that said I hope he is taking serious offers seriously and not going on what he thinks the retail value is worth.

For the record I would do a S/C kit if the price was low enough and it came with the upgraded jackshaft. It makes the right powerband for our platform when it has the proper tuning and supporting mods. (linear per rpm)
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 03:02 PM
Hmmm, wonder where I've heard that idea before

Rick
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Only because you want me to copy you except with a DemonSVT built 3L...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 04:05 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

DO IT GREG!

I smell 12's

If i had the funds i'ld pick it up(have a shop that could hgandle the jackshaft), but I thiink i'll focus on just the 3L for starters
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

DO IT GREG!

I smell 12's

If i had the funds i'ld pick it up(have a shop that could hgandle the jackshaft), but I thiink i'll focus on just the 3L for starters

Posted By: Harrry Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/24/06 10:10 PM

Honestly what is holding u back from going FI.

well other than maybe traction issues like warmonger had.
Or is that he reason?

Or are u not intersted in investing in the csvt anymore?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Arhethia:

I upgraded my brakes recently and really like the results. So that leaves a few aesthetic mods I have been putting off for...ummm...years.

My car has far more power then the chassis can handle. It is a monster in the first 3 gears. (that's nearly to 100mph) Sure more "highway" power would be very fun but only useful once in a blue moon. My car makes great power coming out of the turns already and that is where I have most of my fun. Plus it's fairly light for an SVT and considerably lighter then a turbo'd car.

I thought about adding larger rims (17") but they would incur a performance loss even if I went with 14lb rims and 24lb tires. Rotational inertia is a biotch and the extra 1/2" of width would not give more then marginal gains in other areas.

My car is setup extremely well considering it's basically a 4 door touring platform that drives the wrong wheels. More power is always nice but it will not make a huge difference in most driving conditions. Case in point is all the high powered cars running mid to upper 13's but trapping huge numbers. I would take my superior quickness below 80mph and nimbleness over huge trap speeds any day.
Posted By: Harrry Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 06:03 AM

I upgraded my brakes recently and really like the results. So that leaves a few aesthetic mods I have been putting off for...ummm...years.

My car has far more power then the chassis can handle. It is a monster in the first 3 gears. (that's nearly to 100mph) Sure more "highway" power would be very fun but only useful once in a blue moon. My car makes great power coming out of the turns already and that is where I have most of my fun. Plus it's fairly light for an SVT and considerably lighter then a turbo'd car.

I thought about adding larger rims (17") but they would incur a performance loss even if I went with 14lb rims and 24lb tires. Rotational inertia is a biotch and the extra 1/2" of width would not give more then marginal gains in other areas.

My car is setup extremely well considering it's basically a 4 door touring platform that drives the wrong wheels. More power is always nice but it will not make a huge difference in most driving conditions. Case in point is all the high powered cars running mid to upper 13's but trapping huge numbers. I would take my superior quickness below 80mph and nimbleness over huge trap speeds any day.

Well you have a nice car....

You seem to be more along the lines of balance with your car. Power hungry is not a word to use when descibing your method of enjoyment. I bet your car is exactly what suits your needs.

Well gl with it.

Posted By: Mod-deth Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 02:28 PM

Demon,

Could you go into more detail on how you got 280mm rotors on the rear of your SVT?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 03:40 PM
I am sure he could, but probably won't for a little bit longer...

He's in the same boat as I am. but the stats of it are not something will, afaik, going to be public for at least a little while longer.

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
I am sure he could, but probably won't for a little bit longer...

He's in the same boat as I am. but the stats of it are not something will, afaik, going to be public for at least a little while longer.

Maybe a day or two.............if someone gets off 'is arse!
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 07:08 PM

After visiting your homepage, and reading your cars specs, its bloody quick for a n/a motor, even though its a 3L. If you had a SC/TC, would you really get a quicker 0-60 time for example? 5.1 to sixty is not to be sniffed at!

Of course your 1/4 mile would be less, but as you point out, the car certaintly has enough power.

What is the estimated crank hp?
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 07:39 PM
Well, if you could pm me, I would like some details of this mystery brake upgrade since I'm about to blow serious cash on the TCE rear kit, but would like to avoid that if there is a cheaper alternative.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 08:15 PM
Ohsigma,

I'll let Tom PM you, but I will say this.

DON'T SPEND MONEY... yet.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 08:36 PM
Ohsigma,

Yeah, just sit on that $ for a few.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Ohsigma,

Hmmmm....

(* Focus brake upgrade on hold *)
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 11:38 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Ohsigma,

Hmmmm....

(* Focus brake upgrade on hold *)

FSVT brake upgrade is only good for the fronts, right? I thought all this talk was about the rear brakes? I'm lost!

Mark
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/25/06 11:45 PM
Sorry to confuse you. I was just commenting about my plans:

I was gonna upgrade my fronts with the FSVT kit, but something appears to be in the works. So now I'll hold off till I get a glimpse at what is going on...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 12:03 AM
Haha, I think we confused ourselves James! I guess I thought the big secret was about the rear brakes. Hopefully it's something relatively inexpensive, so I can do it at the same time as I do the FSVT fronts.

Mark
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Haha, I think we confused ourselves James! I guess I thought the big secret was about the rear brakes. Hopefully it's something relatively inexpensive, so I can do it at the same time as I do the FSVT fronts.

Mark

Bingo.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 03:10 AM
I was brainstorming with a buddy...is there a way, if you are putting FSVT equipment on the fronts of your CSVT, that you could move your CSVT items onto the rears?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 05:57 AM
Just wait a couple of days PDX, see what develops...
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 06:26 AM
I am overjoyed at the thought of a cheap rear brake upgrade. Someone please hurry and tell us how.
Posted By: m!key Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 06:43 AM
i need something to fill up the rear wheels. with the 13s in the front the back looks like there are no rotors at all.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 07:16 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
I was brainstorming with a buddy...is there a way, if you are putting FSVT equipment on the fronts of your CSVT, that you could move your CSVT items onto the rears?

I'm gonna have to say yes, only because I believe Greg has done this.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 08:42 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

That would be a correct assumption.

That is exactly what I am running.

Look Here

Total thread stealer...

Back to buying a S/C kit...

I'll take one for $1000.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

That would be a correct assumption.

That is exactly what I am running.

Look Here

Total thread stealer...

Back to buying a S/C kit...

I'll take one for $1000.

Offer him a little bit more and maybe you'll actually get it@
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I am overjoyed at the thought of a cheap rear brake upgrade. Someone please hurry and tell us how.

This will not be a "here's how-to". The design and hardware is much to complicated for that. I am debating releasing this to the general public depending on interest and support. Direct all responses and questions to the other thread so we can keep it all in one spot.
Posted By: Matt from PA Re: S/C kit for sale in Classifieds - 02/26/06 07:47 PM
I'm new to the forum so this is my first post... what would you guys say is a reasonable price for the kit.... and where can i get the jackshaft or w/e it is... BTW I drive a 2000 Ford Contour Sport duratec/MTX
© CEG Archives