Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ryan4 TC or SC - 02/22/06 11:41 PM
Which way can you get the most hp? I am leaning toward the ADC but i would like to know about the supercharger kits available for the contour as well.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: TC or SC - 02/22/06 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Ryan4:
Which way can you get the most hp? I am leaning toward the ADC but i would like to know about the supercharger kits available for the contour as well.

Posted By: JEDsContour Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 02:00 AM
Well...I don't know how to tell you this...Oh yes I do!

I bought the last ADC Turbo kit made - a T3/T4 kit ($6,000). Gonna be one bad-ass 3L turbo SVT in my driveway . The car's already a lot of fun stock.

There is much talk of a new, lower cost kit soon, so watch this forum. I can't help you with supercharger kits - though the story with those is pretty grim as well.
Posted By: Ryan4 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 02:36 AM
well thats great now i dont have any hope i just bought my contour on monday hoping to find a nice turbo setup for it o well at least it went to a good guy have fun with it any specs on what it will do for your car? Do you have any other suggestions for me regarding turbos?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:12 AM
or you could go the make your own route,like this beauty

Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:31 AM
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
or you could go the make your own route,like this beauty

which turned out to be the biggest piece of junk. I guess, if the kit was done right had potential.

The short answer is, the turbo will make more hp and certainly more power under the curve.
Posted By: Ryan4 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:32 AM
THAT IS A SWEET RIDE! Mine is black too. where did u find the headlight covers?? also how much did that cost and what is the hp gain??
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:36 AM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
There is much talk of a new, lower cost kit soon, so watch this forum.

<==== (* Hoping it will fit around a slushbox *)
Posted By: Stazi Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:41 AM
THAT IS A SWEET RIDE! Mine is black too. where did u find the headlight covers?? also how much did that cost and what is the hp gain??

Headlight covers are gh3y - if that kind of mod gets you wet, then you're not ready for a turbo son.
Posted By: Ryan4 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:56 AM
thx d*ck head i was just askin because i cant find them and i think they look tight and yeah im ready for a turbo
Posted By: 99cougar Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 03:58 AM
thx d*ck head i was just askin because i cant find them and i think they look tight and yeah im ready for a turbo

Good job newb LMAO...and good luck with ever getting any help on this board. Not starting off on the right foot calling another member a D!($head
Posted By: Stazi Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:02 AM

Hey, get a clue. Slapping crap togethe rand spouting off like a newbie assclown will get you nowhere. And while we're at it use the damn search future dipsh!t.
Posted By: Ryan4 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:13 AM
yeah if maybe some ass didnt make me sound like a dumbass for just asking where someone got headlight covers maybe i wouldnt get pissed and yeah i no it takes alot more than just slapping together a turbo kit to get the contour to kick butt im not a dumbsh!t when it comes to this stuff
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:18 AM
yeah if maybe some ass didnt make me sound like a dumbass for just asking where someone got headlight covers maybe i wouldnt get pissed and yeah i no it takes alot more than just slapping together a turbo kit to get the contour to kick butt im not a dumbsh!t when it comes to this stuff

No you made yourself sound like a dumbass...he just pointed it out.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:29 AM
Can't we all just ..get along. I dream of a world where newbies and vets can just be in perfect harmony...

yea, i'm full of $#!T
Posted By: svt4stv Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 06:29 AM
although it doesnt seem like it, youre arguing with one of THE most helpful and knowledgeable guys in this forum. if anyone would be willing to help a new contour owner with a seriously complex contour project, it would be stazi.
he's a little abrasive to newbs and should be more like that cute little Geico gecko. "cheers. howz ya mum?"

and i agree, headlight covers are ghey, imo. but if that's what you like, cool. but im also in the minority in thinking that spraying/covering your taillights is ghey too, but hey, whatever

word to the wise, there arent a "whole lot" of turbo contour gurus around so start making some friends, not static.

ps there was just an adc turbo kit on ebay, dont know if it sold or not. i think it was a CEGers.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 12:48 PM
this thread brought a hearty jiggle to my belly. thanks indeed

~Andrew
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 99cougar:

Good job newb LMAO...and good luck with ever getting any help on this board. Not starting off on the right foot calling another member a D!($head

LMAO
Well he may not have a clue about contours yet, but you've got to admit he's feisty. And he has a right to like headlight covers if he wants to...
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 01:40 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
he's a little abrasive to newbs and should be more like that cute little Geico gecko. "cheers. howz ya mum?"

Oh my God, I found this soooo Funny. Sorry Stazi
<wipes tears out of eyes>
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 01:59 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by 99cougar:

LMAO
Well he may not have a clue about contours yet, but you've got to admit he's feisty. And he has a right to like headlight covers if he wants to...

On certain cars, headlights covers look good. On the contour though, it makes it look like a damn insect...
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:11 PM
well thats great now i dont have any hope i just bought my contour on monday hoping to find a nice turbo setup for it o well at least it went to a good guy have fun with it any specs on what it will do for your car? Do you have any other suggestions for me regarding turbos?

How about, forget the turbo, Mr. 2Fast2Furious, and get yourself a 3.0L block under those SVT heads.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:28 PM

"It's pie....and chips....for free. Who doesn't want pie and chips? "

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Stazi every time one of those commercials comes on.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:

"It's pie....and chips....for free. Who doesn't want pie and chips? "

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Stazi every time one of those commercials comes on.

LMFAO...theatrics may come off as a bit cheezy.
Posted By: Swazo Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 05:11 PM
I know Stazi doesn't support Fosters...... but

Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: TC or SC - 02/23/06 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:

Priceless!!
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: TC or SC - 02/24/06 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:

Priceless!!

needs biceps
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/24/06 01:58 AM

Bwahahaha!! I had to save that pic!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: TC or SC - 02/24/06 04:47 PM

...in the Geico ad...the accent is London
,England...'juz gt yr bleedin facts straight....got
it!...elsewise yer be gtin a damm good kick in the
bollocks when I sez ya dawn the frog & toad....right
mate!!(Pay more attention to London cabbies on yer
next visit to 'The Smoke')

LOL
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: TC or SC - 02/24/06 06:05 PM
Yeah because there are lots of Gekos in London....
Posted By: Stazi Re: TC or SC - 02/24/06 06:11 PM
Exactly. The accent is "cockney" not Aussie.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: TC or SC - 02/25/06 12:10 AM
i always thought "cockney" accents were more of a soft mumble followed by a gagging sound

~Andrew
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: TC or SC - 02/25/06 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
i always thought "cockney" accents were more of a soft mumble followed by a gagging sound

~Andrew

niiiiiiiiiceeee
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/25/06 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

...in the Geico ad...the accent is London
,England...'juz gt yr bleedin facts straight....got
it!...elsewise yer be gtin a damm good kick in the
bollocks when I sez ya dawn the frog & toad....right
mate!!(Pay more attention to London cabbies on yer
next visit to 'The Smoke')

LOL

Hahaha. THat has to be Terry.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: TC or SC - 02/25/06 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Exactly. The accent is "cockney" not Aussie.

Hey, we're AMERICANS.... Hello? We don't care who's accent it is..
Bwahahahaha
© CEG Archives