Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Hrtatac1 Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/21/06 11:26 PM
web page
Posted By: morbid Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/21/06 11:29 PM
hi
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/21/06 11:40 PM
Whats it have to do with the contour?
Posted By: Hrtatac1 Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/21/06 11:45 PM
Well I emailed them and they said they could make one for a contour so it could have a lot to do a contour. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. Could be good for a TT 3.0L.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 12:18 AM
Yea, now ask them how much money they would want before even thinking about making a prototype. Not to bust your bubble...but your dreaming.
yup, sts has been hashed over many times on this forum.
Posted By: m!key Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 02:42 AM
it doesnt hurt to ask them what they can do.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
it doesnt hurt to ask them what they can do.

Look mikey i think he likes it!!

Ask them for pricing? or ideas where pricing would range!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 03:20 AM
ask them for all the info they can give you. one email is all it takes. thats how i contacted morette. and yes i do like it.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 06:31 AM
search the FI forum for STS, there is gobs of info

IIRC, Stilov has talked to the owner inperson about a remote turbo for our cars.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/22/06 08:54 AM
That would be bitchin'! You could even sneak it through CA emissions (disconnect the turbo-to-intake pipe for inspection)....
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/23/06 12:14 AM
really interesting to read about.
would definitely be interesting if someone put forth the money to have them work with a contour.
or..
maybe we can convince them to work out a generic Duratec design... contours, cougars, escapes, tauruses, fusions...
wide aftermarket right there for one product.
hm...
Posted By: Matty K Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/23/06 01:00 AM
Anyone in Utah.........?

They have CARB numbers. That rules. And that means they will DEFINATELY pass emissions in every other state. This would be a cool option... otherwise, I'm looknig to the ADC kit somwhere down the road.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/23/06 03:33 AM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
contours, cougars, escapes, tauruses, fusions..., Mazda 6, Jag X-Types (2.5 and 3.0), ...
wide aftermarket right there for one product.
hm...

Posted By: stilov Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/23/06 04:37 AM
Ya, I talked to the guy about doing one on my Contour.

It's not much cheaper than the old ADC kit. It's experimental...apparently they suck at tuning...

And I already have a turbo. It would be kinda cool to see someone do their own kit like that though.

It's proven that it works, I just don't neccesarily buy itno the fact that it is "better"
Posted By: Hrtatac1 Re: Anyone heard of this turbo setup ? - 02/24/06 05:15 PM
Heres the reply i got from the nearest shop to me that installs the sts kits

Just talked with STS, the universal kit runs $3125 plus tax and shipping. Honestly, we would need to put your car up on the lift and see where and how we would run the piping forward, see how many bends would be needed, etc. to give you a price on install. Maybe if you got down this way one day, we could do that.

This would definetely be a very cool project and the car would be a one of a kind, STS said there were no other SVT Contours with their kits that they are aware of.

What kind of budget do you have planned for this. Some options would be to prefab all piping, then send out to be coated, do you want a electronic boost controller, etc.

If you want to talk to someone at STS about the project and which turbo to go with, Nick said to call him at (801)-224-3477.

Let me know what you want to do and we'll go from there.
Frank
Dyno Tuned Performance, Inc.
820 Greenbrier Circle #15
Chesapeake, VA. 23320
757-549-DYNO (3966)
© CEG Archives