Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I'm going to get my header and turbing housing ceramic coated. I just got a quote of $40 each for 2000 degree black coating from Super Snail Fabrication. Have any of you guys had your headers or turbo ceramic coated? How much did you pay?

Thanks,
Ben
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/19/06 07:50 AM
Go Jet Hot and dont look back. Worth the $$$.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/19/06 05:19 PM
Ben, when can you get the parts to me? I can get your manifold and housing done by my buddy when he does my headers if i can get the parts from you this week.

I can give you details on his history and experience if you'ld like, but he did everythinhg for my SE last yer and it's still in great shape.

He'ld do the stuff for less i'm sure as he's just getting his own buisnees up and running and trying to get his name out. He does favors for me all the time, just let me know if you're interested.

Josh
Thermotec paint works really really well if you are trying to save bucks and still coat, at least for the areas where you aren't getting constant water splash. I had pieces of pipe for more than two years that I coated with thermotec and it only had minor spots appear down at the bottom area. The trick is to clean the metal really well, spray it, then bake it so the coating doesn't come off. Once that stuff is baked on it won't ever go anywhere. It only allows corrosion where there was contamination underneath.
Posted By: Barge Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/19/06 11:39 PM
www.swaintech.com
Posted By: gotapex Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/20/06 01:29 AM
Jet-Hot 2000 coating costed $175 plus ship for my two exhaust manifolds. Actually, $175 - 10% (discount given with initial estimate). The lower end Jet-Hot Sterling costs about $25 less.

Can You wrap your headers and not coat them? Will it hold up or is ceramic coating the best way to go?

Also does anybody kno if the header deal from msds still on?
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
Can You wrap your headers and not coat them? Will it hold up or is ceramic coating the best way to go?

Also does anybody kno if the header deal from msds still on?

Never wrap mild steel! Get them coated. Jethot sterling is overhyped, swaintech and a few others are top notched.
Thanks for the input everyone. You've given me quite a bit to think about.
Posted By: Barge Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/20/06 07:32 PM
My headers are stainless steel, swaintech coated, and wrapped and they still get blazing hot. I can't imagine if they were bare metal.
Probaly has somewhat to do with the wrap. Your not allowing the coating to do its job. The heat needs to be released from the pipe, your just trapping it with the wrap.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: Ceramic Coating - Where and how much? - 02/25/06 03:45 AM
HP coatings <- This is the place to go seriously my turbo,headers and downpipe are there right now, hit me up and I will give you some info!

-Jeff-
Thanks for the offer Jeff. I've already gone with sombody local. One of Josh's (Pole120) friends is doing them both for one helluva deal.

BP
© CEG Archives