Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: f-rice_dup1 Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/15/06 02:03 AM
I'm looking into a Vortech charger , I thought they were listed on S&P motorsports and SHO shop . Can't find them , SHO is under construction . Anyone ???
Originally posted by f-rice:
I'm looking into a Vortech charger , I thought they were listed on S&P motorsports and SHO shop . Can't find them , SHO is under construction . Anyone ???

OH, SHO is under construction!?
Posted By: f-rice_dup1 Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/18/06 12:40 AM
I'm still searching . Does anyone know if they make a "ROOTS" style SC???
Posted By: TGO Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/18/06 01:40 AM
the only roots type blowers i've seen on a contique were hectors on his zetec, and the eaton i saw mounted to a cougar @ SZ 02. The coog was a prototype vehicle, and the blower was not mounted on top of the engine, but down where the battery was just like a vortec.
That was the project Eliminator Cougar. It copied the setup from the "Profile" which was the Contour prototype.
Posted By: TGO Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/18/06 07:33 AM
oh, i know!
You could try to fit the Kenne Bell Escape supercharger. That would be a first.

It's a twin-screw supercharger so it's more efficient than a roots style supercharger. More efficient=less heat=more power.

BP
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/19/06 04:39 AM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
You could try to fit the Kenne Bell Escape supercharger. That would be a first.

It's a twin-screw supercharger so it's more efficient than a roots style supercharger. More efficient=less heat=more power = no hood on the car

BP

fixed
LOL! How about a custom CF hood with a bump?
Posted By: TGO Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/19/06 06:44 AM
it'd take more than a "bump"
Not if you re-designed the output housing. Make it wide and flat and have it come off the back of the supercharger. Then feed it to a nice big intercooler.

C'mon! You FI'd 3L guys have all of the cash. Get to work!

/me looks at turbo for my Zetec still collecting dust. Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

BP
Posted By: jitb Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/22/06 01:09 PM
the only probelem wiht the kenny belles s/c is the hood clearnace?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/22/06 02:12 PM
Originally posted by jitb:
the only probelem wiht the kenny belles s/c is the hood clearnace?

and the spelling..

Actually I think that's Italian.

It's pronounced clear-not-she.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 02/23/06 09:02 PM
There's one in the classifieds for sale...
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/22/06 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Nate S:
There's one in the classifieds for sale...

anyone know who was selling it? or anyone selling one? i've looked on ebay/ceg no success
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/22/06 09:52 PM
Nate Payer (think I spelt the last name wrong). He had his posted in the classifeds.

Aaron
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/22/06 10:38 PM
did he sell it? cant find the add...
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/23/06 03:13 AM
I don't think it sold. Search back a couple weeks in the FI section someone made a post. Or you can check out the Eastern Canada forum in the classied section there he has a listing in there with his contact info IIRC.

Aaron
Posted By: Harrry Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/23/06 08:25 AM
um it got sold on ebay.
Look into this kit if you want a supercharger kit: http://newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92590
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/23/06 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Rickson:
um it got sold on ebay.

Ahhhh I didn't know that.

Aaron
Posted By: Aspire Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/23/06 08:39 PM
How about this?

web page
Posted By: Harrry Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/24/06 02:53 AM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
um it got sold on ebay.

Ahhhh I didn't know that.

Aaron

Must of been another supercharger. I saw in the classifeds to be sold on ebay
Posted By: Beans_dup1 Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/24/06 12:43 PM
I found this i dug for it

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/news/98-00_contcoug_tuner.html

im not sure if they still/do sell it but its worth a shot..
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/24/06 07:06 PM
i sent vortech an e-mail but no reply
Maybe you missed my post but:

Quote:

Look into this kit if you want a supercharger kit: http://newcougar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92590

Much better than running the vortech kit with a shaft that is bound to fail. In either case you would need to determine your own method of tuning.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/24/06 07:50 PM
is it proven yet? realiability/hp/tq/longevity?
Prototype kit was finished and installed. 55HP was added to a stock ATX Cougar which was tested on a Vericom (Gtech like unit). The compressor map is here: Compressor Map on Page 2 Even though the kit wasn't verified on a dyno (should have been) a back to back comparison changing from stock to the supercharger, if done right, will be fairly accurate. Just wait until June 16th when all the group buy kits are shipped. Hard numbers will be posted. The kit looks like it has lots of potential if installed and tuned correctly.

Here is a good writeup on the Vericom unit I found while looking into how accurate it was: Click me
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/25/06 07:20 PM
i wonder if ADC will have their kits back by the 16th...

o wait nvm, they're coming back out when the morrettes are completed
Posted By: Harrry Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Prototype kit was finished and installed. 55HP was added to a stock ATX Cougar which was tested on a Vericom (Gtech like unit). The compressor map is here: Compressor Map on Page 2 Even though the kit wasn't verified on a dyno (should have been) a back to back comparison changing from stock to the supercharger, if done right, will be fairly accurate. Just wait until June 16th when all the group buy kits are shipped. Hard numbers will be posted. The kit looks like it has lots of potential if installed and tuned correctly.

Here is a good writeup on the Vericom unit I found while looking into how accurate it was: Click me

For 55 give or take, is not worth 2200 dollars.

I am also waiting to see what it produces on the dyno. If it produces decent numbers. I might be ordering this kit.

I am also waiting to see what it produces on the dyno. If it produces decent numbers. I might be ordering this kit.

It's 55 hp from a gtech on an ATX car.

I woudl also say 55 hp is def worth 2200...

Tell me a better way to get those kind of gains spending less or the same elsewhere?!
Posted By: Rev. Po-Jay Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 02:51 AM
55HP not worth $2200? Wow, check this math:

Thomas Knight S/C
$2200/55HP = $40/HP

MAF
$300/5HP = $60/HP

Headers
$1200/15HP = $80/HP

By my math, that is leaps above the other mods.

Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 03:14 AM
Can the Thomas Knight S/C be used with the MSDS Headers?

Aaron
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 03:54 AM
as far as i know the TK kit doesnt go anywhere near the headers. Its tucked over by the fender, and the way they have their piping routed, goes up and over the back of the motor .
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 04:11 AM
heat soak for the intake piping
Posted By: Harrry Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 07:24 AM
Originally posted by maposhitheadfoshiz:

It's 55 hp from a gtech on an ATX car.

I woudl also say 55 hp is def worth 2200...

Tell me a better way to get those kind of gains spending less or the same elsewhere?!

Well i was thinking going 3l would be a better gain overall.
For half that amount. 1k would be perfect. Maybe we forgot about that in this topic.

I guess if it was upward towards 75hp. I would be willing to dump 2200 into this kit.
Posted By: stilov Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 12:58 PM
Think about the vortech kit...what does that give you? 60hp for 3k-3500 and then it will break on you!!!
Originally posted by stilov:
Think about the vortech kit...what does that give you? 60hp for 3k-3500 and then it will break on you!!!

100+hp
Posted By: stilov Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 01:03 PM
who has gotten 100+?

MOst I have seen go from like 170-180 to 220-230.

I know rick has more...he he more than just SC. Who has taken a stock SVT and put down 100 more and been reliable?
who has gotten 100+?

I know rick has more...he he more than just SC. Who has taken a stock SVT and put down 100 more and been reliable?

Slinger put down like 270's, no?!

No the reliable part...Gimme a couple weeks and I'll see how mine works out.

Posted By: offroadSVT Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 01:35 PM
who has gotten 100+?

I put down 276 hp with major fuel problems and only 4 lbs of boost, and the 3L has the same base HP at the SVT 2.5L... so thats about 120 hp with a hell of a lot of room to increase
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 02:07 PM
who has gotten 100+?

Chris from CTA, has 275hp at the wheels and like 220ft/lb torque at the wheels. He still has the first generation Vortech, with the FMU and 19# injectors. His S/C runs like a champ.

Aaron
Posted By: stilov Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 03:42 PM
well I am wrong...maybe I was thinking of torque.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 07:33 PM
who has gotten 100+?

When did u get a blower?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/26/06 08:01 PM
well I am wrong...maybe I was thinking of torque.

Ahh torque I understand. BTW how is the turbo CSVT running?

Aaron
Posted By: stilov Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/27/06 01:20 AM
It runs fine...I had a scare from the tuner...told me it was blowing smoke etc...i thought it had the same fate as Swazo...it didn't. The way it sat on the dyno made the oil drain back up a bit a it blew some smoke.

The guy that did the tuning...I don't think he knew what he was doing with 2ndaries and tht timing associated with it. Also I am still not sure the 2ndaries are opening all the way...i think i have too much slack in the cable or something. Although still with crappy tuning/no 2ndaries at 8psi it made 290 ft lbs of torque at 3200 rpm. Then when the 2ndaries are supposed open it falls on it's face. I am having him send me the files and will have KEyser look at them. I might end up just flying Keyser out to tune it.

You see I haven't really had time to touch it...I am in the process of moving. This will be the last busy weekend.
who has gotten 100+?

When did u get a blower?

Had it for a year...isn't done or ready yet. I had kept it a secret til SZ06. I don't care now, I had wanted to surprise folks at SZ, but since that didn't happen I'll let it outta the bag.
Posted By: 111R Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/27/06 02:21 AM
at a mustang meet down this way, i spoke with a very friendly women, honstly i forget her name, who was saying she was putting a blower on a 2.5L v6. myself, aswell as matty k, were pleading for her to swap to a 3L taurus motor.

anywho, she says she fabricates her own stuff and is doing a money-no-object project for a known celebrity. not sure if this is relevant or of any interest

Clicky
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Where can I find a SC for my SVT??? - 05/27/06 02:29 AM
Pete you are a lucky mofo. Damn it I think I'm going to have to spend more money this year and get a S/C or something. Hopefully the Thomas Knight S/C turns out to be a great unit, since I don't feel like getting rid of my MSDS Headers.

Aaron
© CEG Archives