Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Qwk98svt MAF adapter - 02/14/06 10:19 PM
I need some help guys, been a long time I know but I just got my block out of the machine shop and it I have to balance the bottom end next then it goes in the car, but I was going through my parts last night and I looked at my mass air flow sensor and my MAF adapter, they don't fit And I am having a hard time finding just the MAF adapter without buying the kit, I need a MAF adapter for a 2003 cobra , And I think it is an 80mm MAF not sure though, can anyone tell me where to get one? Thanks

-Jeff-
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: MAF adapter - 02/14/06 11:00 PM
Do the 03 Cobras have one stock? Or is it for their aftermarket filters that use one? If it's stock, you might try www.car-part.com and see if you can pick one up for cheap. Or checkout www.svtperformance.com and ask over there. Those guys know where to find everything for those cars.

Mark
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: MAF adapter - 02/14/06 11:01 PM
Cobra maf's are 90mm
Posted By: Swazo Re: MAF adapter - 02/15/06 01:22 AM
I got my adapter from Pro-M for my Lightning MAF. Give them a shot, I'd bet they have one for a cobra
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: MAF adapter - 02/15/06 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
I got my adapter from Pro-M for my Lightning MAF. Give them a shot, I'd bet they have one for a cobra

I thought Pro-M was out of business?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: MAF adapter - 02/15/06 02:17 AM
Nope, just moved and changed names, click me

You will probaly be better off with the 80mm anyway. Saves having to modify to make the 90mm work. A 90mm is only better if you plan on making huge power. Though you can still use it.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 03:44 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

You will probaly be better off with the 80mm anyway. Saves having to modify to make the 90mm work. A 90mm is only better if you plan on making huge power. Though you can still use it.

What do you consider huge power?

-Jeff-
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 04:05 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, but still no luck... I found plenty of stuff for the lightning but not the cobra, I can't even find anyone that tells me the size of the 03'cobra MAF, any more ideas? Thanks alot!

-Jeff-
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:
Originally posted by livinsvt:

-Jeff-

According to Keyser, the 80mm MAF is good for about 450WHP.
Posted By: Swazo Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 04:24 AM
I need a MAF adapter for a 2003 cobra

-Jeff-

"This fits the 90mm MAF in the 01-04 Lightning 03-04 Mustang Cobra or 02-03 Harley truck"
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 04:37 AM

-Jeff-

In the mid 400 range. Here is on place that sells the adapter click me , here is another, they sell 60-90mm click me

As stated lightnings and 03/04 cobras use a 90mm. Might have better luck tuning with the 80 as I assume your not targeting that high?
Posted By: Swazo Re: MAF adapter - 02/16/06 05:26 AM
I'd steer clear of Modular Depot, their customer service sucks. I've spent over $1000 with them and swear never to return.

Accufab makes great products! I have their 70mm TB and love it!
© CEG Archives