Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/08/05 03:26 PM
Here is the custom spearco water to air intercooler that I'm using.

I had to mod the outlet and place the BOV in a new location. I did the fab work and had it TIG welded by a pro. I'm currantly putting doing the final touches (polish, paint and clear in all de right places )

I got it for a screaming deal and was able to put a whole water to air IC system together for about $400-$450 when all was said and done. (2 top notch heat exchangers, fittings, lines, res. tank, overflow tank, Lightning IC pump and the IC itself)
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/08/05 03:29 PM
Wow. Good deal. I got a smoking deal on my IC too by getting it used from a shop that needed a bigger IC on their racecar. Once you make one for a particular application it requires custom remodeling to fit it to something else and makes it hard or costly to sell. MAkes it cheap for the do it yourselfer though.

Nice job so far. Hope it fits.
Posted By: Swazo Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/08/05 03:34 PM
I was almost able to use it as-is, but these mods were needed to clear the intake/MAF piping. The BOV fits nicely too. Now that I have fitment taken care of, it's getting the aesthetic aspects taken care of

It was nice to have the sensor block in place (I had to round off a corner to allow some clearance for the hood) for the Lightning IAT and an IAC port.
Posted By: stilov Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/08/05 04:03 PM
Check this out...I have the same one...300 then 25 for a lightning pump, I paid about 125 for 4 Garrett/Kenne Bell heat exchangers. I will keep one and I have sold 2 1 for 115 and the other for 75. I might be able to use the cooler as is though. Not sure yet. Then I have to buy hose and make my reservoir (which will be cheap...may be going with Tom's idea afterall)

Swazo has actually pointed out some good deals to me, my engine, the cooler, etc.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 02:53 AM
The welds are freaking beautiful. What bov are you using?
Posted By: Swazo Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
The welds are freaking beautiful. What bov are you using?

Thanks, I'm happy I finally found someone who can weld aluminum this well! It took a bit, but the best part he's cheap

I'm using an RFL type. Stazi has joked that stands for really f$&%ing loud
Posted By: stilov Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 02:15 PM
Quote:

Stazi has joked that stands for really f$&%ing loud

I dont think it's a joke...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 03:46 PM
Originally posted by stilov:
Quote:

Stazi has joked that stands for really f$&%ing loud

I dont think it's a joke...

Its not LOL, turbo xs
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 08:46 PM
You probably saw long ago that that is the same BOV that I went with. It sounds cool and it is loud, even at 7psi. But hey, it probably isn't noisier than the exhaust and stuff.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 09:04 PM
I have one too and it is loud for sure.

I change from the rfl to a quieter one when I really want to play with people.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 09:08 PM
if/ when i go FI... Ill make damn sure EVERYONE knows im boosted. I wouldnt have spent all that money if I didnt want people to know .

Plus I really want to drive around shifting right next to people / cars
Posted By: Swazo Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/10/05 10:44 PM
LMAO, I have a vented CF hood and the BOV is pretty much right by the vent I'm guessing it'll be REALLY loud on my car
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/11/05 02:22 AM
Sounds like it would make me wet, lolz
Posted By: Stazi Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/11/05 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Sounds like it would make me wet, lolz

[Leon Phelps]Uhh, that's disgusting...[/Leon Phelps]
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My Custom Spearco W-A IC - 10/12/05 11:48 PM
Lol
© CEG Archives