Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GS474 proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 12:25 AM
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564&t=&p=0

pretty stupid but a cool video none to less
Posted By: Static Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 12:45 AM
LOL
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 01:16 AM
That was funny as h*** thanks alot man

-Jeff-

I couldn't quite make out how they were "injecting" the nitrous... were they just spraying it somehow into the intake tube?
I CAN AFFORD THAT MOD!!! well minus the nawwwsss.

Originally posted by Viss1:

I couldn't quite make out how they were "injecting" the nitrous... were they just spraying it somehow into the intake tube?

they just opened the valve aimed at the intake, but it made it in.
Originally posted by Viss1:

looks like they were spraying the nitrous into the leaf blower
man, i didnt even think that possible. Everyone always talked about leaf blowers not adding any hp.
We actually did that at Street Flight one night after a few beers. Except we had no leaf blower. Just aimed nitrous at the filter. I picked up 100 hp in my SVT in 1000 rpms and melted all the plugs. More like vaporized them all the way up inside the porcelin. The white porcelin turned green around the edges. I put new plugs in and it ran like a champ. I think I still have that dyno run at the shop. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Cool, next SZ dyno run I'm bringing my leaf blower, get 10-15 hp at the wheel
Posted By: GS474 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 12:14 PM
the way i see it with proper pluming that way it doesn't block air when its not on and proper tunning 15+hp at a flick of a switch

and hell what about twin leaf blowers

Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Cool, next SZ dyno run I'm bringing my leaf blower, get 10-15 hp at the wheel

hey, then you'll be around my unbers from this year

i'm going to try this at sz06.....i will offer up my car to "play" with.

and yes, i'm serious, why not, might be fun
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 04:26 PM
Wonder what model leaf blower that is. Looks like a commercial unit. My little 125mph leaf blower doesn't produce enough air to tickle the hamster that's turning your engine, Josh.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Wonder what model leaf blower that is. Looks like a commercial unit. My little 125mph leaf blower doesn't produce enough air to tickle the hamster that's turning your engine, Josh.

Mark

hahahhahhahah lmfao
Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 05:17 PM

Mark

funny guy......

for the miles i have and power i make....people were impressed at SZ

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

Mark

funny guy......

That wasn't a flame on you Josh. I always joke about hamsters turning engines, no matter what vehicle. It was just that you offered your car up, so I had to use you as an example.

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 07:47 PM

Mark

funny guy......

That wasn't a flame on you Josh. I always joke about hamsters turning engines, no matter what vehicle. It was just that you offered your car up, so I had to use you as an example.

Mark

I know, but beware, i intend to have some compitition for you next year
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 09:00 PM
I know, but beware, i intend to have some compitition for you next year

You gonna be 21 by SZ06? I've got a deal for you.

HP + TQ / 2

If you put down a higher average between HP & TQ than me, I buy you a beer, and vise versa.

Naturally aspirated vs. Naturally aspirated

or

Forced Induction vs. Forced Induction

You choose!

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 08/31/05 09:11 PM
i will be 21..and you are on...even if i don't get my car done as i intend by then, i'll take you for that beer.

That would be the same as HP + (TQ/2) and that isn't an average.
I had to point that out before someone else does.
Now you may need that extra twist in the formula to match my numbers....
lets rent one of these from home depot and we'll hook it up! Makes 1650 cfm at 200 mph. It would be interesting to see the results.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 09/01/05 12:48 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
lets rent one of these from home depot and we'll hook it up! Makes 1650 cfm at 200 mph. It would be interesting to see the results.

you get ahold of piping that will allow us to make it work, and i'll throw my car in front of it.
ill see what i can do lol.

btw, what sort of intake are you running right now?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 09/01/05 01:45 AM
the trusty ru3530

with kkm maf adapter.

Posted By: GS474 Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 09/01/05 03:19 PM
that would be crazy
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 09/01/05 05:38 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Bah, sorry! (HP + TQ) / 2

Better?!?!

Mark
Originally posted by warmonger:

Bah, sorry! (HP + TQ) / 2

Better?!?!

Mark

much better.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: proof that a leaf blower does add power - 09/02/05 05:32 PM
Oh man, SZ06 is going to be awesome!
© CEG Archives