Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Eddie & Cat Return Or Return-less - 07/12/05 08:52 AM
Hey yall

its been a while i have a few questions.

Ummm ok does my 1995 mystique 2.5l V6 have a return or returnless fuel system. Contemplating ZEX nitrous kit!

What is the reason for NOT running splitfire or other Similar type plugs in nitrous bearing 2.5L's.

I wanna go DRY to save money but don't want to blow the 2.5 till i have my 3.0 built will she survive a whole 50 hp shot?

Where is a good shop in Southern Ontario (Toronto, Ottawa) that knows our cars, PERFORMANCE WISE?

Hypothetical question!

1.If an Nissan Pulsar NX 2000 is running a 75 shot can i beat him in a HEADS UP DIG race? Running the 50 shot.

2.I haven't looked at the exhaust manifolds up close yet but are they cast-steel? and if it were possible could something be fabricated from them to run a BASTARD Twin turbo system? and if yes would a couple of t25's fit under there somehow? lastly is there a double inlet to single outlet intercooler in existence?

I haven't updated my sig but i have done some more mods. i did get a set of 24 lb/hr injectors, UIM/LIM, Different short ram, Custom 2.5 inch stainless Exhaust to magnaflow 3 inch sans resonator, and a set of SVT cams. It's more like an SVT. Oh ya im at 77,251 KMS now

sorry for the novel.

any answer or quirp is acceptable
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Return Or Return-less - 07/12/05 02:15 PM
You have a return fuel system.

Don't worry about the reasons why NOT to run split fire or Bosch +4 plugs, just DON'T!! If you're going to be running nitrous, you'll need a copper plug(NGK TR-55). You should be fine with stock heat range with a 50 shot.

The 2.5L "should" handle the 50 shot like nothing, as long as your car has been maintained well.

You're on your own on finding a shop in Canada.

1: WTF is a Nissan Pulsar NX? If I'm thinking correctly, they are one of those little hatchback 4cylinders? My guess is that you should take him.

2: Please do a little more searching. You will find that a twin-turbo setup is NOT the way to go, nor is it really that feasable without a TON of money. There is no benefit to a twin turbo over a single.

Your car definitely won't run correctly with the 24# injectors, without a chip/tune. I would STRONGLY advise having the car tuned, or calling either ADC or Hypnotic Illussions Automotive for a chip/SCT X-Cal programmer.

Mark
Posted By: Eddie & Cat Re: Return Or Return-less - 07/12/05 04:54 PM
well its a good thing i havent intalled those injectors yet i woulda been realy dissapointing to put them in and not have them work.

ya nx 2000 pulsars are after the boxy model but use nissans sr20de motor, so you have a 2200 lb car with decent power.

ok then
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Return Or Return-less - 07/12/05 07:04 PM
Depending on the style of injector, they may "work". You will see a rich condition though. This is why I suggested you pay the extra $300-$450 to get a chip that ties everything together.

Mark
© CEG Archives