Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99cougar daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 01:44 PM
i did a little searching and found NOTHING...

okay i found that stock heat range should be fine just make sure the plugs are copper or iridium? i am only going to run a 35 shot and MAYBE a 50 shot if something catastrophic doesnt happen with the 35.

?????
Posted By: Stazi Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 02:02 PM
You should NOT run the same heat. You want a step colder. If you have a V6 you will want to use NGK TR55's
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 02:06 PM
i thought i read i should be fine on stock heat range with just a small shot. i should just decrease the gap from stock. i guess not?

TR55's it is then.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 02:08 PM
i always wondered how a contour would run as a dd with copper plugs and not 2x platinum?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 02:18 PM
My car runs great, and I've got the NGK TR55's.

My question is, why wouldn't you just go a step colder if you're already changing the plugs?

Mark
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/02/05 03:27 PM
i was just asking but its all good now...we shall see how she runs tonight hopefully...
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/03/05 03:15 AM
well it runs good. at least i think it does. i only got to get into it twice both in 3rd from about 4-6g's. everything seemed to be fine, but i didn't push it to much cause it was pooring down rain, and you dont have much control over a car with 4 year old bald tires/nitrous/rain!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/03/05 03:31 AM
Why not?

On anything larger than a 50-60 shot go a step colder and close the gap to at least .045.

On my homemade wet kit I had, I ran stock heat range copper Autolite gapped at .045 and it ran just fine....until other issues arose.

IMO, 60> stock heat ranger, with a gap of at LEAST .045 will be fine.

The guy who helped me with my kit (a highly respected Fox body guy back home) is where I got my 411 from. He also said from what he seen (for whatever reason) Shell gas was the best for the gogo juice, and also (I can't remember specifics) that he said Delco plugs were the best plugs for the juice (this was really before the NGKs became a 'mainstream' plug).
Originally posted by Stazi:
You should NOT run the same heat. You want a step colder. If you have a V6 you will want to use NGK TR55's

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 06/03/05 05:59 AM
Stock heat range plugs are most definitely okay for a 50 shot or less.

Make sure they are copper or if you want to pony up the cash NipponDenso Iridiums. Don't bother with NGK's Iridiums and that's rare coming from me as their other plugs are good.

For that matter Autolite has a new line of dual tip Iridium plugs. (Extremes)

Make sure to close the gap up a bit. .045 should be fine for that range.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/02/06 04:40 PM
sorry to bring back on old thread, But what plugs are they?

TR6's are not listed on the NGK website. They have:

V-Power TR55
G-Power Platinum TR55GP
Laser Platinum PTR5F-11
OE Laser Iridium ITR5F13
Iridium IX TR55IX

Im guessing it is the Iridium TR55IX
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/02/06 10:02 PM
Nope it is NGK TR6. They exist...i just bought some 2 weeks ago.

Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/02/06 10:11 PM
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Nope it is NGK TR6. They exist...i just bought some 2 weeks ago.

I checked summit and they had some.

Just wondering if TR6's are to cold for the Canadian winters or if i would be better off with NGK TR55's
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 12:33 AM
TR6 (1 heat range colder then stock) will drop MPG and worsen drivability. I would recommend putting them in when you are going to run nitrous. If you will run it a lot over the summer then running 1 step colder for the summer is passable. You still will have the above issues.
I would not recommend running them in moderate temperature weather or lower as these issues worsen noticeably.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 05:01 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
TR6 (1 heat range colder then stock) will drop MPG and worsen drivability. I would recommend putting them in when you are going to run nitrous. If you will run it a lot over the summer then running 1 step colder for the summer is passable. You still will have the above issues.
I would not recommend running them in moderate temperature weather or lower as these issues worsen noticeably.

TR6 are 2 steps colder than Autolight APP764's

TR55 are 1 step colder.

So TR55's it is (need driveability and the ability to run the giggle juice)
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 01:54 PM

Well i drive with them everyday, and i get about 26-28mpg. I notice no drivability issues either.

Then again i am in Hardeeville, SC where the high temp. has not been below 90 in well over a month!
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 02:08 PM
im thinking ill just get a set of TR6's for the summer, as soon as they start driving bad ill switch to TR55's in the winter (or just back to autolites cause i doubt i'll be spraying in winter)
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
im thinking ill just get a set of TR6's for the summer, as soon as they start driving bad ill switch to TR55's in the winter (or just back to autolites cause i doubt i'll be spraying in winter)

That would probably be better. I am not saying mine don't drive bad in the winter, i just don't have experience with TR6's in the winter yet. I moved to TR6's when i moved to the 100/125 shot which was just 6-7 weeks ago. All during the winter i ran TR55's without a problem.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 03:21 PM

That would probably be better. I am not saying mine don't drive bad in the winter, i just don't have experience with TR6's in the winter yet. I moved to TR6's when i moved to the 100/125 shot which was just 6-7 weeks ago. All during the winter i ran TR55's without a problem.

in south Carolina.. I live in Calgary Canada. It gets to about -25 sometimes in the winter (-13 Farenheit)

Ill try that, the plugs are pretty cheap anys ways (24 bucks for 6)
Posted By: 99cougar Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 03:38 PM
Holy crap! $24

I pay $1.77 apiece for TR6's or TR55's at the local Advance Auto. I could get two sets of plugs for less than $24!

Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 03:40 PM
Holy crap! $24

I pay $1.77 apiece for TR6's or TR55's at the local Advance Auto. I could get two sets of plugs for less than $24!

autolite APP764's are 64 bucks for 6 here..

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 03:59 PM
Holy crap! $24

You make it up in health care.

Mark
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Holy crap! $24

You make it up in health care.

Mark

hahaha no kidding
Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/03/06 10:12 PM
#2238 TR5 its a NGK. copper core, platinum or V tips are not recommended for nitrous, or my aftermarket ignition
the car runs sweet with them. make sure you get good plug wires, nitrous and misses dont mix
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/04/06 12:56 AM
Originally posted by TRicker:
#2238 TR5 its a NGK. copper core, platinum or V tips are not recommended for nitrous, or my aftermarket ignition
the car runs sweet with them. make sure you get good plug wires, nitrous and misses dont mix

ill be running NGK TR6 with 8.5mm Magnecore wires on the stock coil pack.

Should be good
Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/04/06 02:32 AM
i got the ford racing 9mm with the 5's. make sure you gap em right, theres a noticible difference in throttle response when they are gapped incorrectly. stock coil is plenty good, i just got the MSD for the step retard, and launch retard (sounds insanely cool too) it helps me launch on all those stangs you dont even know
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/04/06 03:11 AM

TR55 are 1 step colder.

Not true.

TR6 where the "6" is the heat range are 1 step colder then the stock heat range.

TR5 is the stock heat range. The second 5 in TR55 pertains to the reach of the electrode.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/04/06 06:02 AM

TR55 are 1 step colder.

Not true.

TR6 where the "6" is the heat range are 1 step colder then the stock heat range.

TR5 is the stock heat range. The second 5 in TR55 pertains to the reach of the electrode.

according to Summit Autolite APP764's are a 4 heat range, then TR55's are 5 and TR6 are 6..

Just going by what i read.
Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/06/06 07:02 PM
oh yeah my bad TR5 are stock the TR6 is what i have. one step colder is what they should be. really, it all depends on what type of nitrous system you have, and ignition setup. if you have a stock ignition and timing curve, or are using more than a 75 shot, run the colder plugs. i'm running a 100 shot on 1 step colder plugs. i'm going to step it up to a 2 stage setup that will total 125 and i'm going to stay with the same plugs, but retard my timing another degree or two. thats why i have a MSD
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/08/06 05:36 PM
Here ya go everyone!

STOCK HEAT RANGE
Copper Plug
Part # / Stock #

TR5 / 2238
TR55 / 3951

Platnium Plug
Part# / Stock #

TR5GP / 3186
TR55GP / 3403

Iridium Plug
Part# / Stock#

TR55IX / 7164
TR5IX / 7397

- 1 DEGREE FROM STOCK

Copper
Part# / Stock#

TR6 / 4177
BR6EF / 3177

Iridium
Part# / Stock#

TR6IX / 3689
ITR6F-13 / 4477

-2 DEGREE FROM STOCK

Copper
Part# / Stock #

BP7EFS / 3526
BR7EF / 3346
BR7EFS / 1094

Platnium
Part# / Stock #

BP7EFVX / 3344

Iridium
Part# / Stock #

TR7IX / 3690

-3 DEGREE FROM STOCK

Copper
Part# / Stock #

R5724-8 / 7317
B8EFS / 1049

Iridium
Part# / Stock #

TR8IX / 3691

- 4 DEGREE FROM STOCK

Copper
Part# / Stock #

R5724-9 / 7891
B9EFS / 1085

- 5 DEGREE FROM STOCK

Copper
Part# / Stock #

R5724-10 / 7943
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/08/06 06:49 PM
Nice post allstyle12! Maybe you could post where your information is coming from? Or are you a supplier, and you just have a chart? Thanks for the info though!

Mark
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 07:14 AM
Stock heat range plugs are most definitely okay for a 50 shot or less.

Make sure they are copper or if you want to pony up the cash NipponDenso Iridiums. Don't bother with NGK's Iridiums and that's rare coming from me as their other plugs are good.

For that matter Autolite has a new line of dual tip Iridium plugs. (Extremes)

Make sure to close the gap up a bit. .045 should be fine for that range.

Just out of curiosity, I'm running autolite xp104 iridium plugs right now. Those ok or should I just get the TR55? Planning on a 55 wet but may bump it up to a 75
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 02:35 PM
Why not bump your shot to 75 and use TR6 copper core plugs? Trust me, 75 is much more enjoyable than 55. I have absolutely no drivablility issues with these plugs.

Remember to get some type of octane booster. I have used Lucas and NOS. I have heard Torco also works well, but have yet to try it.
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 02:44 PM
I found it browsing the internet. Yes, I am supplier....of knowledge
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 03:54 PM
Originally posted by allstyle12:
Remember to get some type of octane booster. I have used Lucas and NOS. I have heard Torco also works well, but have yet to try it.

You shouldent need octane booster unless your tuner is an idiot.

and Torco is the only octane booster that actually works.
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 05:44 PM

Correct, you don't NEED octane booster. I just like to play is safe when it comes to any type of forced induction as should everyone who does not want a blown engine. Especially when the weather is hot.
Suit yourself, but I would rather be fast and reliable at the same time without having to worry about detination. I have yet to "Tune" my car, but I am only running a 75 shot so I don't really NEED to "Tune" it yet. Tunning will come if I decide to go bigger than 75. You indicate "Torco is the only octane booster that actually works". It will be helpful to us all if you have tests that "actually" proves it is the "only" one that works.
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 07:50 PM
The NOS "Racing Formula" is the one I have been using.

The Idaho Corvette Page interviewed Jim Bell, who runs Kenne-Bell Performance Products, a manufacturer of aftermarket supercharger kits. In developing blower kits and supporting the customers who buy them, Kenne-Bell has tested many octane boosters. â??Donâ??t waste your time with boosters that use alcohol because they donâ??t do anything,â? Bell told us. â??The ones that say they have lead in them, donâ??t work, either, because the amount of lead is so small. The only boosters weâ??ve found to be worthwhile are those that use MMT and one we recommend is the NOS brand.â?

MMT stands forâ???try this tongue twister: methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl. Once viewed as a possible replacement for TEL, while not as potent, it still increases octane and, in large quantities, can eliminate valve seat recession. While itâ??s used in Canada, MMT is ignored by refiners in the U.S. in favor of other antidetonants, mainly because itâ??s illegal in areas where RFG is required and a few refiners feel its long-term use might compromise engine life. MMT is shunned by car companies due to durability concerns about components in on-board diagnostic and emissions control systems and questioned by the EPA as a possible health hazard. Nevertheless, in 1995, MMT was allowed on the U.S. market with some restrictions after its manufacturer won a Federal court case against the EPA. At this writing almost no U.S. refiners add MMT to gasoline, but it is the key ingredient in a few canned octane boosters.

The Idaho Corvette Page acquired octane booster test data from an independent research laboratory. The first test was straight 92-octane unleaded gas from a Chevron station in southern California. It tested at 96.3 RON and 88.3 MON for an R+M/2 rating of 92.3, 0.3-oct. higher than the rating on the pump. To a second sample of Chevron 92 from the same station, the lab added â??104 Octane Boostâ?. The octane of the gasoline modified with this booster was unchanged. The lab tested a third sample of Chevron 92 and NOS brand â??Street Formulaâ?, a MMT octane booster, mixed 1:170 (12-oz. bottle in 16 gal. of gas). The results were: 96.8 RON, 88.4 MON and 92.6 R+M/2, a measurable change but, clearly, as the MON went up only 0.1-oct, not a practical improvement. NOSâ?? most potent booster, â??Racing Formulaâ?, another MMT-based product, in Chevron 92, tested at 98.5 RON, 90.4 MON and 94.5 R+M/2, a credible but modest improvement.

Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/09/06 09:26 PM
good info to have. anything lead based is bad for 02 sensors if you dont know that (common knowledge)

also... so u guys know. higher octane doesnt necessarily mean more HP. if you have inadequete compression or timing, the more octane will actually make the car slower (produce less power, anyways) higher octane fuel is harder to burn. it's a "slower" burning fuel and most people think that makes it "better". not necessarily. if you advance a timing curve, or raise compression, or lean a car out, you will need better gas. SVT contours require premium fuel only, although you may see better times at the track when running 87 octane, but beware! it will make your car run lean or possibly detonate! i would say that a stock contour SVT could run 87 octane quite easily, until you start messing with fuel and ignition curves.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/10/06 02:09 PM

Correct, you don't NEED octane booster. I just like to play is safe when it comes to any type of forced induction as should everyone who does not want a blown engine. Especially when the weather is hot.
Suit yourself, but I would rather be fast and reliable at the same time without having to worry about detination. I have yet to "Tune" my car, but I am only running a 75 shot so I don't really NEED to "Tune" it yet. Tunning will come if I decide to go bigger than 75. You indicate "Torco is the only octane booster that actually works". It will be helpful to us all if you have tests that "actually" proves it is the "only" one that works.

your right.. dont tune a car with nitrous... Talk to me when you blow your engine.. idiot.

Explain to me how adding octane booster even comes close to the quality of a good tune? Dosent..

And yes, Torco is the only octane booster that works, unless you want .02 of an octane for each bottle you add.
Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/10/06 07:55 PM
our snowmobile race team is sponsored by torco, we have tried every octane booster they have. in a time slip mindset, the leaded booster they sell is the best. but you cant use that on your stock 02 sensors, so the unleaded stuff is the next best. and man i feel bad for anybody that pays for that stuff! $$$$$
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/10/06 08:20 PM
our snowmobile race team is sponsored by torco, we have tried every octane booster they have. in a time slip mindset, the leaded booster they sell is the best. but you cant use that on your stock 02 sensors, so the unleaded stuff is the next best. and man i feel bad for anybody that pays for that stuff! $$$$$

No kidding.

NOS "Octane booster" (and i use that term lightly) increases the Octane by .2 points.. not 2 points, so when you think your running 93, your really running 91.2

Posted By: TRicker Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/10/06 08:21 PM
lol i laugh at people that use those octane boosters. especially the nos brand. its especially funny when they go to stations that have unleaded racegas (in MN they are 110) they could put that in
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/10/06 08:28 PM

Im sure torco would be happy to hear you talking so high of their product. I know if I paid someone to advertise for me, id want them to also.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 01:25 AM

No kidding.

NOS "Octane booster" (and i use that term lightly) increases the Octane by .2 points.. not 2 points, so when you think your running 93, your really running 91.2

Go to sportcompact cars website. They did an article about octane boosters and the nos racing booster did boost octane on california crap tractor gas. Very good article.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 03:53 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Go to sportcompact cars website. They did an article about octane boosters and the nos racing booster did boost octane on california crap tractor gas. Very good article.

The NOS Off Road version (maximum MMT allowed) added a full 2 octane rating to the 91 octane tractor piss. It was proven to be even better then using Toluene as a home brew octane booster; well for the money any way. It took 1.5-2 gallons of Toluene ($15-19) to match the $10 bottle of NOS Off Road.

The other aromatic and solvent types of octane booster ranged from negligible to ~1 octane.
Quality amounts of MMT is the way to go. However it does transfer into your oil and can eventually foul O2 sensors. (hence the off road "legalize" in the warning)
Posted By: Matty K Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 06:18 AM
your right.. dont tune a car with nitrous... Talk to me when you blow your engine.. idiot.

Mmmm... I think it might be a little crass for you to be calling anyone an idiot, Tourige. I mean, I've read so many threads about each individual aspect and problem of your Zex install, I feel like I put the damn thing in. Maybe think about that before you bash others.

Anyhow, with a 75 shot (assuming it's wet, of course), it really wouldn't be absolutely necessary to run a custom tune. Most of the EFI kits you'll see on the market are designed to work with stock ignition, timing, and injection, so there's really no need to be adjusting anything. Is it safer? Of course. Does not doing it mean you're going to blow your engine? Nope. Back when I used to hang in Levittown, where the only entertainment was racing, plenty of people would bolt on a 75 (and even a few 100) shot and be completely fine.

I am going to be using a new tune, but largely because I already have an X-CAL2.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 11:51 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

The NOS Off Road version (maximum MMT allowed) added a full 2 octane rating to the 91 octane tractor piss. It was proven to be even better then using Toluene as a home brew octane booster; well for the money any way. It took 1.5-2 gallons of Toluene ($15-19) to match the $10 bottle of NOS Off Road.

The other aromatic and solvent types of octane booster ranged from negligible to ~1 octane.
Quality amounts of MMT is the way to go. However it does transfer into your oil and can eventually foul O2 sensors. (hence the off road "legalize" in the warning)

Yes, that's the article I'm referring to. I thought they were able to make 93 octane out of it but I didn't want to quote it. lol
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Matty K:

Mmmm... I think it might be a little crass for you to be calling anyone an idiot, Tourige. I mean, I've read so many threads about each individual aspect and problem of your Zex install, I feel like I put the damn thing in. Maybe think about that before you bash others.

Anyhow, with a 75 shot (assuming it's wet, of course), it really wouldn't be absolutely necessary to run a custom tune. Most of the EFI kits you'll see on the market are designed to work with stock ignition, timing, and injection, so there's really no need to be adjusting anything. Is it safer? Of course. Does not doing it mean you're going to blow your engine? Nope. Back when I used to hang in Levittown, where the only entertainment was racing, plenty of people would bolt on a 75 (and even a few 100) shot and be completely fine.

I am going to be using a new tune, but largely because I already have an X-CAL2.

A Custom tune is 2 fold, you get inproved performance, and you KNOW your car is runnin properly and that its actually setup for the nitrous.

That 600-800 bucks for a chip+tune is a much better investment than a new engine.
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 02:44 PM

Explain to me how adding octane booster even comes close to the quality of a good tune? Dosent..

And yes, Torco is the only octane booster that works, unless you want .02 of an octane for each bottle you add.

Thanks to DemonSVT, Warmonger & Matty K for clarifing what I was trying to portray.

2 years, countless bottles and no blown engine yet....Touriage. I appreciate the info, but the bashing is unnecessary. I may not have a lot of post, but I have done plenty of research, hence why my car is running in pristine shape. You may want to try to research a little more yourself so that way, you can share your info in a polite and mature fashion.

Now, you explain to me where I indicated in my posts comparing octane booster to a quality good tune? Didn't think so. Once I get and XCAL2 or something equivalent, I will definitely tune my car to make it run even more reliable and stronger.

Sorry to break the bad news Touriage, but you are incorrect when you indicate "Torco is the ONLY that works." Others have been proven to work as well. Torco might boost the levels more than others, but that does not mean others don't work. Good day.
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 03:12 PM

Thanks to DemonSVT, Warmonger & Matty K for clarifing what I was trying to portray.

2 years, countless bottles and no blown engine yet....Touriage. I appreciate the info, but the bashing is unnecessary. I may not have a lot of post, but I have done plenty of research, hence why my car is running in pristine shape. You may want to try to research a little more yourself so that way, you can share your info in a polite and mature fashion.

Now, you explain to me where I indicated in my posts comparing octane booster to a quality good tune? Didn't think so. Once I get and XCAL2 or something equivalent, I will definitely tune my car to make it run even more reliable and stronger.

Sorry to break the bad news Touriage, but you are incorrect when you indicate "Torco is the ONLY that works." Others have been proven to work as well. Torco might boost the levels more than others, but that does not mean others don't work. Good day.

That sounds a lot like "I dont need a tune, but throwing in some octane booster is going to save my engine"
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 03:37 PM

That sounds a lot like "I dont need a tune, but throwing in some octane booster is going to save my engine"

Incorrect. Care to try again?

By the way, I have yet to see your Torco documentation as of yet. Care to be helpful and share your findings with everyone?
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 03:46 PM

By the way, I have yet to see your Torco documentation as of yet. Care to be helpful and share your findings with everyone?

If i ever find the tests again.. But ask pretty much anyone who runs race fuel in there car, if they need extra octane most of them use Torco simply because it works.
Posted By: allstyle12 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/11/06 04:16 PM

By the way, I have yet to see your Torco documentation. Care to be helpful and share your findings with everyone?

If i ever find the tests again.. But ask pretty much anyone who runs race fuel in there car, if they need extra octane most of them use Torco simply because it works.

I believe that Torco works Tourige so I won't ask. However, others might not. That is why it is important to post proof (documentation)for the benefit of the doubt. If you do so happen to stumble across that information, please share it with all of us.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/12/06 04:50 PM
When do you know when to change from TR55 to TR6 plugs (HP shot) and how many miles can you get out of them when the contour requires double plats?
Posted By: Tourige Re: daily driver nitrous plugs... - 08/12/06 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Tour_Racer00:
When do you know when to change from TR55 to TR6 plugs (HP shot) and how many miles can you get out of them when the contour requires double plats?

75 Shot and TR6's here, no problem with it running or with mileage, runs GREAT. Id say just go for the TR6's

© CEG Archives