Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/19/04 09:20 PM
Anyone try these A/F meters before?

But they do have a Wideband A/F meter.

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/19/04 10:00 PM
I'm getting ready to check out the AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor on my car. I should have it in the next week or so.

Rick
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/19/04 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
I'm getting ready to check out the AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor on my car. I should have it in the next week or so.

Rick

I asked Keyser, how much?
Posted By: Swazo Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/19/04 11:43 PM
If it's the gauge version, IIRC they're going for about $400 on the net Sounds very promising, and something to put in the change area next to the vents on the dash
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/19/04 11:50 PM
Rick

Very Nice!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/20/04 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Swazo:
If it's the gauge version, IIRC they're going for about $400 on the net Sounds very promising, and something to put in the change area next to the vents on the dash

I found them for 364 down the street but I was trying to see if Keyser was giving us a deal. If so I would think about buying from him.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/20/04 04:03 PM
$364? If you can get that then jump on it. That is less than the WD pricing. I'm ordering this one for Rick first because he is a new supplier to me. I don't want to order 10 and then have him spit and widdle for 2 months gettting them and have everyone pissed at me.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/20/04 05:46 PM
Chris-
I'm in on this. . .I need an accurate A/F meter, then I need a dual Oil Temp/EGT gauge and a Boost gauge. . .has anyone looked at these? SPA gauges. . .
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/22/04 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:
$364? If you can get that then jump on it. That is less than the WD pricing. I'm ordering this one for Rick first because he is a new supplier to me. I don't want to order 10 and then have him spit and widdle for 2 months gettting them and have everyone pissed at me.

Here you go. Not sure which one you are talking about, the sigle channel or the dual channel. It was actually cheaper than I posted.

If we are talking about the same kit.

Later,

Eric

If you want one they are right down the street from my work.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Is there a benefit to... - 03/22/04 07:37 PM
Is there a benefit to using a WB air fuel guage and an egt. Aren't they pretty much telling the same thing, just in different ways . Keyser I imagine you would be the one to ask.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/23/04 04:38 AM
Nope that's just the sensor. You need the controller and the guage to read it. Look on the AEM page at the bottom you can see what I mean. They sell those pieces seperately.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Is there a benefit to... - 03/23/04 05:22 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Is there a benefit to using a WB air fuel guage and an egt. Aren't they pretty much telling the same thing, just in different ways . Keyser I imagine you would be the one to ask.

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Is there a benefit to... - 03/23/04 12:15 PM
For all intents of what you are wanting to get out of the guage, yes they are pretty much the same information. However I'd look at the EGT as being more towards the narrow band A/F meter than the wideband as it basically is only telling you if the cylinder temps are on the rise where the A/F can tell you more of why they are on the rise. This is the reason I chose this route over an EGT.

Rick
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Is there a benefit to... - 03/23/04 03:39 PM
For all intents of what you are wanting to get out of the guage, yes they are pretty much the same information. However I'd look at the EGT as being more towards the narrow band A/F meter than the wideband as it basically is only telling you if the cylinder temps are on the rise where the A/F can tell you more of why they are on the rise. This is the reason I chose this route over an EGT.

Rick

Thank you . Thats kinda of what I was thinking. But wasn't sure if egt has more needed info.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Is there a benefit to... - 03/23/04 04:07 PM
I actually was reading up on that the other day.......
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/24/04 07:46 PM
Originally posted by myfastse:
Originally posted by Keyser:

Here you go. Not sure which one you are talking about, the sigle channel or the dual channel. It was actually cheaper than I posted.

If we are talking about the same kit.

Later,

Eric

If you want one they are right down the street from my work.

what does the extra channel measure?? I saw that there are two kits, the 1 channel for $300 something and the 2 channel for $500 something. . .
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Zeitronix A/F Meter - 03/24/04 08:35 PM
Those are not the full package including the gauge unless the part numbers listed on their site are wrong. I'm thinking those might just be the sensor and control unit.

The dual channel would measure two separate exhaust streams would be my guess, but since you can't tune our banks individually you should get just as good a reading from one or the other or if you have one bank that tends to run more lean you could possibly use the single channel in it for monitoring purposes as a litle rich on the other bank isn't going to hurt anything.

I know Tom was thinking that the front bank tended to run more lean than the rear IIRC.

Rick
© CEG Archives