Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jiako Fuel pressure reg & fuel pump. - 11/08/01 04:11 PM
Are both of these needed to help out with fuel managment or will the FPR be enough. I am also working on getting a custom burned chip.
Posted By: PA 3L SVT Re: Fuel pressure reg & fuel pump. - 11/08/01 04:41 PM
This forum came along just in time for you!

I doubt a bigger pump is needed. I haven't heard of anyone doing that for the 3.0. I am currently in possesion of a Mallory P/N 4213 adjustable FPR with plans to bump the pressure up to 55 psi (max safe for long term use). It doesn't look like it will fit, but I won't know for sure until Saturday. I know Kirban makes a Ford app (for Mustangs of course, just like my Mallory), and Advanced Engine Management makes a "universal" app. I haven't investigated either of these any.

Not sure if injectors need to be upgraded, but I think I will because I run lean at high RPM. Unless the FPR does me right. Or a little A/F control.
Posted By: jiako Re: Fuel pressure reg & fuel pump. - 11/08/01 04:52 PM
Yea it did. Mallory also makes a uni fuel pressure regulator for up to 50psi. how do u control A/F
Posted By: PA 3L SVT Re: Fuel pressure reg & fuel pump. - 11/08/01 04:59 PM
Dyno tuning with A/F monitor will do the trick. Whether it is a custom chip, or Apex-i S-AFC, or (EDIT) MAF Optimizer. I'm going the Apex-i route myself.
© CEG Archives