Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
also, what 3.0 motors are you people running?
i believe its the ford taurus 3.0
Quote:
Originally posted by hmouta:
i believe its the ford taurus 3.0

Yep it's the 3.0 Duratec out of the Taurus...conceivably you could use the 3.0 out of the new escape and jag s-type, but then it really isn't worth the huge cost associated with buying a new motor. Check the junkyards, you can find some really good deals on 3.0's if you take your time, make sure it's the Duratec though and not the Vulcan!
any forced induction for the 3.0's?
The only system that is specifically made for the 3.0 is the Kenne Bell supercharger for the Escape. Not sure if it would fit in the contour, because of hood clearance. It is a roots type blower, so it sits atop the motor...I think.

The Vortech should fit with minor modification to the kit...I think the 3.0 block is slightly longer than the 2.5, so the jackshaft assembly will have to be modified in some way.

I would think the new Turbo setup that Chris Hightower is working on should fit as well.
Lets hope that turbo fits the 3.0L.... because that is the engine I am going to build up for it.... if the turbo doesnt fit, then I will just have to get a custom turbo made instead.....

NIkolas
Put blower on 3.0 with 2.5 heads and listen to the whistle then the boom, shudder and finally dying gasp of your Contour..
lower compression pistons needed

R
Quote:
Originally posted by SeR Guy:
Put blower on 3.0 with 2.5 heads and listen to the whistle then the boom, shudder and finally dying gasp of your Contour..
lower compression pistons needed

R

Or use the 3.0L heads. The 2.5 heads would be fun for a minute though laugh
the external dimensions of the 3L are identical to the 2.5L as long as the 2.5L front cover is used, therefore a Vortech will bolt up to it the same as it would to a 2.5L. A custom tune would be highly advisable though. I also would definately not use the 2.5L heads w/ a 3L block with forced induction, the CR would not be conducive to elevated pressure and the valves are smaller, making it harder to fill the cylinders.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rara:
...I also would definately not use the 2.5L heads w/ a 3L block with forced induction, the CR would not be conducive to elevated pressure and the valves are smaller, making it harder to fill the cylinders.

Not to mention the overhang into the cylinder of the combustion chamber making a sharp edge available to the heat. Things like that tend to melt real easy in a boosted motor...
Brad,sounds like you are moving away from the 2.5 heads on a 3.0 block.....sound plan. wink
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Brad,sounds like you are moving away from the 2.5 heads on a 3.0 block.....sound plan. wink

Not moving away from them any time soon. The 2.5 heads still give most HP per dollar spent on NA for the very mild mods I have on my SE. Going balls out NA I would for sure keep the 3 liter heads as well. Keeping the 3 liter ones in the garage for "some day" when I'll return to the boosted world or be able to afford more mods NA. There was never a dispute on which heads have the most potential, just which ones make the most HP on an otherwise stock Contour.
© CEG Archives