Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jiako More 3.0 advice - 11/07/01 03:49 PM
I was just reading Dave Z's 3L swap info and i was wondering since i am goin to be using the 3.0 heads with svt cams which fuel system should i use. Also if anyone has any other info on which parts to use off the 3.0 and which to keep from the svt please chime in. Thank you
Posted By: Lee Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/08/01 03:21 PM
You should use the SVT lower intake on the 3.0 since you wouldn't want to swap over to the returnless system. If you swapped to returnless no S/C or NOS. Just so you know.
Posted By: jiako Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/08/01 04:07 PM
oooohhh....so if you swap lowers u need to swap fuel systems....why is that. Just wondering I am a novice. I guess that means more porting.
Posted By: Lee Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/08/01 04:16 PM
The lower intake is what has the fuel rails and the injectors on it and connect to the fuel lines. On the 2001 3.0 Taurus the lower intake is returnless. You have a Return style since your car isn't a 2000.(that's when they changed) If you were to change to returnless you'd have to swap the fuel lines, gas tank, fuel pump, and PCM out of a 2000 SVT. No small task and to think i have to do this...
Posted By: jiako Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/08/01 04:21 PM
F' that.....I rather have the return type n e way.....I do see forced induction in my future......and some of that funny gas too. Think i would break 12s with that setup.
Posted By: bnoon Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/09/01 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Cox:
The lower intake is what has the fuel rails and the injectors on it and connect to the fuel lines. On the 2001 3.0 Taurus the lower intake is returnless. You have a Return style since your car isn't a 2000.(that's when they changed) If you were to change to returnless you'd have to swap the fuel lines, gas tank, fuel pump, and PCM out of a 2000 SVT. No small task and to think i have to do this...

The fuel rails will swap between lower intake manifolds, it wouldn't be prudent to swap from returnless or vice versa anyway because you'd have to change fuel tanks, lines, ECU's, FPR's. etc... just wouldn't be worth it... The 3 liter lower is about 1mm larger than the SVt unit, but the secondary actuators must be modified to work with the 2.5 uppers...
Posted By: Terry Haines Re: More 3.0 advice - 11/09/01 09:46 PM
But...if you use the LS 3.0 ok its returnless,but its closer to the Jag V6 (NO finger followers on the cam,direct acting buckets etc etc...)and more HP at 'stoc' level! wink
© CEG Archives