Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/24/06 05:11 PM
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has a pdf file of this? It was posted some time ago for the 2.5L and 3.0L duratec's, and I *thought* I saved them both to my hard drive but cant seem to find the 3L one.

I also tried the search engine on here too

Does anyone have them?

I am going to be starting my 3L hybrid build soon, and I am compiling a file of everything I need before I begin

I cant wait!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/24/06 06:20 PM
If you are doing a Hybrid, and not disassembling the block, you'll want to use the 2.5L manual for the assembly.

Mark
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/24/06 07:12 PM
You can use the 2.5 assembly instructions for the whole thing.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/25/06 05:02 PM
Great thanks guys
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/25/06 06:44 PM
I will try to dig it up, but I created a PDF file of a hybrid using the correct pages from the 2.5L manual & 3.0L manuals. I have it printed in a nice big black binder, but I need to hunt down the PDF file that I printed it from ... I'm pretty sure I created a PDF of the 2 manuals, but I might have simply printed both manuals and then mixed/matched pages.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/28/06 10:22 PM
That would be great if you could find it, it would really help me out
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/28/06 10:24 PM
Looked and looked and couldn't find the PDF of the hybrid ... I must have printed both manuals and mixed and matched. Basically, all you need is the 2.5L manual. The only reason why I chose to mix-n-match from the 3.0L as well is because I gave it to the machine shop since it has block dependent information on sizing of the pistons
Look here. Should be everything you need.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: 3L engine build manual from Ford - 08/31/06 05:03 PM
That is great, thanks for the link
© CEG Archives