Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: starjammir Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/03/06 09:54 PM
Any thought on this combo? I was thinking about picking up a Apexi safc for my 3l in my svt. Any thought on tuning with this on the dyno?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/03/06 10:49 PM
Better than nothing, but why not get the xcal2?
Posted By: DanG Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/03/06 11:47 PM
x2... SAFC = MAF trickery.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 12:05 AM
Just spend the extra money for the xcal2.....full adjustability.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 02:16 AM
BOO SAFCa
Posted By: starjammir Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 02:25 AM
I was just curious. I wanted to get an xcal but I hear they are a PITA to tune and i dont have a laptop
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 02:34 AM
with a regular xcal you only get 3 tunes i hear, no adjustability. you need the extreme racer package to adjust it yourself. it seems like alot of money and some guy you dont know tunes a car he's never seen before, unless you pay for hours of dyno time. it seems expensive. i'm going to see about getting a PRP so i can do everything myself, just like the schmuck tunes yours on the dyno. SAFC is maf trickery, but it works well enough for bolt on's and such. my friends with imports have had good results until you start getting into dry nitrous, or boost. then you need the good stuff.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 03:09 AM
Wow, you have no idea what your talking about!

There is plenty of info here about the xcal, I dont feel like rehashing it all.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 03:13 AM
Originally posted by starjammir:
I was just curious. I wanted to get an xcal but I hear they are a PITA to tune and i dont have a laptop

Coming from someone with the PRP and Xcal2...the SAFC is fine for hack tuning import BS, but not for our cars. If enough people would be interested Derek, Stazi, or I could help u with your tuning. Just get enough money together for one of us to get our dealer license so we can have access to all the PCM codes.

BTW what is yoru code?! Dale Kortes has a 98.5 SVT with PRP and if your code is the same as his I could give you a decent base tune.

Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 03:16 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Have you seen this guy's posts? All the sudden he's the authority.

Sometimes I wonder what is happening to this board.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 11:54 AM
Originally posted by stilov:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Have you seen this guy's posts? All the sudden he's the authority.

Sometimes I wonder what is happening to this board.

Chillax dude. KingpinSVT has had an XCal2 for a long time now. I think he is qualified to give a first hand opinion on it. Don't be a choad!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 12:33 PM
I think stilov was talking about TRicker. Maybe not, but Im not the one filling up threads with nonsense! Ill be happy to get into details if necessary, but I think everyone here knows the deal.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 01:48 PM
no...I wasn't talking about Kingpin...he seems cool.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 07:17 PM
Thanks for the half hearted approval, LOL.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/04/06 10:04 PM
I am kidding around with you (Kingpin) I guess you'd have to know me...I am pretty sarcastic. You have my approval!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/05/06 03:53 AM
I figured, hence the easy going attitude. No worries!
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 12:27 AM
haha the only people i even listen to or talk to here is redlineracer12, csvt49, blackcoog, warmonger, and stazi. the rest of you can think what you want but either way i'll beat 75% of the users cars on this site, without a tune. sorry but i dont know anything about XCAL, and i really dont care.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 01:30 AM
Originally posted by TRicker:
haha the only people i even listen to or talk to here is redlineracer12, csvt49, blackcoog, warmonger, and stazi. the rest of you can think what you want but either way i'll beat 75% of the users cars on this site, without a tune. sorry but i dont know anything about XCAL, and i really dont care.

Wow, ignorance defined.
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 01:37 AM
ignorance defined. HAHAHAHAH ok idiot. you just wasted more money that i spent on my nitrous setup for a 3L engine, and spent all that time messin with it, and now your gonna come out with your extra 20 horse and get spanked by my stock motor with 133k on it HAHA im ignorant? you read what was "good" on this site and went for it. grats2u sir
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 01:53 AM
ignorance defined. HAHAHAHAH ok idiot. you just wasted more money that i spent on my nitrous setup for a 3L engine, and spent all that time messin with it, and now your gonna come out with your extra 20 horse and get spanked by my stock motor with 133k on it HAHA im ignorant? you read what was "good" on this site and went for it. grats2u sir

First off don't start with money talk, cause your still paying to fill that bottle.

secondly, your ignorant for assuming that 4-5 people here on the boards are the only ones that know anything.

Third, saying you don't care about what an xcal can do is you being ignorant to the fact that it will help your car perform better. But hey, if you don't want to take advice about how it then whatever.

Finally, drop the attitude. You can beat 75% people here without a tune? GOOD FOR YOU. Set yourself up with someone with your exact mods, and your exact driving skills, PLUS a tune, and they will have the advantage. But yea, good for you....
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:05 AM
LOL you cant compare driving skills. nobody is the same. a tune is great. but XCAL isnt the only thing out there. it might work for you guys, thats wonderful. congrats. i might even do it, but im sure as hell not gonna just buy a tune and put it in, i'm going to set my own perameters with the PRP, or the XRP like warmonger suggested to me.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:08 AM
LOL you cant compare driving skills. nobody is the same. a tune is great. but XCAL isnt the only thing out there. it might work for you guys, thats wonderful. congrats. i might even do it, but im sure as hell not gonna just buy a tune and put it in, i'm going to set my own perameters with the PRP, or the XRP like warmonger suggested to me.

can we get some mods on this guy? Seriously all he does is mouth off.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:09 AM
I didn't mean comparing driving skills. I meant if you had a twin that was exactly the same as you and drove just like you did, like a mirro image...the tuned car would have an advantage. And if you are interested in the xcal2 and prp, then why did you say in an earlier post that you "really don't care"?

Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:17 AM
i know posthuman i was just pickin on ya. and as for the other guy here, yeah. cry to a mod. most people cant handle the fact that someone that doesnt worship them for there "superior" knowledge can make power without there help.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:21 AM
i know posthuman i was just pickin on ya. and as for the other guy here, yeah. cry to a mod. most people cant handle the fact that someone that doesnt worship them for there "superior" knowledge can make power without there help.

If that is people's mindset on the forums, thats pretty sad. With my posts I wasn't trying to come off like there is no way you can have a fast car, etc. because you only listened to 3-4 people. I am simply saying, there are tons of people on the boards and a lot of them know more than a thing or two, and to ask for advice on something (whatever it may be) and only take 1 persons response as "the way it has to be", your missing out. Not to knock anyone...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:23 AM
I don't think anybody has a problem with you making power. And you don't exactly need a whole bunch of folks' knowledge to just put nitrous on a car, and I don't think anybody really cares if you worship them for that or not.

They just have a problem with your bit of a know it all attitude. Which you really shouldn't have.
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:25 AM
for sure i agree. this forum is here for the spread of knowledge. and when i bash other kits i just try to get my point across. if you knew me IRL you would see how i'm really trying to say it and it wouldnt come out the wrong way. i am very biased on nitrous setups though. anything else, i try my BEST to listen
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 05:16 AM
with a regular xcal you only get 3 tunes i hear, no adjustability. you need the extreme racer package to adjust it yourself. it seems like alot of money and some guy you dont know tunes a car he's never seen before, unless you pay for hours of dyno time. it seems expensive. i'm going to see about getting a PRP so i can do everything myself, just like the schmuck tunes yours on the dyno.

Thanks for the lovely PM by the way, really a stand up guy we have on our hands here! Congrats, you are the first person on here to really piss me off.

OK mister know it all, here is where you are wrong:

First off, I dont give a crap what my dyno sheet looks like compared to yours. You spray, I dont. You win. YAY! If you want to continue bashing me with dyno numbers in PMs feel free.

Second. Xcal is not 0 adjustablitiy. If you had the ability to read you would have noticed in any advertisement that it does have user adjustability. You can even modify tunes that you are given. Above this, 1 vendor (Brenspeed) is more than willing to work with you until you get tunes that WORK. Be it 3 or more. Bottom line: You get 3 result producing tunes! And this isnt the first time this has been posted about Brenspeed.

Third. Some guy you dont know tune your car? How about someone who has experience and knows what their doing tune your car! And it doesnt cost hours of dyno time. If you had a clue what you are doing you would know this. 1-1.5, maybe 2 hours is plenty. Ive done it, I know (and that was datalogging 12+ runs!). Not to mention the experience ADC or Brenspeed has far surpasses "schmuck" status. That statement alone proves your ignorance on the matter.

And I would trust that schmuck (as you say) running the dyno and tuning my car far before I would let an ignorant A hole like you wash my rims!

And before you go sending me another wonderful PM, at least realize WTF you are talking about. You do fill the boards up with nonsense, and this thread is only one example. What you state above is untrue and uneducated. And what makes that bad is that you insist that its the truth without acknowledging the facts.

Until next time
Posted By: Swazo Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 07:57 AM
sorry but i dont know anything about XCAL, and i really dont care.

The fact that you're using MSD DIS-4 speaks for itself, you don't need to say anymore STFU newb, use the search function, read up and try to learn something rather than run your mouth You contribute nothing but ignorance. Your way is antiquated, step up to the currant level of tuning and you just might get a little more power out of your s%*^box.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 01:49 PM
seriously this is what happens when cars become more affordable...you get people like this.

No wonder everyone is bailing off the boards.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 02:42 PM
About the xcal, i contacted another CEGER about maybe starting up another GB from Brenspeed....does this sound ok to people?
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 03:37 PM
for sure i agree. this forum is here for the spread of knowledge. and when i bash other kits i just try to get my point across. if you knew me IRL you would see how i'm really trying to say it and it wouldnt come out the wrong way. i am very biased on nitrous setups though. anything else, i try my BEST to listen

I know how you feel about nitrous. I ran a 75 shot on my basically stock SE waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and ran a 13.8. The problem with nitrous and the Contour platform is that you just can't get the power to the ground.

I know... I had nitrous, then SC'ed the 2.5, then went hybrid 3L and I can say that the 3L was easily the best of the 3. Not for peak dyno numbers, but for the power under the curve... and being able to put that power down a lot more easily (and not having to refill bottles).

What's your car run in the quarter?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 04:48 PM
The standard XCAL2 with a basic tune doesn't give you adjustibility. It has to be setup by the tuner and then limited parameters. THat is the extreme racer pack that I recommended, basically it is the xcal2 with adjustibility, which is NOT the same as the PRP.

I only recommend the PRP for some people with a lot of time on their hands and at least some brains.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 05:50 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
The standard XCAL2 with a basic tune doesn't give you adjustibility.

Do I get to correct Tom for once?!?! Actually, the XCAL2 does have SOME adjustibility. It's not a whole lot, but if you have the tuner giving you a decent enough program, you shouldn't need THAT much adjusting anyway. You get ~5% adjustibility with AFR and 2* +/- in timing, from wherever they set your paremeters. You'll have to download the free software from sctflash.com, and it's simple to do!

For crazy forced induction applications, I would suggest the PRP or a dyno tune. You can always get the XCAL2, and get right on a dyno, or wideband, and see how things look, and have adjustments made from there with updated programs/tunes.

And Bill(Starjammir), I emailed Brent @ Brenspeed today. I'm sure he'll get back to me in a day or two about possibly setting up a group buy. I'll post in the GB forum if he commits to it.

Mark
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 06:11 PM
lol. Okay, I guess that is something. The exreme racer adds a bunch more from what I can tell though.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 06:45 PM
lol. Okay, I guess that is something. The exreme racer adds a bunch more from what I can tell though.

Oh there's no questioning that. That, I'm guessing, is why it's an additional ~$300 for the PRP. The PRP gives you, pretty much, the capabilities of doing anything and everything a professional tuner has access to. Just don't put it into the wrong hands!

Mark
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/08/06 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Oh there's no questioning that. That, I'm guessing, is why it's an additional ~$300 for the PRP. The PRP gives you, pretty much, the capabilities of doing anything and everything a professional tuner has access to. Just don't put it into the wrong hands!

Mark

*hides hands quickly*
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 01:56 AM
LOL forget all of you people. i guess I'm an idiot and running a DIS4 box for FKIN TIMING RETARD is a stupid idea. although ive used nitrous a bottle a week and never had a problem. face it. you guys spent 5x the money and 5x the work and i will still beat you, at the cost of 30$ a week. i make that much taking a [censored] on my lunchbreak. forget this site, lol. grats one less "idiot" that is a CONTOUR ENTHUSIAST. just throw everyone off the board that doesnt worship you so you can be the last male to own a contour, ill sell mine to some middle aged chick like everyone else did. later.

(oh by the way my last post will be me beating a 12.7 second mustang by about 4 car lengths, but i dont know anything. i'm a noob) you freaking idiots havent seen my car so you wouldnt even know. you shoulda asked for info before you talked all the smack here, lol
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 02:15 AM
Walk quietly, and carry a big stick.

I wouldn't walk so loudly, my man. You've no idea of that which you speak. You haven't the foggiest idea of what I spent, what I DO spend, or what you would "beat me" by.

You're abrasive, rude and condescending. Calm it down, and do it quickly. You don't have to leave, but you do have to be social. You can CHOOSE to leave, that is fine, but you can't treat the other members with that language, or attitude. Calm down. If you're so fast, good for you. Others enjoy it THEIR way, the same way you're preaching it is SUPPOSED to be (to each his own.. remember?)
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 02:23 AM
LOL seeya ray. your users here just jump all over anybody that wants an opinion or to tell someone with a similar car what they did. oh and yeah, im gonna pull it out......

you bought warmongers car, grats.

just try noticing for once that some jerks on this site really are fast to jump all over everybody. i'm not the only [censored] on this site. have a good day.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 02:36 AM
You've spoken your piece, and you did it without swearing. Thanks.

If you must leave, do so while PROMOTING the platform to other people.

If you choose to stay, do so with an open mind. I never singled you out as the ONLY one to jump people. I agree that MANY people on here are rude. You just HAPPENED to bring attention to yourself, in this.

Do what you must.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 02:37 AM
see ya

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 03:21 AM
I really don't get this guy's problem. He has OK numbers using nitrous (which ANYONE can do on ANY platform). He has done nothing great and doesn't seem to know all that much about these cars (not that I do). He wants to put in his two cents about tuning when he knows nothing/little about it and gets angry when someone is giving factual information about it. I hate to see someone leave that is willing to try new things with these cars or even willing to do anything with them, but dang his attitude stinks. Stick around guy, you don't have to leave. Just realize you don't know everything about everything and your way is not the only way nor even the best way even if it's worked good for you.

And if I'm not mistaken, that msd box you have cost about what an xcal2 cost. Yet the xcal2 allows for so much more. Why would you go against something like that?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 03:47 AM
Well, to him I guess HP = knowledge. Or something. Maybe lack there of?

Use the following as examples:

After my first comment in this thread
Originally posted by TRicker PM:

hey [censored], heres your PM. why dont you put your dyno sheet where your mouth is? if i post nonsense, why am i putting down more than half the people on this site and nobody in the tri state area with another contour will race me? because when they SEE MY [censored] they SHUT THERE MOUTH. eat a high hard one dude.

Originally posted by TRicker PM:

post up a dyno sheet and prove that you know more than me, [censored].

Dont let the door hit ya!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 03:14 PM
wow!

He has been on a rampage for days. This kind of crap needs to stop and though I'd say he mostly overreacted, he did have a point that in some threads he was jumped on.
Ah, C'est la Vie
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 03:53 PM
He wandered over here from SVTPerformance, after running his mouth over there as well. He finally started to calm down, after he realized that we all had the same thing in common. A couple posts later and he's got an attitude again.

By the way, I did offer to meet him half way between Indiana and Minnesota, at a drag strip of his choice, and see if he could put the car lengths on me that he said he could. Needless to say, he had 37 excuses, saying something about racing me in a snowmobile. I even offered to run him N/A, with him on the bottle.

Mark
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 09:21 PM
mark. i told you i needed a clutch! i have it. let meet up sometime this month? i'm up for some fun. a hybrid+bottle should gime a run either way but i bet i have more nitrous on mine than you do (i care less about my motor)

and yeah you guys can all talk but i have met in person a few guys from here and i dont think any of them dislike me a bit. the fact is, i stand here and look at my car and the little i have done is done right, and you guys post up nonsense promoting items that dont work, or show little gain. like a borla exhaust, its the same thing as stock. stock sized tubing, just a high flow res and mufflers. 800$ for that thing? i'm sorry, but thats a waste of $$$ even though it looks nice (the tips, maybe?) i dont know if you guys know much about nitrous or what running colder plugs does to your car but in some instances (especially 2 steps colder) your car will have plug fouling issues if you have a stock fuel/timing curve. it just runs too fat for that cold plug. the MSD, fires the ignition 3 times in a row every time it's supposed to spark a given cylinder. (up to 3000 rpm) this makes sure the fuel is getting burned nicely and gives the car a huge increase in throttle response.

another thing about the MSD. you all probably know this but....

it has a 2 step rev limiter, that you can hook to a switch. so i have a rev limiter for launching. i get all this "how you putting that power to the ground" stuff, and there you go. i can set my launch RPM to a switch, launch (adjustable by 100 rpm incriments btw) and flip the switch. voilla~! consistent launches! yay!

not to mention i have no rev limiter (i dont know why, it'll rev to 8000) so i have a max rev limit set at 8000

but all this is just a waste of money~! anywho, seeya guys. i'll stick to talking to people in person or on the phone or else i just come across as an A-Hole
Posted By: Swazo Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 09:50 PM
Whoopy for MSD, it's still antiquated like I said.

The main problem with MSD ignition setup is they DO NOT altering anything until after any detonation, spark blow out, etc has already occured. It can't react before things happen but only AFTER they do.

NOTHING is better then a properly tuned chip since it still uses the PCM's full adaptive engine control and wide range of inputs.
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/09/06 10:00 PM
you do know that a DIS is a parallel system right? it works WITH the ecu, its not like a blaster coil or any of the old school stuff (6AL etc) here's my opinion:

MSD= the LAST thing you should buy, unless you are running nitrous.

Tune+MSD is better than just a Tune, gains may be minimal, but the features are nice, and i like it. i never did say that it gives my car like a omg50HP or anything but it does help and the car runs very smooth and starts very well. the only downfall, you can hear the thing buzzing when the radio is turned off. that can get annoying.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/10/06 02:11 AM
Tricker,

I ran a 75 shot NX wet kit on my SVT. I know what it can do. I loved it but I hated filling the bottle. Umpteen tons of power and you can put it in in a couple of hours. I ran copper plugs one step colder than stock on the stock ignition and ignition was NEVER an issue. NX solenoid stuck ON one time but I think thats because I wasn't using a bottle heater.

Whatever, just don't say that every one is trying to say run useless mods because we aren't. And Borla? Very few people on here tout the Borla exhaust as being a great performance exhaust. Most of us build our own exhausts to fit.
If it comes to that, I built 3 separate piping sets for my system, two turbo and one N/A system so I feel like I know whats up with it.
I don't think the MSD ignition is bad either. BTW, did you know you can setup a two step limiter with the SCT products?
Don't know the details but they have discussion about it on their forums.

So anyway, I just think all the attitude is unwarranted. Even if someone jumped you, jump them back once and let it drop so that you don't alienate other people online. I don't think you are a bad dude but I think you got on the defensive and should just let it die down.

Oh, and between Nitrous and a built 3L, I'd take a 3L because it is more consistent in the launch since you always have it and you can get really really good at driving it. It isn't as fast but a well built one is about as good as running a 50shot on an svt. Hands down a 75 wet-shot SVT 2.5L will whip all but the bigger turbo motors though. and for about $600.
Having driven, N/A 2.5L SVT, 2.5L SVT with 75shot nitrous, 3L hybrid N/A, and turbo 3L.....I'm qualified in at least having my own opinions.
None of them can compare to a 3L turbo well-tuned running just 10psi.
Posted By: stilov Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/10/06 03:37 AM
my 2 cents...

I understand what you are saying Tricker...(I don't think you will find "many" misconceptions in the FI forum...you will in general mods) I feel the same way about $ spent...it is better put in some places...you will find many believe that way...

Plus, many of us that are really pushing the envelope with the Contour...it isn't the first car we've had to toy around with... so we aren't really "dumb" when it comes to mods.

Just take it easy. Like Ray said speak softly...many on here do. It looks bad when you get on here, and start claiming this and that when you don't know who we are or what we have. Usually we are pretty easy to get along with.

FYI One of the fastest 1/4's for a Contour came from a 3L N/A.

Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/10/06 07:53 PM
I agree warmonger. like i said you are one of the people i respect most on this site because you have tried basically every type of aspiration on the contour. and let me tell you man, the difference between a 75 and 100 shot is insane, too. you shoulda tried it. i'm going to dual stage and put a 75 and a 50 shot in. when it's all up and running i'll let you all know how that does. i want the dual stage before i do that because i dont want to shock the engine so much with that much nitrous at one time. and also, yeah. i know everyone says the borla exhaust is almost like stock etc i was just pointing out that options are limited for a bolt on and people seemed to be dissing on his exhaust. and i see what your saying i know i am opinionated.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/12/06 05:30 PM

So anyway, I just think all the attitude is unwarranted. Even if someone jumped you, jump them back once and let it drop so that you don't alienate other people online. I don't think you are a bad dude but I think you got on the defensive and should just let it die down.

I agree. That's why I let this post continue in order to let TRicker come full circle and protect himself. Provoked, yes, but he took "most" of the garbage to PM's and kept mostly information in his posts. We've got to stop alienating the newbies here, at least until they get past the initial "mines better than yours" phase. Been there, done that, got the Spring Zing '01 T-shirts and some busted engine parts to prove it.

I agree warmonger. like i said you are one of the people i respect most on this site because you have tried basically every type of aspiration on the contour. and let me tell you man, the difference between a 75 and 100 shot is insane, too. you shoulda tried it. i'm going to dual stage and put a 75 and a 50 shot in. when it's all up and running i'll let you all know how that does. i want the dual stage before i do that because i dont want to shock the engine so much with that much nitrous at one time. and also, yeah. i know everyone says the borla exhaust is almost like stock etc i was just pointing out that options are limited for a bolt on and people seemed to be dissing on his exhaust. and i see what your saying i know i am opinionated.

I tried 100 shot on the street on my '99 SE when it had the 2.5 in it and I got worried about fuel. Do you have any sort of fuel pressure monitoring going on? Or at least a fuel pressure saftey switch? How about plans for a wide band to know what's coming out of the motor?

Also, the dual step is a great idea. With the 100 shot, it was pretty much useless in 1st and 2nd gear coming on all at once, which had a negative impact on 0-60 time and 1/4 mile compared to the 75 shot (on my car at least). The top end charge was fun though!
Posted By: TRicker Re: Dyno and apexi safc II - 08/13/06 09:08 PM
i have a AEM wideband 02, and i have a fuel pressure guage. my car reads 60psi flowing fuel pressure. i have a E0 svt so the system is a return style. it seems to run a little bit more pressure than that later models.
© CEG Archives