Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well I was able to make a block but the richness will kill my motor rings. It ran smooth when it was idling the car was switching back and forth from rich to lean like it should but as soon as I took it for a block the baby went rich as hell.

Now the delemia is this I have a dyno appointment for friday. And I know it won't make a road trip like this. I could put it on a trailer but my car is too low to do so.

I tried to contact ADC they seem to be busy to answer phones there. I have a SCT dealer here but doesn't have the upgrade for contour too much money to have he said.

So where can I get a script or racer pack before friday. I need to do something quick and hints on what I should do here.

It cranked up third crank sounds awesome ....
join the club man. I just need to finish the tuning on mine.
Tom could email you a tune I'll bet.
tom as in warmonger?
The only catch maybe is I have 50lb injectors he has 42lbs
No chance of rescheduling your dyno-time? I wouldn't rush something like a tune, and scrambling around to have something mailed to you within the next 48 hours is doing just that. See when they can fit you in next, and be on the safe side.

Mark
It depends on whether or not the PCM codes are the same. If they are, then it's only a matter of going in and changing a couple parameters. If not, they wont be capatible.

Robert
What's your pcm code? SFG2 is what I have and if you have the same you are golden.

Otherwise buy the code for me and I'll tune you up till your heart's content (within reason lol)
SCT will charge me $200 for a new code.
Yes I have that code
Originally posted by warmonger:
What's your pcm code? SFG2 is what I have and if you have the same you are golden.
.... I'll tune you up till your heart's content (within reason lol)

Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
Yes I have that code

Let the boost begin
Quote:

Otherwise buy the code for me and I'll tune you up till your heart's content (within reason lol)
SCT will charge me $200 for a new code.

That's the code I have too!
Well Okay then.

If you already have a PRP, then I can email some tuning stuff and you can burn the code in your own XCAL2.

If you don't have one then you need to send me an XCAL2 so I can burn the tunes into it then send it back.

If you have the extreme racer pack then there are ways around it.
Since you already have the SFG2 codes, you won't have to buy me a code. We'll work on some sort of base tunes for each.

Send me an email to my real email with all information and we'll begin the discussion and work something out.
Start off with a list of your goals/objectives for the tune like type of fuel to run, etc.
Then summarize in a neat column everything done to the engine that changes if from stock such as intake manifolds, TB, inj, maf, turbo, etc.
SOB's...why do I have to have a different code!!!!
I have this code too. You don't have a chip burner do you?
I have the PRP with the XCal 2 and the innovative wideband to monitor the tune so I may talk to you about it.

Thanks,
Chris
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Send him your Xcal2 kiddo.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Send him your Xcal2 kiddo.

Err you mean chip, hence why I said chip

Enter sarcasm.....
Well the car is running a little better had a bad battery. I still have the car wanting to die when I put the A/C on I have to figure it out if the RPM drop around 1000 with the a/c on the voltage drops to 12 volts strange. I might have a clutch going out and drawing to much current or might be the fans which I haven't kicked on yet by themself the car never gets hot enough to kick on.

I bought the xcal2 from ADC he will send me my tune and more to try and adjust from. I know it running more rich than lean which is good but my EGT does not register I am wondering being the EGT start at 575 faherneit if the engien exhaust when reving get hot enough to register

I never took it for a spin around the block yet or boosted anything yet. I will check the connections tomorrow on the EGT and will install my intake temp guage too.

The car idles beautifully I could almost balance a penny on the engine. The engine defintly has a throater sound than the 2.5 liter. I will post some videos of the car this weekend of it reving etc. Thanks for the help guys
© CEG Archives