Posted By: JEDsContour New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:15 AM
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:20 AM
WOW!

Very nice!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:22 AM
Posted By: gotapex Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:36 AM

Enjoy the cleanliness while it lasts.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:39 AM
Awesome, now optimize that throttle body.
Posted By: tropictour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 12:39 AM
Coil on plug? Very nice BTW.
-tropictour
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 01:30 AM
Originally posted by tropictour:
-tropictour

Yep, Coil on plug (COP). I think Warmonger got COP to work with the contour SVT PCM by using an intermediate module of some sort. Anyone know the details on that? I honestly might be interested in running COP. If nothing else, It would keep me from having to swap valve covers!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:28 AM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
-tropictour

Yep, Coil on plug (COP). I think Warmonger got COP to work with the contour SVT PCM by using an intermediate module of some sort. Anyone know the details on that? I honestly might be interested in running COP. If nothing else, It would keep me from having to swap valve covers!

If you could get COP to work you could run that larger dual plenum intake manifold. Oval port rocks and that really reminds me of my engine swap. All nice n shiney.

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:38 AM
Beautifull engine. Price looks more attractive when you see just how much stuff it has in it, TB, new flywheel, etc.

My partner and I made a new coil driver circuit to work the stock coils with the emanage, not the coil on plug.
I did work on some schematic ideas for using the coil on plug with the an intermediate device but it just didn't seem worth it when the stock system works as well as it does with good wires.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:53 AM
They even gave you a free dog? Those guys don't mess around!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 03:25 AM
Looks like the only catch is the 2nd tap for the oil return into the pan ... nothing a flared cap won't fix though

Great deal considering all that you get can't be produced cheaper by buying similar parts that are available.
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 07:08 AM
Watch your step, I'm busy picking my jaw up off the floor.
Posted By: Harrry Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 07:17 AM
I am jealous!!! Looks good. good luck with it in the future!!
Posted By: bradSVT Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 07:21 AM
New is always awesome. That looks beautiful. Have fun with that!
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 11:11 AM
Intake looks like the Escape intake manifold.

As far as the plastic valve covers. The 3L swaped SVT Contour I just sold kept the plastic valve covers so you can use them. You just need to rig up a mount for the coil pack on the back. The 3L bracket works with some spacers added.
Posted By: cougarguy939 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 01:40 PM
did they give you any HP/TQ ratings for the motor out of the box?
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 01:48 PM
Looks great. And I love the random dog pic.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Intake looks like the Escape intake manifold.

As far as the plastic valve covers. The 3L swaped SVT Contour I just sold kept the plastic valve covers so you can use them. You just need to rig up a mount for the coil pack on the back. The 3L bracket works with some spacers added.

And a different oil cap. Hits the hood as well.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cougarguy939:
did they give you any HP/TQ ratings for the motor out of the box?

I'ts intended for dual T28 turbochargers in the Noble car. This engine would perform relatively poorly naturally aspirated due to it's 8.5 to 1 compression.

In the Noble, these engines generally produce between 350 to a max of about 500 HP at the wheels. I fully expect to see in excess of 400 HP at the wheels with a single T3/T4 turbocharger (ADC kit) in my Contour.

Frankly, that's more power than the contour chassis can handle.

Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Looks great. And I love the random dog pic.

Yeah, he was checking out a section of forest around my house that I recently cleared. He usually has a BIG smile about everything, but I can never get a good picture of him.
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/14/06 08:23 PM
nice, congrats man! Did the dog come in the crate too?

Let us know how the install goes.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 07/15/06 03:46 PM
Quote:

And a different oil cap. Hits the hood as well.

Cap fits fine... Click Me
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/22/06 03:29 PM
So what's the latest? Have you had a chance to work on the swap? Enquiring minds want to know!

Mark
Posted By: tropictour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/22/06 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
So what's the latest? Have you had a chance to work on the swap? Enquiring minds want to know!

Mark

I was wondering what happened to this post. Yes we definitely need an update on this monster. Hurry cause Burrita is almost finished.
-tropictour
Posted By: Tabari Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/23/06 05:37 AM
Where exactly would you order one of these and for how much? Thanks!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/23/06 01:19 PM
Search much? Been posted.
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/23/06 01:48 PM
It won't be finished until Spring 2007. I am almost done with the most challenging and difficult part of any car project?.

Putting aside funds, finding the ideal low mileage car and buying all of the hot rod parts! (How many projects fail for lack of that? )

This has been a slow motion project for sure - but it??s well planned out, fully funded, and when I start wrenching, things will happen quickly. It will basically be like disassembling and reassembling a new car. All the mods (except one) are bolt on. Tuning the thing will be a challenge?for someone else. ADC is one option, but there are some obvious others.

Regrettably I had problems with the building contractor for my new workshop. I had to pull the plug quick to avoid a worst situation later (long story).

The result is I??m going to have to do this in a much smaller area than I??d originally planned (2 car attached garage), without a lift. I really thought about putting up a metal building on my existing concrete pad as a quick solution, but in the long run it??s a waste of time and money to go that route.

The first mod will be welded sub-frame connectors so I will have some nice jack points. I need the car driveable for that anyway.

I will take lots of pictures as I go along and I may put together a website. I have always liked seeing how other??s projects are going.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/23/06 02:23 PM
Thanks for the update! Now I know that I won't need to bother you again, until ~April of 2007!

If you, or someone you know are interested in tuning the vehicle, you might consider getting in on the Group Buy I have going, for the Xcal2 + Pro Racer Package! PM me if you're interested.

I'm sure Warmonger could set you up with a really good tune, and you could make fine adjustments from there. Just thinking of alternatives to shipping the car to Arizona, where conditions will differ from where you're located. Anyway, can't wait to see this motor in your car come spring time!

Mark
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Thanks for the update! Now I know that I won't need to bother you again, until ~April of 2007!

If you, or someone you know are interested in tuning the vehicle, you might consider getting in on the Group Buy I have going, for the Xcal2 + Pro Racer Package! PM me if you're interested.

I'm sure Warmonger could set you up with a really good tune, and you could make fine adjustments from there. Just thinking of alternatives to shipping the car to Arizona, where conditions will differ from where you're located. Anyway, can't wait to see this motor in your car come spring time!

Mark

Thanks Mark,
I have the Xcalibrator 2 with (I hope) two baseline tunes designed by ADC for my Turbo 3L. I haven't used it yet and won??t be until I get ??Evil Twin? assembled.

I will certainly need help adjusting the tunes that ADC sent me. Right now doing that with anyone except ADC seems problematic. For example, if I asked Warmonger to tune this thing, he would have to start from scratch with his own baseline tune, right? Am I correct in believing that only ADC can modify the tunes they sent me?

Since I am assuming anyone who could help me tune this already has the SCT Advantage III software, how would the PRP help me, a guy who absolutely knows better than to try and learn to tune on a custom forced induction engine!? I really am interested in the PRP software but I am not sure what additional capability it provides me. With software, it??s probably better to wait to buy until the last minute anyway.

If I do not send the car to Arizona, I will get the analog data cable and wideband O2 sensor for data logging. I have no problem with renting significant dyno time locally (somewhere).
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 01:39 PM
GOD i wish i had the money to get one of those for my tour!
Posted By: stilov Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 01:43 PM
Tom's base tune....is great to say the least. I had him start over for mine...I hadto fix a couple things to continue tuning.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 02:14 PM
It REALLY is a great deal considering your options two years ago. I started to build my "forged" 3L around two years ago before I had ever heard of AER. Plus, you get the bonus of a cam set spec'd for turbo use. Not to mention, it a fully build long-block. 1 day's worth of work to pull the old and drop this one with very little to nothing needing to be swapped over.
Posted By: tropictour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 05:44 PM
Are you going to be port matching the SVTC UIM or going with the oval port UIM?
-tropictour
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/24/06 08:11 PM
Are you going to be port matching the SVTC UIM or going with the oval port UIM?
-tropictour

Oval port. The only changes I'm making to the engine as shipped are to remove COP and cap one oil drain fitting. I'm very nearly replacing the entire SVT drivetrain.
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/26/06 04:52 AM
you are so right tropic green I am so close to being done. I have it running very close to good. Tom has made my life stress-free with tuning he is an awesome tuner and very knowledgable. I made some test run on low boost nothing over 4000 rpm and I will say it feels good for now.

I installing my wideband AEM this weekend so we can get some good full throttle pulls on street. I hope your numbers turn out good too. But say the least I will maybe be done by this week. Thanks to Tom quick help.

I will say this the motor you have is the way to go because I know for a fact that the money I have in my motor alone is more than you paid. So for people who want to have the beast they should follow your path.

At least you have a company backing you up on warranty. My warranty is break in down start over lol.

Keep your eyes open this will be a great year for us.
Posted By: stilov Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/26/06 04:57 AM
d@mn!!! I wanted be done before you Burrita...Tom is doing my tune as well...I was out of town last week, and have had a lot to do at work, so hopefuly I can make some tunging progress this weekend.
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: New AER "Noble" 3.0L - 08/26/06 05:02 AM
SO what do you have stilov. What setup and what are you expected to do? I for some reason have not seen any post on your build?
© CEG Archives