Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I've been searching for a place to buy Stainless Steel bolts/ nuts for my exhaust flanges. I need some to go from header to y-pipe (4), y-pipe to test pipe (2), test pipe to exhaust (2).

I was also told I need some hardened steel washers for my fidanza flywheel. Does anyone know what the sizes are for the washers?

Can someone point me to a good place to get these? I bought some bolts from home depot for the exhaust, but I don't think they will hold up to the heat too well.
Ace Hardware in my area sells stainless steel nuts and bolts. They are spendy but it's one of the only places you can find them at here in MN. I'm not sure if they are national though.
The menards and the tue value stores here have them. They typically cost about a buck a bolt depending on size...
Menards doesn't seem to have a very good selection of metric bolts. Ace Hardware has every size metric and standard.
And why do you need metric bolts to connect your exhaust?
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

You don't but it is nice to be consistent. I have a local mom n pops store that happens to have everything I've ever needed.

I'll try and locate an Ace hardware near me. I know there are some around Cincy but not sure where.

Does anyone know what size of washers I need for the flywheel bolts?
I just pulled a bolt off of mine and took it in to the store with me.
Quote:

You don't but since everything else is metric, chances are he will need to find a metric stainless bolt some time and they have everything at Ace.
© CEG Archives