Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar I need a CAI - 07/11/06 03:29 AM
I really need a good cai for my car. My intake is a home made pos. Friggen duct tape holding it together and it looks like complete [censored] to say the least. But I can't find any cai's for my car. Most are 4 bangers. My car is a 99 mtx cougar. Thanks
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 03:51 AM
I seriously wonder WTF is wrong with people. I just do not understand it...stupid people are everywhere! Damn u noobies!! Damn you all!!!!

actually it goes beyond noobies...I could really get into an amazing rant, but F it...I'm going to bed.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 05:52 AM
I think he just told you to search. There is bunches of information on that topic. I would volunteer some, but I still have the stock SVT intake and I'm happy with it . . . for now.
Posted By: 99CougarNY Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 08:08 AM
your kidding right? talk to GMK (grandmasterkhan) over on newcougar when the site is up ... oh, and next time ... don't use duct tape ...
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 99CougarNY:
your kidding right? talk to GMK (grandmasterkhan) over on newcougar when the site is up ... oh, and next time ... don't use duct tape ...

Thats why Im asking on here. Its down. And I was joking when I said I was using duct tape. Its just a bunch of rubbe connectors. And I would have searched but Im too lazy.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 07:40 PM
You don't even have to search! Its in the stickies posted at the top of each forum!

And if you want us to just spit out info (that is readily available to everyone) because you are too lazy to search, maybe we are too lazy to respond. Look in the stickies!
Posted By: Harrry Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 3.0L Cougar:

Thats why Im asking on here. Its down. And I was joking when I said I was using duct tape. Its just a bunch of rubbe connectors. And I would have searched but Im too lazy.

Sorry man this is not neco.

We are not friendly here!!! And i do mean that.

So use the search function here then. You can;t use it on neco becuase it is down. But you can;t use the search here because why?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Rickson:

So use the search function here then. You can;t use it on neco becuase it is down. But you can;t use the search here because why?

Yes we ARE friendly! Just on the rough side of friendly here, like the rougher older brother. lol
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 09:30 PM
Duct tape is a fine tool, but not on an intake tract!
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: I need a CAI - 07/11/06 11:07 PM
Take a photo of your current intake setup and I can custom make you an intake.

email it to GraREMOVEndMasterKhan@gmail.com
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 12:19 AM
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
Take a photo of your current intake setup and I can custom make you an intake.

email it to GraREMOVEndMasterKhan@gmail.com

For some reason my email didn't go through so I'll just post them. I want an actual cai if I could. I tried making my own but the pipe would rub the tire. Thanks

Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 12:21 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
You don't even have to search! Its in the stickies posted at the top of each forum!

And if you want us to just spit out info (that is readily available to everyone) because you are too lazy to search, maybe we are too lazy to respond. Look in the stickies!

This coming from the guy with over 1k in posts. I never go on this forum and completely forget how to move around on it. I get the search though but like I said Im too lazy. But if your too lazy to help then why even post? Just to show how lazy you are?

And where is the thing stickied some where? I still can't find it...
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 12:52 AM
What does post count have to do with anything? I have a low post count compared to many on here, and most of them are answering easy questions about basic bolt-ons, and helping people out. And I'm not too lazy to help. But when someone says they are too lazy to search, why should I feel obligated to help?

Regardless...If you want a CAI specifically for "bling" points, then I think weapon-r still sells them. You can find piping for them on ebay, but I suggest buying a better filter. You can always just do the tried an true MAF adapter and K&N but thats not "cold-air" as if there is a big difference.

*EDIT*

And stickies are found in the first # posts in each topic. They have a pin style icon next to them. Since CAI is basic DURATEC PERFORMANCE, you can find the info stickied in that topic forum.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 05:45 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Rickson:

Yes we ARE friendly! Just on the rough side of friendly here, like the rougher older brother. lol

no-- we are not friendly haha
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 06:07 PM
Quote:

Regardless...If you want a CAI specifically for "bling" points, then I think weapon-r still sells them. You can find piping for them on ebay, but I suggest buying a better filter. You can always just do the tried an true MAF adapter and K&N but thats not "cold-air" as if there is a big difference.

You can't use the WR Cold Air intake with the 3L intake. The Cold Air Intake was designed for the 2.5L intake. You need to have GMK make you something.

BTW that is one of the oddest setups I've ever seen. Why is your battery strapped in with a tie down? The battery tray looks like it would still fit. Why not use it. The fuel rail and throttle hook ups are a bit interesting. I'm assuming your PCV line hanging there behind the intake is there because you couldn't figure out how to get it to hook up. You must be using the 3L line that goes right to the intake without a filter inline.
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 07:24 PM
Yeah making an intake for your setup would be no sweat at all.

You'll need to pick up a battery relocation kit and have that battery dropped in the trunk.

Once you have that done please take another photo from directly above the area behind the headlight and I can show what exactly and where exactl you'll need to cut in order to run the CAI piping through.

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: I need a CAI - 07/12/06 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Quote:

You can't use the WR Cold Air intake with the 3L intake. The Cold Air Intake was designed for the 2.5L intake. You need to have GMK make you something.

I just made my post in regards to his 1st post. Didn't know he was running the 3L UIM. Oh well...
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/13/06 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Quote:

BTW that is one of the oddest setups I've ever seen. Why is your battery strapped in with a tie down? The battery tray looks like it would still fit. Why not use it. The fuel rail and throttle hook ups are a bit interesting. I'm assuming your PCV line hanging there behind the intake is there because you couldn't figure out how to get it to hook up. You must be using the 3L line that goes right to the intake without a filter inline.

I have nowhere to put my battery. There is just the car (flat thing against the fender but there is nothing to keep it there. And the line is there from the original motor. Doesn't go anywhere...

And I'll try to do the battery relocation thing but the problem is the previous owner tried to and it didn't work. He thinks it was because the wire wasn't thick enough. Or the ground in the trunk wasn't good enough. But for the ground in the rear I would just use the same cable I use in the front right? Just drill a hole in the rear and bolt it on there? I've never relocated a battery before. But before you guys start saying SEARCH!! I know Im just saying it and right now Im going to search. Thanks
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/13/06 11:24 AM
I used 1/0 guage wire for my battery relocation but you should be able to get away with smaller wire. I think the kits out there come with 2 or 4 gauge wiring so they have to work. Just sand down a spot on the trunk for a ground and drill into it and bolt it down there.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/13/06 02:34 PM
Click the link in my sig, go to the last page and then page backwards to my last pictoral writeup ... I documented how I ran my battery relocation and Warmonger chimes in with how he ran his differently and why. Good info, check it out.
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/14/06 01:50 AM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Click the link in my sig, go to the last page and then page backwards to my last pictoral writeup ... I documented how I ran my battery relocation and Warmonger chimes in with how he ran his differently and why. Good info, check it out.

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell? Also how do you actually connect the stock (+) line to the one that you bought? If you have any pictures of that connections I'd like to see. If not you could just tell me and I could see. I just have never followed the (+) to where it goes. I know wher the (-) goes (not that exciting) but where does the (+) got to? I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the link.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/14/06 03:29 AM
Originally posted by fastcougar:

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell? Also how do you actually connect the stock (+) line to the one that you bought? If you have any pictures of that connections I'd like to see. If not you could just tell me and I could see. I just have never followed the (+) to where it goes. I know wher the (-) goes (not that exciting) but where does the (+) got to? I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the link.

I'll get some pictures this weekend hopefully as I'm going to clean things up under the hood of my car since my fuse box is just flapping around down there. Basically, you take all the positive wires that are currently under the hood ... 1 large one that attaches to the battery and you can either cut the clamp off the end and crip the two together or connect them with a fuseable link.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: I need a CAI - 07/14/06 11:13 AM
Quote:

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

It depends on which wire you get and the outside jacket. The stuff I have is very bendable. I've seen some that are horribly stiff.

Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: I need a CAI - 07/17/06 03:28 AM
Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

If you get welding cable, it'll be very flexible. I had no problems running my 1/0 welding cable and routing it around stuff. Bends pretty well.
Posted By: 3.0L Cougar Re: I need a CAI - 07/17/06 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:
Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

If you get welding cable, it'll be very flexible. I had no problems running my 1/0 welding cable and routing it around stuff. Bends pretty well.

Ok, I have to try some of that. Where do you get welding cable from? Would home depot maybe have it?
© CEG Archives