Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: buttersSVT SHO!!! - 05/31/06 11:43 AM
i know its not a duratec but i was wondering if it is possible to swap the 2.5 for the SHO engine? would it fit? what would i need other than the ecu and all of the other obvious items to make this work, and last but not least, would it be worth it?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 11:53 AM
Posted By: ElKy Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 11:58 AM
are you talking about the 3.0 yamaha motor?
if so, when it is running right and well maintained it is a great motor.
but when anything goes wrong, it is expensive as hell to fix.
Posted By: Stazi Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 12:11 PM
Originally posted by burninrice:
i know its not a duratec but i was wondering if it is possible to swap the 2.5 for the SHO engine? would it fit? what would i need other than the ecu and all of the other obvious items to make this work, and last but not least, would it be worth it?

I see you've neglected the search function............AGAIN!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 12:13 PM
sure if a guy can put on into a tempo why not a contour, think it took him close to a year and he had to custom re-build the front end of the car to fit the engine ....
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 12:46 PM
You're not allowed to another CEG meet.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 01:14 PM
I don't know how many people have asked me this question about the 3L SVT's I've sold. They know it is a 2002 3L Taurus motor and yet they still ask if it is from a SHO. WTF?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
I don't know how many people have asked me this question about the 3L SVT's I've sold. They know it is a 2002 3L Taurus motor and yet they still ask if it is from a SHO. WTF?

I had an SVT owner ask me if I put the SHO motor in me SE...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 02:02 PM
Absolutely!
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 06:14 PM

i know the diff. i was just wondering if it was possible, not that i want to or have the means to do it, someone at my shop asked why i didnt want that motor instead of the 3L and i didnt think that it would be all that much better if at all.
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 06:14 PM

i know the diff. i was just wondering if it was possible, not that i want to or have the means to do it, someone at my shop asked why i didnt want that motor instead of the 3L and i didnt think that it would be all that much better if at all.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SHO!!! - 05/31/06 06:37 PM
Your posts make baby Jesus cry. Half of them could have been cleared up with the search button. And the answer would have been found in less time than it took for you to post.

Mark
Posted By: plance1_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 02:30 AM
Dont listen to these guys. Heck yeah you can put a sho engine in a contour. Ive done it, it worked out great. Its a simple drop in as long as you have a good set of vise-grips and a few screw drivers. Send us pics!
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 03:00 AM
Anything is possible if you got the money. If not, go search for the "no" to your question...
Posted By: Tourige Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 04:31 AM
Originally posted by plance1:
Dont listen to these guys. Heck yeah you can put a sho engine in a contour. Ive done it, it worked out great. Its a simple drop in as long as you have a good set of vise-grips and a few screw drivers. Send us pics!

Hahaha
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 07:58 PM
Originally posted by plance1:

really? i think i have a few screw driver laying around, i think im going to give it a try...lol yea right
Posted By: svt4stv Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 08:40 PM
the sho v8 is essentially a duractec, so that might work. give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Posted By: Tourige Re: SHO!!! - 06/01/06 08:53 PM
you can also dod the non-turbo BOV mod while your there, and add some tornado air filters too!!
Posted By: buttersSVT Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:
you can also dod the non-turbo BOV mod while your there, and add some tornado air filters too!!

hahaha nice!
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 05:26 AM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
the sho v8 is essentially a duractec, so that might work. give it a try and let us know how it goes.

When I measured the engine bay area and the SHO V8 I determined that there IS room for the SHO V8. There is not engough room for the engine AND a TRANSMISSION though. At least without moving the front wheels out about two inches per side.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 05:39 AM
hummm... a widebody contour V8
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 11:07 AM
That's still FWD. Genious!
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 05:55 PM
Lube.. . LOTS of lube.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 07:17 PM
Originally posted by We Todd:
Absolutely!

just about peed my pants!!
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: SHO!!! - 06/02/06 09:38 PM
Locked. Die thread, die!