Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/29/06 05:20 PM
Hey Mods,

I'm seeing lots of questions about PRP package tuning and I'm thinking it may be a time for another forum specific to chip and flash tuning.

I just posted a lengthy response about PRP tuning that may be better suited to its own forum in order to concentrate the questions and knowledge to that area.
The tuning principles being the same for any of the OBDII pcm setups with some carryover to OBDI, I'd think that anyone could come in and find info that they would need.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/29/06 05:34 PM
Great idea...the PRP forums on SCT don't see enough traffic IMHO.

Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/29/06 09:16 PM
Good Idea. Just call it Tuning or if you prefer Retuning.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/29/06 11:05 PM
Sounds like a really good idea. I'm sure I'll need help as soon as my PRP gets here.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 05:30 AM
Agreed. There is a lot of knowledge to be had by newbies to tuning (such as myself) and it will help keep the people who know all about it, from repeating themselves as the PRP is gaining popularity.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 06:17 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Agreed. There is a lot of knowledge to be had by newbies to tuning (such as myself) and it will help keep the people who know all about it, from repeating themselves as the PRP is gaining popularity.

+1
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

+1

Come out to redline this friday.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 12:27 PM
+1000!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 02:15 PM
I'm with you guys ... I am at a point with the Contour that I will start to use the PRP here soon and such a forum would be invaluable!
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/30/06 02:54 PM
I'll post a link to this in the Mod forum.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 05/31/06 03:13 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/01/06 06:49 AM
I'd like to see a tuning forum as well.

Marty
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/01/06 04:05 PM
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
I'd like to see a tuning forum as well.

Marty

x2. Would be great to learn, even if I never get to use it, it would be great to know what all is involved.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/01/06 05:10 PM
The SCT forums are pretty good, but it is ALL mustang guys.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/01/06 07:13 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:
The SCT forums are pretty good, but it is ALL mustang guys.

Exactly. They do have some good info in their forums, some of which can be applied to us, but a lot isn't so clear. It would be nice to see a Contour based tuning forum.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/02/06 02:40 PM
Ditto.

I gave up on SCT forums when I had the issue with rev limiter and AC problem.

Turns out the AC problem was not the tune... go figure, and the Rev limit problem I ended up fixing myself by changing everything I could think of in the tune that had rpm related to it.

Anyway, the tuning information on CEG is there, just scattered and of course we'll be changing and adding to it with regard to SCT tuning, maybe even Diablo if someone buys their stuff and figures it out.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/02/06 03:48 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Ditto.

I gave up on SCT forums when I had the issue with rev limiter and AC problem.

Turns out the AC problem was not the tune... go figure, and the Rev limit problem I ended up fixing myself by changing everything I could think of in the tune that had rpm related to it.

Anyway, the tuning information on CEG is there, just scattered and of course we'll be changing and adding and organizing it with regard to SCT tuning, maybe even Diablo if someone buys their stuff and figures it out.

Fixed
Posted By: touredon Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/04/06 12:40 AM
Hey Mods,

I'm seeing lots of questions about PRP package tuning and I'm thinking it may be a time for another forum specific to chip and flash tuning.

I just posted a lengthy response about PRP tuning that may be better suited to its own forum in order to concentrate the questions and knowledge to that area.
The tuning principles being the same for any of the OBDII pcm setups with some carryover to OBDI, I'd think that anyone could come in and find info that they would need.

Effin GREAT idea!!!!
Posted By: fordrule Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/08/06 12:18 PM
Originally posted by touredon:
Hey Mods,

Effin GREAT idea!!!!

and tom gets another one
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/08/06 03:23 PM
I think Tom should be the mod of that forum.

All in favor say I.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 02:42 AM
I
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 03:33 AM
At this rate, I might as well add the new forum to NECO ... god forbid we actually have a few forums/threads/posts that contribute to the CDW-27 community

Seriously ... this thread is how old and has how much support, yet no forum has yet to be created? Sorry, I'm usually the one getting [censored] at for this kind of stuff ... kinda nice being on the other end of the keyboard
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 04:33 AM
we're waiting on a big forum software changeover once Lance gets some time, so I'm holding off changing any forums until then. We actually have a few things we are going to change in regards to forum layout. So don't get too pissy, the request has been duly noted, and is likely to appear with the new forums in the near future.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Rara:
we're waiting on a big forum software changeover once Lance gets some time, so I'm holding off changing any forums until then. We actually have a few things we are going to change in regards to forum layout. So don't get too pissy, the request has been duly noted, and is likely to appear with the new forums in the near future.

I know ... I was just ribbing you guys
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 04:55 AM

Thats awesome.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 02:46 PM
And how long have we been talking about this change over? Wait, is that Christ?
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 03:48 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Having also been there (just recently), it takes about 10-12 dedicated hours ... and that is if everything goes smoothly! Lance is probably just trying to find the time and motivation ... been there, done that ... it sucks!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Hey, don't look at me, I'm just the messenger, lol.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/09/06 05:29 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
At this rate, I might as well add the new forum to NECO ... god forbid we actually have a few forums/threads/posts that contribute to the CDW-27 community

Seriously ... this thread is how old and has how much support, yet no forum has yet to be created? Sorry, I'm usually the one getting [censored] at for this kind of stuff ... kinda nice being on the other end of the keyboard

Hahaha, this made me laugh pretty good. Neco's got pretty good forums and these days the activity in the engine mod sections is much better than in the past. Still have a much higher percentage of inexperienced people in them, but that has also been changing over time too!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/12/06 03:49 PM
There was a bit of seriousness in this post however ... I'm willing to create the forum if you guys want. Let me know.
Posted By: fordrule Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 06/14/06 02:26 PM
I + infinity i posed this question in neco
Posted By: fordrule Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/24/06 03:39 AM
is there a way to get this part of both forums.

look at the knowledge on both forums and the shear amount of swaps going on and majority of tuners are using the xcal 2.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/24/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by fordrule:
is there a way to get this part of both forums.

look at the knowledge on both forums and the shear amount of swaps going on and majority of tuners are using the xcal 2.

Does neco have a forum up for the prp? If it does, I might consider re-signing up.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/24/06 08:16 PM
I'm reindexing the site so the search will work properly again. After that is done, I will add the forum. Sometime tonight!
Posted By: j99coug Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/24/06 08:41 PM
that's awesome Trevor. Hopefully it turns into something very vauable for all of us cougar/contour/mystique owners!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/25/06 03:21 PM
Just set it up ... now, who wants to be a moderator on there? Tom, the offer still stands
Posted By: fordrule Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/25/06 03:48 PM
i vote for tom..... mod on neco and CEG
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/25/06 05:41 PM
Originally posted by fordrule:
i vote for tom..... mod on neco and CEG

I'll second that
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/26/06 02:54 PM
If there are two mods or someone to back me up when I can't log on, then I guess I can try it for a while.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/28/06 05:24 PM
just FYI guys, it appears Lance is scheduling the new forums to go online mid-august and it will include a new Tuning/Calibration forum.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/28/06 05:29 PM
If there are two mods or someone to back me up when I can't log on, then I guess I can try it for a while.

Done ...
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/28/06 08:10 PM
just FYI guys, it appears Lance is scheduling the new forums to go online mid-august and it will include a new Tuning/Calibration forum.

Yeah!!! Warmonger, Warmonger...
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/28/06 08:30 PM
Looking forward to the site redesign
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Pro Racer Pack tuning forum - 07/29/06 02:43 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Looking forward to the site redesign

Me too! A tuning forum will become my favorite place to visit. I think this redesign is the perfect time to donate money to CEG.
© CEG Archives